Feedback Event Feedback needed!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by GreyWolf11, Sep 24, 2018.

1. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    12:30 PM
    Hello MyM!
    For anyone who was not aware, we just recently brought back events to MyM, by popular and continued request I might add. However when bringing these back, we experienced a low baseline of participation relative to the amount of people who have asked for this.
    As such (and due to the positives of constructive criticism) I am here asking for everyone to give feedback on how we can improve our systems and get participation up for the future.

2. Willshaper

Willshaper Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    I'm not sure if this is already implemented or not, as I haven't really played much for the past month, and i had no interest whatsoever in the current event theme:

I would recommend a daily message on login, notifying players about the event.

Just make sure that this message is just once a day, at login, instead of a server message every X hours.

Doing it as a server message every X hours, would most likely make people more annoyed than anything. Atleast that's how i feel about repetitive messages.

Monkey_Banana1 and GreyWolf11 like this.
  3. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    9:30 AM
    I think the biggest thing is making it more known to people, like Willshaper suggested, add it to the log in message.

September is also a busier month for a lot of people with school starting up again, which might have lowered the number of people able to participate compared to the summer, or even later after they settle into school routine.

Also, try doing it to encourage people, even if they aren't good at building to begin. Try showing them it is a good way to help improve building skills, and take a players improvement into consideration when judging the builds.

chugga_fan likes this.
  4. GreyWolf11

Local Time:
    Next month won’t have building as it’s main focus, so hopefully that’ll get better turnout as well

pizzaluc likes this.
  5. IzzyTheTrashCan

IzzyTheTrashCan Active Member

Local Time:
    5:30 PM
    Yeah i honestly didn't know any event was happening, otherwise i probably would've taken part in it. that's as much as i can say as i wasn't there lol.
    Maybe announcements on the discord, and the previously suggested login notifications?

6. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We did make an announcement on discord but it didn't catch as much attention as I had hoped. Will work on getting something better for it, maybe word it better or something. As for the in game stuff, I did see our forum post pop up in the announcement stuff but a lot of people might not notice that kind of thing. This is why we made this thread though, so we can get ideas and make it more known when we are doing events so the community it is more aware than our first run.

Monkey_Banana1 and GreyWolf11 like this.
  7. havoc64

havoc64 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:30 AM
    I saw the event post but it's themed building. While the idea interested me, I know I'd suck at it. I did go a bit flashy for my Secret basement though (which sadly got deleted)

8. GreyWolf11

Local Time:
    Still need any feedback you may have!

9. havoc64

Local Time:
    If you're going for a theme build event, I'd say go for a theme more universally appreciated such as fantasy, castles, pixel art, etc.
    (I'll most likely opt out though as that is not my forte, having the images in my mind is one thing, actually making them is another)

If the feedback is getting word out, as izzy suggested, login notifications and the occasional tip (once per hour or so maby?) would help tremendously with that and I'm not sure how many players actually check the forums, for me I usually only check when the forum update links popup ingame.

If the feedback is looking for ideas of new events, perhaps an ironman challenge on a temporary server? (with certain items disabled of course)
    There's also pvp arena, parkour, etc. that's all I can think up at the moment.

GreyWolf11 likes this.
  10. GreyWolf11

Local Time:
    Our plan atm is to have an automation competition for next month (so long as we can keep it from murdering the server)

havoc64 likes this.
  11. havoc64

Local Time:
    I know quite a few people who would enjoy that, Infinity has lots of people who go all out with automation. I don't automate nearly as much though, too much going on at once lags my pc severely, it's been that way ever since I recovered from a persistent virus disguised as a mod. Used to handle everything smoothly when it was new though

Might give it a try though and hope my pc doesn't crash.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    9:30 AM
    Now, if you give me an AE2 automation challenge, you can bet your money I'll handle that with relative ease ;)

13. havoc64

Local Time:
    On that topic is there a way to automate Livingwood/Living Rock through the formation planes that doesn't involve an infinite loop of exporting then importing the same exact material just to get the formation plane to place them? Formation planes seem to only want to place something the second it enter the me system.

14. GreyWolf11

Local Time:
    Please don’t clutter up the post with unrelated things, normally I wouldn’t really care, but I am looking back at this almost daily to make changes to the event and the clutter just makes it more difficult.
    Thanks!

15. warangel46

warangel46 Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    you might want look in to resetting the Runic dungeon weekly or even monthly for feed the best Infinity yes Infinity evolved yes infinity normal don't have hardcore recipes but Infinity Expert mode dose tope that when player start doing this to the to the Runic dungeon it might be a good Idea to reset it monthly or even weekly so player don't die

Attached Files:

16. Willshaper

Willshaper Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    This thread specifically is for Server Events, and not general server feedback.

You should post your suggestion in the respective servers forum: Suggestions and Feedback | MineYourMind Community

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    GreyWolf11 and mrminesheeps like this.
  17. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Renamed thread to Event Feedback to make it more clear for players what the post is about.