I highly recommend this pack.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by dragon87tamer, Jun 30, 2018.

?

Would you play this

1. Yes

2. No

3. Potatoe

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    Sounds boring. When did people stop making good questing packs?

I am sad to say that the last unique quest pack was hypovolemia. And even that was inspired by others.

Anne_Marry likes this.
  2. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    1:56 AM
    wdym "good java arguments"

3. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:56 PM
    Typically the GPU/CPU have to work harder for Smooth graphics, and this can also take up more memory to produce... So to cut down on slow FPS (Frames Per Second), turning it off is a good optimization as well as lowering things like resolution, using tools like OptiFine that reduce and optimize pixel usage and stuff like that... When Minecraft runs low on memory for bigger packs, it will either freeze up, crash, or slow down on it's response time, so attempting to lower it's potential memory usage could, in theory, allow for larger packs to be loaded on lower RAM machines... But if you don't even meet it's minimum memory requirements, even these sorts of optimizations might not be enough... If the pack recommends 6 gigs and you only have 8, just ensure you have a minimal amount of background programs running, and force Java to utilize 6 gigs of memory MAX, in the loader's settings... If you check your useable RAM (memory available for use by programs) in your OS (Operating System) and it's well over 6 gigs, then you should be fine... Just requires testing, if you are truly interested in checking it out... Worst case, it just crashes or never loads... Then you can just delete it and move on...

4. Anne_Marry

Anne_Marry Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:56 AM
    so smooth fps uses more ram to give u smoother fps.. but it can be cut back in favor of other settings to improve gameplay,..
    i was choosing this for fps.. forgeting about tha resources to actualy be able to play.. thank you very much for explaining.
    i think i know now why i use 5 gb sometimes for a pack that can play quite ok at 3.5 max4

5. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    -Xmx3G -Xms3G -Xmn768m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=30 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:parallelGCThreads=10

:p = ": P" without the space

I am using older java, so those might be obsolete or not working in newer versions.