The future of MyM is vague

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:26 PM
    now you see, Were not selling the soft currency. its being given for free to people from the server admins.

2. Xx_Canadian_xX

Xx_Canadian_xX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    I'm not even going to bother reading whatever you wrote, stick to being helpful and providing ways to solve this issue, this isn't the forum to pet your ego.

Rohen likes this.
  3. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    11:26 AM
    I copied the definition because you were too lazy to look it up yourself. /workbench is very clearly an advantage according to the definition of the word, so you can think what you want but it doesn't change the Facts. I am aware that "Mojang has a legal team", just like you should be aware that the Eula was still inspired by Mojang and therefor the creators of minecraft.

4. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    Well you can only do that if you're also going to make those crates available to other players free of charge.

5. sporefreak

Local Time:
    Guys. please keep the conflict in a private area. lets stick to the subject and keep arguments out of this.

GreyWolf11, SirWill and Slind like this.
  6. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    "Pet your ego" xD do you know what that means? If you don't want to read my post because you're having trouble reading words, by all means. I don't really care

7. sporefreak

Local Time:
    Thats easy, 1 "Crate" every few hours or so. And again, since these are only cosmetic blocks they give no advantage over other players and just give free nice looking blocks that can already be obtainable with game play.

8. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    That's a good idea. I didn't want to escalate this, hence why I was adherent in not trying to insult the guy, but he just tried to insult my age. I think it's a great idea to move this to a private conversation, but that also requires his compliance.

9. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    I just put him on ignore. I'm here to help find a solution not to bicker with a child.

Back to what we were talking about, while I understand what you're trying to get at, EULA basically says if currency is available it has to be available to everyone, and it's in the chests that means non-paying members also have to have the options to get those chests free of charge.

Slipplaysmc likes this.
  10. sporefreak

Local Time:
    Still an easy solution, making the chests rarely give out 1-5 credits wouldn't be that bad at all.
    Since the cheapest starter packs are around 60, and if you made the chances 1 in 1,000 to get a credit drop randomly between 1-5 it would still take a good 1 in 20,000 or so to get it, still obtainable for free. you cant "buy" credits directly.

11. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    I'm not sure gambling laws in the EU, so I really don't know what is possible and what wouldn't be in this case.

Not sure if Mojang would buy this method or not, but it never hurts to have several suggestions, and this could be one.

12. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:26 PM
  13. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    First of all, it's hilarious that you think I'm "too lazy" I legit know the definition by heart. However, I must inform you that comparing an item to the definition of a word is unfounded garbage. For example, under your logic, someone who obtained a diamond sword now has an advantage over the other players. while they do have an advantage, it's not unfair, because anybody else could get it as well. But let's also assume that this is a PvE server. now that advantage is gone, because there's NO PVP.
    Now, the definition of advantage, "a condition or circumstance that puts one in a favorable or superior position." but in reality, what good would said position do for anyone other than yourself? none. And even moreso, the other members of the populous aren't gonna be affected by it, except maybe in a positive matter (for example, maybe the person with /fly can help someone retrieve their stuff.)

I can't be bothered to add any more to this comment.

14. sporefreak

Local Time:
    I understand your reasoning here, but having /workbench is still an advantage.
    While its not a PVP advantage it is still a PVE advantage. if you are in the nether and you don't have a workbench or wood on you then the players with /workbench automatically have an advantage. Illbeit a ridiculous and small advantage it is still an advantage. Even if it doesnt do anything to another player directly it is a gameplay mechanic that Person A will never need to bother with while B will always have to worry about.

Slipplaysmc likes this.
  15. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    Here is the thing, these PVE servers are not competitive servers, and if there is no competitive element to the game then there is no way to have an advantage over another player simply because there is no end goal or competition. While there are people having big D contests in game, the reality is these are purely PVE non-competitive servers.

16. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    ^ Exactly. @mrminesheeps you keep talking about an 'unfair advantage' or how it won't affect people, but that's not what this is about. It's about having any type of 'advantage' to begin with, regardless of the fairness, how it effects players, or how big of a deal it is.

17. sporefreak

Local Time:
    There you go. there is the advantage people are complaining about. someone got a bigger D way faster then I possibly could have.

Slipplaysmc and Xx_Canadian_xX like this.
  18. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    That doesn't make sense, it's still obviously possible to have advantages. Just because you aren't fighting people doesn't mean you can't have 'advantages'.

camospyro and sporefreak like this.
  19. camospyro

camospyro Just some guy who can't do anything right

Local Time:
    Never have been good with these things myself but MYM is full of amazing and smart people i know this community will survive best of luck with this problem

ElectricPoof and Slipplaysmc like this.
  20. sporefreak

Local Time:
    So i know the blacklist wont apply to older servers, but say we removed all donator perks would those changes have to apply to older servers too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.