The future of MyM is vague

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubidibity

Ubidibity Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:32 AM
    So yeah, I'm not literally saying let people buy flight items. Mym has always been sort of strong armed about anything outside of first tier items even within the player markets. But my point was that anything offered through the hard currency portal would also be available through some sort of in game achievement or soft currency purchase gained through various in game branches.
    In which case people with jobs and less time to grind would pay the $20 to get to the 'gold' level, where the high school kids on spring break would just grind away for two weeks to get to that same spot without paying anything...I don't think you can gate anything behind paying ranks because that's the exact condition that violates the EULA...

2. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    12:32 PM
    I think you'll find the adults with jobs will be grinding instead of paying also. Most people only purchased the rank for access to the items that were otherwise not available.

B00M5H07 and Xx_Canadian_xX like this.
  3. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    5:32 PM
    There was very little available through ranks that wasn't relatively simple to replicate with mods in most MyM packs, /god is the only donor perk I can think of offhand that isn't quite easily recreated.

4. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:32 AM
    @Ubidibity sadly what you suggest is against the EULA. Thank you but stop looking for loopholes. We need a stead way to have income with the threat of that loophole closing.

Personally, I'd be willing to sponser a pack on the network for MyM.

5. Minnow91

Minnow91 Retired Staff

Local Time:
    5:32 PM
    While players come here for many different play reasons! be it building or for modded game play I cant say I would stick around for any Minecraft if losing out on what my cash has gotten me in perks. Cant say I like the idea of starting a pack with no "fly" or cant go anywhere I want and feel like a "god".

While I have been here for a long time and can say 100% I have gotten my 80 bucks of game play from the network it would not be a big hit to myself because as they say all good things must come to an end.

I wish the network best of luck in this battle and hope some arrangement can be worked out. As a Player this pisses me of as its not needed I think in some way they are just mad that modded is a bigger hit than the base game I also wonder why they are even going after modded servers we're just using the engine. But it is there product and moaning about it will not change how they want there product to move forward.

lryanle and BookerTheGeek like this.
  6. Xx_Canadian_xX

Xx_Canadian_xX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I agree, I would sponsor my own server on the MYM network of my pack of choosing.

7. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    6:32 PM
    /god is Drac Evo and Avaritia armor.

Timmypwn and lryanle like this.
  8. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    I wouldn't say Mod packs have become a bigger hit than the main game unless when you speak mods you also are including all mini game servers, factions ect ect, but I would say the sales of Minecraft the core game have more or less leveled off, at this point Microsoft's goal is to get people buying into their Realms servers, and those new shaders they plan to micro-transaction on.

I do feel also that without God mod and fly it would really suck, I play more for mining, making machines and cool stuff, then I do trying to survive starvation and mobs.

9. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Not realms.
    bEtTeR tOgEtHeR eDiTiOn

Xx_Canadian_xX likes this.
  10. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    Is that what they're calling it these days? Sounds so Liberal. Almost makes you want to hug a tree.

11. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    It's the unified Minecraft edition (everything except Java and Play Station). Requieres an Xbox account and from what I know it costs 1/3rd of what the Java edition costs, but there are microtransactions. A lot of microtransactions. You have to pay for skins, resourcepacks and maps. Mod and shader microtransactions will also be added info future updates. But hey, it's mUlTiPlAtFoRm and you get it for fReE if you already own the Java edition (sounds familiar?).

12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    (Can I just say the server name if it's literally so big of a server that pretty much everyone knows what it is? if not, go ahead and edit my post.) It's hilarious to me that Hypixel hasn't been EULA'd over the "restrict gameplay features" part, as their loot chests which you can earn through minigames (or puchase on their store. hmm.) Can only be opened up to 3 star without a donor perk. If you want to open a 4 star, you can purchase the relatively inexpensive VIP. if you want to open a 5 star, you need to purchase MVP (this is somewhat expensive given the situation) and guess what? If you wanna build stuff, you need blocks. However, you cannot obtain these blocks without either daily rewards, or, would you guess it, buying their loot crates. It kindof sickens me that juggernaut servers can get away with essentially forcing you to either play for days on end or pay for a CHANCE to get the blocks, not to mention not being able to use something you worked hard to get, when we can't even sell our kits without getting flagged.

13. lryanle

lryanle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hypixel has the loophole feature of their network to have gameplay be defined as minigames. Because of this, they use all crates (even if they unlock kits) to be fully cosmetic as it does not directly interact with the network's idea. Its hard to explain, but I hope you get the idea. Hypixel is FOR SURE getting some sort of favoritism.

14. paplaukes

paplaukes Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'd just look into how bad is this blacklist. Because if it's not being able to play whatever comes after 1.12 then Microsoft can keep it. I'm playing a 1.7.10 pack - that version was released in 2014. I honestly do not know nor care what the new MC versions bring. I heard there are ponies. Or maybe zebras. Upside down slopes? WHO CARES WE CAN SHOOT FIREBALLS AND RIP SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM!

On a more serious note, we're here for modded gameplay. Modding community moves through versions very slowly. They don't enjoy rewriting their mods for everytime vanilla Minecraft gets a new upside down zebra slope. Which means even if MYM access to new versions stops now, that wouldn't be felt until 3-5 years into the future - as opposed to the suicide by cosmetics.

So - how bad is the blacklist?

The42ndDruid and Rohen like this.
  15. Dionysus777

Dionysus777 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:32 AM
    Dammit... I love this server. I know this post isnt useful but Im still gonna post so you can see my support.

Slipplaysmc and lryanle like this.
  16. Medica_Farrentra

Medica_Farrentra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What I don't understand about the complaint is the unfair so so between players. Like as far as I can tell none of the servers really have pvp. So how can it be unfair to other players if there is no pvp?

Decnav likes this.
  17. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    Read some of the replies to this thread; that topic has already been discussed in depth

18. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    As a company (Which in technicality, MYM falls under this category) it would be better for your company (I am using this term loosely) to have as long of a future as possible, so sure, if we got blacklisted, we'd have a good deal of newer modpacks in version 1.10 to mess around with. HOWEVER, This is a bad plan to follow, as the modding community, even though you might not think it, is usually quite swift into moving on in versions (Although this is variable, depending on how difficult/easy it is to port to the next version). and once some of the bigger mods start moving on, then big modpacks start moving with them (FTB is already starting to do this)

19. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I chuckle a little when i watched this.. oh the irony of "no soft currency"

Xx_Canadian_xX, The_Icy_One and Rohen like this.
  20. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Glad you asked Paplaukes! It is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
    1. Server is Blacklisted through Minecraft.
      • Nobody can connect with that version of minecraft going forward.
      • So if it happened today, that would be 1.12.x
      • Most major vote sites drop the network due to it being blacklisted.
    2. Blacklist is integrated into both Forge & the server side software Sponge.
      • Any release going forwards is stopped from connecting to the server.
      • Any release for previous versions is stopped from connecting to the server.
      • Servers plugins will not run as they are on a blacklisted server.
      • This would be 1.11.x and up.
    3. And then...
      • No packs past 1.10.2
      • No more new players
    Keep in mind...
    • Most mods are either on 1.12, 1.10, or headed that way
    • Mods still exist for 1.7.10, but no new updates or support
    • So bugs that exist in the 1.7.10 packs will never be fixed
    As players leave the network for other servers with the modern modpacks, the network dies as there are fewer new players comming in.

Decnav likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.