1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server request: Pixelmon reforged

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by CanadaBunny, Mar 9, 2019.

?

Should a pixelmon reforged server be added?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:36 PM
    While I know this was brought up last year I figured id bring this up again in the later time to see if we can make this a reality. With pixelmon it's always been a great mod to play. A sort of titan in the industry. When pixelmon project died it was a tragic moment till it was brought back in the form of Pixelmon Reforged! I believe it would be beneficial for us as one of the largest modded servers in the minecraft community to make a pixelmon server. With pixelmon there are infinite possibilities that can be added for events and different ways to make the game fun for many.

The main issue that surrounded pixelmon was the fact of the original shutdowns for all the servers. However if you look at the statistics you can see that pixelmon reforged servers have been around since 2017 when the project originally started with plenty of players on them. The only problem I see with servers is the slight controversy around the new eula rules with pixelmon but we don't have to really worry about that with our system now do we?

With pixelmon I find it would be an amazing addition to the MyM community as it gives players the fun of connectivity and the idea of how our play styles are. With pixelmon there is infinite teams to run. infinite possibilities in a match. It just never ends on the fun and i'm sure any person who is a dedicated fan that played since the 1.6.4 version would say the same.

As for the "long time" it takes to build a pixelmon server it really doesn't take long if you have a good team of builders who know what they are doing. I know personally myself id volunteer to help build the spawn and gyms and make it as amazing as I could and i'm sure others would help as well.

We could even setup our own modpack on the launcher for it! With some mods like AE2, some added pixelmon mods, building mods, stuff like that to make the game interesting and fun.

2. CatArcher

CatArcher Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:36 PM
    Didn't we used to have a pixelmon server?
    i think it was closed because nobody played on it

3. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    We did but i believe it got shutdown due to multiple reasons

I believe some where it just wasn't taken care of properly and the builds and stuff
    [doublepost=1552181189][/doublepost]Plus the fact of the shutdown of the original pixelmon mod that kinda ruined the server and made it hard to have servers for it without a lawsuit. Which doesn't apply under the new Reforge

4. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:36 PM
    Id play, as long as there was other mods added to it

WishMage likes this.
  5. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Well ofc there would have to be to make it interesting. Not game changing mods ofc just ones to make it where you can do different stuff

6. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:36 PM
    Ae2, extra utils for power, coz u would only need those 2 really, Pixelmon is about catching and battling, so u wouldnt need loads of mods added. U would also need a few mods for decoration/building, specially for those who would help make the gyms/buildings/spawn and maybe a town? with custom NPCs? tho to be fair, if u did that, u would have to have a currency .... so maybe not XD

7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This won't happen. We've tried it twice and players don't want it, they do for a week or two then quit.

We also run into issues with staff having little clue about the pack making it difficult for us to work on it.

Third is the copyright issues with ip itself, it is frequently hit with a cease and desist which we just don't want to deal with.

8. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Yet wynd have you seen the servers that have been active with reforged and have no issues with copyright for almost 3 years now?

Also with the staff not knowing about anything with pixelmon. We have plenty of people who i'm sure do or could learn in the matter of an hour. it's simple to learn how to work. Hell if it came down to it id even help with setting it up! I've done one before so I know the configs personally.

Also with the players not wanting it. Considering the fact that from what I heard about the last one that players didn't want to play was because it wasn't setup or managed properly.
    [doublepost=1552243184][/doublepost]The issue was with the original pixelmon mod. Not reforged. Any server that was running the original pixelmon mod had the issue of being copyright striked

TomboyEnthusiast likes this.
  9. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We run into the same issues with each attempt and reboot, disinterest from staff and players. I believe we tried to do this three times and it failed each time.

It comes down to a player base wanting this, with no pokemon related game released lately I can't imagine this is a burning desire of the player base, but feel free to poll it. It's been done in 1.7.10 and 1.10, with world resets, rules changed same result it collapses.

10. CanadaBunny

Local Time:

So now i'm curious. At first you said it was 2 times yet now it's 3? And i feel we should poll it as ultimately it's what the community wants. The only thing i saw was 2015 for pixelmon so from what data i have to go off I only see one server instance. While I realize past issues may have made it an issue there is a lot more to it that whoever set it up at the time didn't realize they could do. There is so many things to edit and work with.

11. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:36 PM
    Obviously the copyright issues cause problems, and was the demise for quite a few communities the first time Nintendo striked pixelmon servers, however with the release of pokemon Sword and Shield coming up, I think interest would peak again. I well understand the reasons why it is difficult to launch (and keep running) a pixelmon server, but at least we have quite a few staff members who actively play the new pixelmon reforged. Me included.

