1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done How to use /wd to capture both the overworld and the space station

Discussion in 'Forever Stranded' started by AceOfBases, Jan 24, 2019.

1. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    1:07 AM
    Title says it.

Used /wd add radius 5 in the space station, then TP'd to the overworld and ran the same command. Did /wd dl and logged into the SP game. Overworld base is there, but when I use my SpaceStation chip to fly to the station, there's nothing there. Possible to bring your base AND station to SP?

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    9:07 AM
    You might be able to download them separate and then merge them manually.

3. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    Nothing appears to capture the space station. If you have a suggestion I'd love to hear it. To verify if the world downloaded, I have to go to the station. Right now that involves making a spaceship and having a chip that points to SpaceStation 1. Clunky at best for testing purposes. Would you know how to direct tp to that dimension to see if the station exported?

4. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:07 AM
    try /tpx (dimension number)

5. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    Well, that's just it. You've hit on the nature of the question. What is the dimension number? If I'm SpaceStation number 1 on the server, what's that dim number? More importantly, if the /wd tool exports both the overworld and the spacestation, does it keep the same dim number? Is that number generated by Adv Rocketry when you make the station for the first time? If that's the case, then the dimension number on my existing chip and the number created/transferred by the /wd tool wouldn't necessarily match. So, how do we see a lit of dims in a world and their corresponding dim number? :)

Edit: /tpx invalid command, in creative mode.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  6. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:07 AM
    ah, might have been another mod that added tpx, or a later version :/

7. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    The easiest way would be to look in your save folder and then that paticular save.

You will have a folder named dim#, that would be the space station.

8. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    Very true. The folders are Dim-9999, Dim-11325, and Dim -343800852.

How to get to them? /tpx isn't it. A search of the interwebs didn't reveal a way to tp to another dim in creative mode. I did find people suggesting that would be a fine thing to add.

9. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    As far as I know, vanilla mc singleplayer does not have any ways to teleport to other dimensions. When you go there the first time you could for example use creative mode to build the rocket and such.

10. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    • Use rocket to go to space station.
    • Go back to overworld
    • Exit game
    • Copy Dim -343800852 into new Dim folder.
    • Restart game
    • Go to space station
    • Profit? Maybe?

11. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    I had to puzzle over what this meant for a few minutes. I think you're missing a few steps, so let me see if my revision makes sense.

1. On MyM, export world using WD, exit MP to Main menu.
    2. Go to saves folder, look at dims, make note of numbers.
    3. Go into SP, get in rocket, go to "Space Station 1" using existing chip. Go back to surface, log out.
    4. Go back to saves folder, note new dimension number that got created by trip to space.
    5. Delete/rename new dimension folder, rename the dimension that got created by /WD to the number of the dimension that the current SP game believes is SpaceStation1
    6. Go back into SP game, fly back to SS1, see if space station build from MyM is there.
    Is that what you were suggesting? If not, clarify please. Thanks.

LadyRen13 likes this.
  12. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Yep. That.

LadyRen13 likes this.
  13. Jitrid

Jitrid Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hey AceOfBases,

Were you ever able to recover your long-lost spaceship?

Kind wishes,
    Jitrid

14. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    Will try in the next day. Thanks for checking in. You can close the issue if you like, doubt it's going to get any more info than already has, but up to you. I will try that, just haven't gotten to it.

UPDATE:

No dice. Dropped a couple hours or so into this project, no luck. I think I've hit on the problem, though. /wd depends on you having perms, or a claim. Problem is, there is no perms or claim in space. I don't get an error when running the /wd add command on the space station, but I DO get an error if I try to /wd dl on the space station. Error is: "You may only download chunks that you have claimed or have build permissions in. Make sure you are standing in your claimed area when adding."

I've always added the station, then TP'd to the overworld base and added there, then saved. Tried to just download the base for this error to show up.

Verified that there are no perms in space when I was able to modify someone else's space station without any trust given. So, pretty sure the Space Station isn't even getting added to the world download. As for the above advice, the dimension directories that get created when the single player world is created don't change when I go to the space station for the first time, so no renaming/ sleight-of-hand options exist as far as I can see.

I've tried looking at directories. I've tried MCedit 2 beta7 and beta14. All no luck, nothing sees that station. I can go to the space station area, but nothing there. Pretty sure it's perms, or lack of them.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  15. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    4:07 AM
    Gonna mark this as done, as from a read-through I think we've done all we can.
    Let us know if you need anything else!