1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SevTech Only suggestion/request.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by deepcage, May 29, 2018.

1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    4:13 AM
    Please increase the ability to load more chunks, if only temporarily. We used to be able to set a chunkloader to a 9x9 at insane ticket costs. but with SirWill's changes: Info - Global Changelog | Page 14 | MineYourMind Community this has gotten nigh-impossible since the max is 32 chunks. 5x5 setting is now the highest you can set a block to.

Why:
    Progression requires well over a stack of Meteoric Iron in age 5 (yes im there already). Meteors need to spawn on both the moon and mars for progression. With only 1 chunk running full speed, there is virtually no chance at all to get enough meteoric iron for progression to saturn. Unless you /afk with /god for several hours. And i did that for more than 6 hours and still not there yet.

Or please make a crafting recipe for Meteoric Iron. Something requiring materials found on the moon only so it doesnt screw with progress.

dragon87tamer likes this.
  2. deepcage

Local Time:
    Ok update to chunkloading. Wyndman has confirmed that at this moment, chunkloading using the /cm module does NOT work at all. The only way to keep an area active is to be standing there yourself. See ticket:
    Minecraft Ticket System - by MineYourMind (Staff only ofcourse)

3. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    8:13 PM
    @fireboyev anything on this you can think of?

4. fireboyev

fireboyev Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:13 PM
    Just waiting on a response for a method to fix this problem. If it doesn't work, we may have to disable chunk loaders until further notice.

5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:13 PM
    They do work if you stay in the same dimension, when you cross DIMs they seem to go on vacation.

6. Rekalty

Rekalty Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That's kind of the purpose of chunk loaders, though. To be running at one place, while you're somewhere else. I would say that this effectively means that chunkloaders are worthless and pointless, if they're unable to load chunks in dimensions you currently aren't in.

7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:13 PM
    Which is why we are trying to figure out why they aren't working correctly.. unless of course you hang out at your friends bases a lot, but that really isn't the point :)

Rekalty likes this.
  8. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Can the pack itself interfere whit or chunkloader plugin sinces it have build in chunkloading

9. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    8:13 PM
    I don't think so. Unless something is altering methods. I can't see that though.

10. deepcage

Local Time:
    As wyndman suggested in the ticket i have open, it might have something to do with the staging. I have witnessed blocks changing texture upon switching dimensions. My thoughts on this are that the chunkloaders turn to stone or something similar and then also stop working. Once the player returns, staging kicks in and changes them back. Thats why i would suggest, even for a brief moment of testing, to allow us to use that built in Weirding gadget with a 1-per-player limit so we cant break the server entirely.

mrminesheeps likes this.
  11. fireboyev

Local Time:
    It's impossible, the modpack has no direct reference to the chunk loader plugin. All it knows is that there is just a random gold or iron block. What could be possible is that it's force unloading the area when a player leaves. This would probably be more of a sponge issue though.

Aidoneus likes this.
  12. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    OreStages (The GameStage addon that stages in-world blocks) only "hide" blocks client-side, by telling the client to render block X as block Y. This does not happen on the server, meaning that the iron-block is, and always has been an iron-block, as far as the server knows, and the server is the side doing the logic of chunk-loading

Aidoneus likes this.
  13. deepcage

Local Time:
    So why not let us even try to use that built-in chunkloader called the Weirding Gadget. it supposedly loads a 3x3 chunk area (yea its a bit big) but it lasts for only a week, its pretty expensive to make for early game players and it would be a good test. (i might just not understand how CL works). its part of their modpack, they put it in there for a reason... right?

14. fireboyev

Local Time:
    We also make modifications to the modpack too for reason. Those reasons are usually to deal with performance issues. Allowing something like that means players can load as much as they have the resources for. The mym chunkloader was made so we could limit the exact amount a player loads and also at a cost we think is suitable.