12. CanadaBunny

Local Time:

+1 I highly agree tona! like as far as i have seen pixelmon reforged doesn't seem to have the issue of being something that will be copyright striked. Hell you can look at Minecraft Pixelmon Server List | Best Minecraft Pixelmon Servers and see some of the servers have been there since the destruction of pixelmon using the reforged mod. Thats almost 3 years now
    [doublepost=1552257032,1552254809][/doublepost]So I talked to the people on the pixelmon reforged project and they had said the original servers were never copyright striked? Just the mod it'self which could still be played on with servers. They just couldn't continue development. The new project Pixelmon Reforged is taken care of by the original dev team and said even if reforged got shut down the servers wouldn't have an issues with anything being put against them

13. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I know a lot about pixelmon and would be more than happy to help setup the server for it. Reforged has a lot of stuff old versions didn't that help performance significantly.

14. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Exactly! Reforged has so many things that can be used to make it better! Hell give me a config file and I will make it how you want it as much as possible. I've setup pixelmon servers like I said before and I know the config files pretty well.

15. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    I'm not against the idea, but we've been burned by Pixelmon before. There would need to be a large outcry of support in order for it to come up instead of a different pack (Throwback, a world-based 1.12, etc.)

16. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Thats what i'm saying grey. I'm sure builders wouldn't be a problem and if the admin teams wants or needs any assistance on setting it up with the pixelmon configs and stuff i'm willing to help and constant maintenance it. Like I adore pixelmon and always loved working on servers for them. Hell if this comes out this would be my home server.

17. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    1:36 PM
    Just putting this out there, I helped setup the last server and had a dedicated staff team manage it and it still didn't go well.
    Not against it, but I would like to see more of a plan/idea concept on how you would run it

Broklyn_Datroll and wyndman like this.
  18. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Well if I was to say a full plan. When I look at a pixelmon server I look for a few things. I look for stability. Ideas that keep flowing, and good builds. With builds i'm sure we have that covered with the builders that we usually have and maybe even a few more helping.

A good way for a server to start with pixelmon is making the first 8 gyms. Once a player beats those you start on the elite four and eventually a champion making each gym and challenge harder then the last. After that we could add in a new "region" of sorts that acts as a second wave for a player to go to with maybe rewards for beating both champions. I don't usually recommend doing everything all at once as it kind of wipes the builders and you want them as functional as possible I assume?

As for stability that's relatively easy to do considering pixelmon isn't a high intense mod that causes massive lag. Just need to have the settings put right. Also good to have a clear lag plugin since it would help with the pixelmon drops and the apricot drops.

As for gyms you wouldn't use actual people. You build a team that is made in an export format in another program and put the team on an NPC. Usually with the NPC's you can set battle clauses. So lets say with level restriction. Most servers set the first gym limit to 20 and don't allow usage of any pokemon higher than that. As for other rules. You would have the no items rule, the no One hit KO moves. All of which can be edited within the npc it'self

The gyms and towns usually are designed off their area's and their typing. So electric gym is usually based in a city or small city. Sometimes a power plant. Just depends on the server honestly and what the builders want to do. You would have the builders start with a spawn and make it themed based off a predetermined theme like beach or something usually with large pixel art above to draw attention and the like.

With server ideas that's an easy subject. Tournaments, Prizes, events, maybe a first to catch specific legendary? The list is endless with whats possible. It's just a matter of willingness to do it. The tournaments I imagine don't warrant one of major server events just something hosted by the staff who play and they can give a gift of their own to whoever wins.

This is some that are in my head currently. I'm sure other ideas would come later but you get the idea.
    [doublepost=1552275862,1552275349][/doublepost]With the worlds you would have spawn as it's own world and a world where the gyms and towns are and the players can build and mine in. The reason why gyms would go with the players is so players can find them and actually travel to them. Plus it's usually good to have it so players can build bases hence the reason why we would have a world where players can express their hearts and do breeding and the like at their houses.

19. Trash_Lucas101

Trash_Lucas101 Member

Local Time:
    8:36 PM
    As long as i get a bunny spawn egg Xd

20. ImJinx

ImJinx Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:36 PM
    If they add mods to help with the longevity then I would love to play. I think it might be fun and wouldn't mind trying to play it :) We also need more diverse packs. There's too many skyblocks that it's just not fun anymore.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019