Implemented Ideas for Lag?

Discussion in 'Horizons' started by Nymaura, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Nymaura

Nymaura New Member

Local Time:
    3:54 PM
    Anyone have any ideas to help with lag? I have a good computer and great internet that can do it all.. but run horizons smoothly.. which seems to be a problem for many.. but if there are any tips or tricks I would love to know. I've cleared out JAVA Cache and checked my computer for other problems that might cause me to lag out. Thanks!

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    12:54 AM
    please define lag:
    client or server/connection lag
    lag spikes or constant lag

3. Nymaura

Nymaura New Member

Local Time:
    It's a constant lag. Whenever I'm on the horizons server I usually join the server with a blank screen, but I can see a few things... and then after a while the screen shows up with me looking at something for long periods of time and then the bouncing begins... where things start showing up in the chat and then I run around thinking I'm doing something to have the screen give me a read out error. So I'm just curious to see what people do to try and fix it. I don't have problems with bteam or any of the other servers... or any server outside of MYM just horizons.[DOUBLEPOST=1409296714,1409296468][/DOUBLEPOST]It happens all the time. My mini map shows up.. but nothing else.. the chats there but it's not updating. It's kinda weird. The bouncing if I move and then get jerked back to that same spot over and over. Dunno, why.. I usually have no problems with horizons... nothings changed on my end. So... eh.

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    are you able to teleport to another place or do you read timed out too fast?

If so please teleport to the farmworld and see if it is the same there. If so I can try to rename your player file so you have a "fresh" character and we can see if it is the same again or character connected.

5. Nymaura

Nymaura New Member

Local Time:
    let me check.. I timed out last time I tried to get to spawn. And this time I had to log out and then in again to get there... the farmworld I get the same issue. It times out or it freezes on the blank screen. But I can see the terrain on my mini map.[DOUBLEPOST=1409297646,1409297546][/DOUBLEPOST]This is what I usually see.

Attached Files:

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    which launcher do you use?
    which java versions do you have installed?

7. Nymaura

Nymaura New Member

Local Time:
    I have the newest java just updated it when it told me to and ran the check on their website to see if I have the newest one installed.. and I use the FTB launcher since the MYM doesn't let me play at all. I get in and it kicks me right away.

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Please downgrade to java 7.

Btw. if you would have the latest version of java 8 you couldn't even launch any forge instance as it isn't compatible atm.

9. Nymaura

Nymaura New Member

Local Time:
    hmm...didn't know that... It shows on my computer that I have JAVA 7 Update 67.....does that make a difference?

10. Krxxzy

Krxxzy Guest

That means you should be able to use the MyM Launcher!

11. Nymaura

Nymaura New Member

Local Time:
    And it crashed.. I did try to get on the MYM launcher. I can play all the other servers on there but not horizons.

Attached Files:

12. Krxxzy

Krxxzy Guest

Says your on version
    Try updating to the latest version of java 7 and hard force update the pack!

13. Nymaura

Nymaura New Member

Local Time:
    ok... that's weird let me check my computer.[DOUBLEPOST=1409302326,1409302278][/DOUBLEPOST]how would I hard force update the pack?

14. Krxxzy

Krxxzy Guest

on the launcher right click on the pack and choose hard force update

15. Nymaura

Nymaura New Member

Local Time:
    Did that and it still crashes for some reason. It's weird. Though I did see a second version of JAVA on my computer. It was the 45 one that wasn't removed from the last update. I got rid of it and made sure that I had JAVA 7 .....Maybe you can see if I did the wrong update?

Attached Files:

16. Krxxzy

Krxxzy Guest

Is there anything in your inventory that could cause it to crash, or did you change anything when this occurred?

17. Nymaura

Nymaura New Member

Local Time:
    Nothing changed and here's my inventory. The only thing I would think.. is the gany's end items...

Attached Files:

18. rasgriz34

rasgriz34 New Member

Local Time:
    This happens with me as well on a fresh install.

i74770, 16G ram, and a GTX 650.

When I asked on other servers, they said it happens to everyone, and that it's caused by a mod/plugin used to sync inventories across worlds.

I'm not sure how much truth there is to that. This is a consistency between MyM servers, though. It's not bad enough to be unbearable.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    Nymaura likes this.
  19. Nymaura

Nymaura New Member

Local Time:
    Hmm... so I have a second account... and it doesn't do this blank screen stuff with that account.. which is weird. I get on and things load just fine.

20. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Try to clear your inventory and if you still have the issue we could wipe your player file. (AM2, Thaumcraft Progress would be gone.)