1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haelp!

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by JessTheGreat, Aug 17, 2018.

1. JessTheGreat

JessTheGreat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:55 AM
    Ok. Having connection issues with minecraft. Fairly sure it is client side and not a mym issue thanks to help from SirWill. But I can't seem to fix it. Java is up to date. Restarting the router sometimes works, but not always. Everything else internet related works fine. No issues with anything but minecraft. I have no idea how to fix this. Suggestions?

2. got_bacon

got_bacon Member

Local Time:
    9:55 AM
    If you have a very strict firewall, it may be possible that it's not allowing you to connect properly. In this case disabling it (probably not a good idea), or opening the port that the server uses may help.

Note: I'm not too experienced with this besides having to open some ports for COD Zombies so take this with a grain of salt.

3. JessTheGreat

Local Time:
    I did try adding minecraft to the accepted sites/apps for the firewall. I don't want to turn it off and it's never been a problem before. This started a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. got_bacon

got_bacon Member

Local Time:
    9:55 AM
    It is also possible that your router is just garbage. A year ago, my internet would just die every now and again and I'd have to restart my router multiple times. I would arrange to replace your router.

5. BobOfTibia

BobOfTibia Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:55 PM
    What exactly is your issue you are having?

Are you being kicked in-game?

Are you getting kicked at login?

Do you freeze and then get kicked?

What errors does the client give you?

Are there any client logs of your issue?

6. JessTheGreat

Local Time:
    It's generally the "Connection Lost" error in the login process. If I do manage to get in I generally get kicked after about 10 minutes max. No freezing issues, if that tells you anything. Here's the log for the last time.

Version: 1.4.16.425 - FTB Paste
    [doublepost=1534637145,1534634796][/doublepost]It's generally the "Connection Lost" error in the login process. If I do manage to get in I generally get kicked after about 10 minutes max. No freezing issues, if that tells you anything. Here's the log for the last time.

Version: 1.4.16.425 - FTB Paste