Any Builders interested in making an Adventure Map?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by fizzydog64, Nov 28, 2017.

1. fizzydog64

fizzydog64 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:41 AM
    I've wanted to make an adventure based modpack for a long time after playing "MMO" esque minecraft servers in the past, and with all the modpacks being very similar in content and having a similar gameplay loop, I think now would be perhaps the best time to do this.

Using mods such as CustomNPCs, making a world filled with a story, unique enemies, and more complex objectives than simply fetch/location quests (even on multiplayer servers) is definitely within reach, and the adventure maps made in vanilla using only command blocks and NBT editing already show massive potential. So, considering this, why not make a modpack based around a single world (think the Material Energy packs) which can bring the best parts of multiple mods together to make an adventure map the best it can possibly be?

So, with that in mind, I'd like to ask if any people would be interested in helping make the "world" that the map would be based around. I know that's a lot to ask, but it isn't something that I can do by myself, and I'm sure this is one of the best places to ask considering some of the builds I've seen on these servers. There are no set themes and all decoration mods are going to be installed, so you'd be free to add whatever the heck you want. Obviously you'd get the credit you deserve as one of the makers of the modpack when everything is said and done.

If anyone wants to help, has any ideas, or has any questions, please comment! Thanks for reading.

2. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:41 AM
    I'm interested in where this goes.
    How do you plan on going about this? Are you going to host a server? Do you already have an adventure in mind? Or did you just kinda go "I want to make a modded adventure pack" and post this without a plan?

3. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    sounds interesting, be sure to provide a few mods like the additional builders wands and schematica. for the builders, im OK at building not the best but if your taking ALL the help you can get i could be up for some good ol' castles, terraforming, ruins and redstone (plz include redpower or simular mod makes redstone about 500x easier)

4. fizzydog64

Local Time:
    The plan is initially to make a server for building and testing, use the buildings and work with them to add an adventure.
    After that, I'll probably put it on one of the launchers and maybe/probably host a server myself for it.

Also, sweet brandon, I hope you'll help out when I get the server up!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  5. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    You'd probably need to be careful with the mods you use, most devs don't even consider adventure mode when making cool block-breaking things because the modded MC adventure mode crowd is small enough to be nonexistent.

6. fizzydog64

Local Time:
    Yeah, most mods I'm going to use I'll remove basically all block-breaking items that will bypass the true adventure mode mod. Thankfully, not many weapons destroy things.

7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    Well, to be fair, I think players would still enjoy the prospect of building their bases and what-not. Maybe a side world, one specifically for building? but you have to progress a bit in the "Campaign Mode" first in order to gain access. Ok, here's an idea I just came up with; If anyone has played Fallout 4 and has played the Nuka World addon, specifically, the map there is mainly split apart via different "parks" each park has a different theme, etc. So maybe we could split the map in a similar fashion? Like, you start off in, say, something similar to Nuka-World USA (Something like an initial spawnpoint where you meet the different factions, etc.) Then each park has it's own unique mobs/enemies. Then once you reach, say, park #2 you gain access to a portal of sorts that lets you go to the normal building world. HOWEVER, you can't get everything you want there... you have to participate in the main questlines in order to gain access to key components for different mod trees. For example, you reach The Galactic Zone and get a certain way through, you unlock more tech-related items. Idk, this is the result of me thinking a whole lot.

8. brandonlk

Local Time:
    i got the impression that we was building a slightly modded adventure map

9. fizzydog64

Local Time:
    mrminesheep, thats exactly what I was thinking of basically, have a world seperate for building and one for adventuring that you need to progress through to progress in the building world.

brandon, that is the plan

10. brandonlk

Local Time:
    So what have the normal adventure bit and then have some housing plots in a separate world/dimension like other RPGs I have seen

11. brandonlk

Local Time:
    So what have the normal adventure bit and then have some housing plots in a separate world/dimension like other RPGs I have seen

12. brandonlk

Local Time:
    edit double post due to silly phone

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  13. brandonlk

Local Time:
    Ok can op please delete all these dupe posts cept the first one

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  14. fizzydog64

Local Time:
    Yeah, that's the plan.
    Also, can't delete your posts, sorry :p

15. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    So, you have the option to explore the different "parks" killing things and taking their stuff, and using those items to build with, or sell. You'd then buy certain building materials from different merchants and what-not, and use those materials to build what you want in the building world. just a thought.