1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against IES End automatic reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by TomboyEnthusiast, Sep 25, 2018.

1. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:30 AM
    I think the End on Infinity Evolved Skyblock should not be automatically reset as it is only a void world now so there is nothing to mine/harvest. The nether already behaves like this so I think it should also behave like this for the end. (Unless when it was changed to a void world the world reset system was disabled for it already. Haven't been playing long enough to test it.)

2. Monkey_Banana1

Monkey_Banana1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:30 AM
    iirc the end resets regularly so the dragon can spawn

3. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    @Monkey_Banana1 That is a silly reason to have the end reset. People build farms for enderman in there and have to tear it down or let it die when the 1st shows it's ugly head. IMHO It shouldn't be reset. You don't have the dragon coming back once a month in singleplayer, so why give players that privilege cause we all know the top tier players steal the dragon first.

4. Monkey_Banana1

Local Time:
    It's the same with all servers, people build there farms in the nether / end it gets reset on the 1st why should it be different for IES?

5. havoc64

havoc64 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:30 AM
    Yes, singleplayer. This is not single player, it's multiplayer. Considering quite a few mods rely on killing the ender dragon the end needs to reset. If you're so desperate for Enderman farming, just make a MFR spawner for them or whatever spawner block your modpack has.

Monkey_Banana1 likes this.
  6. KeiranHalcyon89

KeiranHalcyon89 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    As one who made it to end game on IE:Skyblock, I don't recall a time where I ever felt it was necessary to set up an enderman farm in the end. However, what was necessary was mining the end comets for massive amount of draconium you need (as well as choas guardian islands). Unless something changed on the server since last I played those necessary end game structures should still be there.

7. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    There are no longer Comet's in the end because it is now a straight void world. There is the chaos islands however.

People also build automatic dragon killers (I did on my last playthrough when the end never reset.) and if people really want the dragon to respawn once a month, there are ways of doing it without resetting everything. (There are methods of saving the claims, resetting the world and then restoring the claims.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  8. havoc64

Local Time:
    You completely ignored my point about using mob spawners which unless your modpack doesn't have one (several listed below) you're not without the means to enderman farm

Auto-Spawner - Feed The Beast Wiki
    Stabilized Mob Spawner - Feed The Beast Wiki
    Powered Spawner - Official Feed The Beast Wiki
    Wrath Cage - Feed The Beast Wiki
    Tablet of Necromancy - Official Feed The Beast Wiki
    Spawner - Feed The Beast Wiki
    Cursed Earth - Feed The Beast Wiki

9. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    It's a communal enderman farm to start off. I don't need the pearls, I have them. It is for players who do need them. This is why I ignored your point about spawners (unconsciously apparently cause I totally missed that part when I was writing my response). I was returning the favor that I had starting out on the pack when I first played it, and that was an enderman farm so I could get ender pearls easier in the start. I have a rather efficient mob farm already.

It should be different for IES because the nether already behaves the way that I (and the majority of the other members on the server) want the end too. We can't (or shouldn't because apparently we are already) selectively apply the logic that "It's a void world so why do we reset it" (Referring to the change log post here). It also used to not reset when it was a void world originally. The pack authors updated it and broke the end and it became an island (To my knowledge this is the story), and then they re-updated and it was a void world again, but for the period it was broken it was changed so the end would reset, but never changed back when the end was changed back.

10. havoc64

Local Time:
    So you're complaining over nothing then. You said it yourself that you don't need them and refuse my alternatives. You say you want it as a communal enderman farm for those who need them, but, those who need them and can't make spawners would be low tech and hunting them manually thus the end resetting would not affect them.

11. KeiranHalcyon89

KeiranHalcyon89 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hm, interesting. The end was never a void when I played the pack so this is a different from my experience, however that was a couple years ago so I guess things changed. If what you wrote about the history is accurate, then IMO your request makes sense to me.

12. Monkey_Banana1

Local Time:
    The items you need from the end can be obtained very early game.

End Stone = Lava in a stone barrel , right click with Glowstone creates 1 End stone.
    Obsidian = Lava in a stone barrel, place a water source above creates 1 Obsidian
    Draconium = Can be obtained by sifting crushed end stone, crushed end is obtained by simply hammering a piece of end stone.

Why is the end island needed? Everything you need from there is available through recipes.

13. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    Monkey... Just, just think about what you just said for a minute, read what I typed AGAIN, and then come back :D XD

14. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    8:30 AM
    Is this still valid?

15. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    I did some exploring and it needs to reset for the comets and draconic stuff that I previously thought didn't exist. I would say no

16. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    8:30 AM
    Decided against then.
    Thanks for the suggestions though.