1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented [Interactions] - Farmworld is needed

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Zxirl, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:29 AM
    There currently is no farmworld on the new interaction servers. The ore-gen is difficult enough with gregtech being in the pack. The server simply will not be able to sustain new players once people begin progressing through the pack if there is no farmworld implemented. Futhermore, the overworld is going to be torn apart and look horrible if people are expected to do all the mining in the overworld.

Punane and ggkhs like this.
  2. ggkhs

ggkhs Guest

I will have to agree with Zxirl here, it follows a similar ore gen like sevtech, different biomes have different ores, and also stuff like furnaces you can only find in villages and something which will be really hard as we progress further in the pack are Blueprints, which also only appear in dungeons, and unlike the furnace (which there are alternatives) there is no alternative to Modular Machinery BLueprints.

Also the fact that the Overworld will be a mess with huge holes and will drive the new people away (one of the reasons Infinity nodes were closed and merged).

3. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:29 AM
    I also agree with this, as ggkhs, world destruction and finite resources.... Farmworld will solve both those issues....Having a farmworld, will benefit the Server and player base... = win for both :D

Punane and Zxirl like this.
  4. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    12:29 PM
    The ore generation is explained in the quest book and about what flowers grows on said vains follow the flowers find the ore

5. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    its still a finite resource, as there is a world border...what happens when everyone starts need specific ores... say 16 players on one server all need copper (its gunna happen eventually) and u need alot of copper do stuff, so 1 whole vein probably wouldnt even be enough to get u 10% of the machines........so your gunna need a few veins of copper, tin, iron, gold, coal ...and thats just to start off... once u get to mid game, ur gunna need loads of everything...and ur gunna want it automated.. and there isnt even quarries in the pack as they have removed them...

just imagine the overworld will eventually be Full of empty holes in the ground where ppl are just using the scanners to locate ores, digging directly down, and clearing the veins....the world will eventually run out of ores...(as previously said, theres a world border) What happens when the overworld runs out of ores for ppl? long term players and new comers? Long term players are going to struggle with what they have, and new comers will quit the pack not long after they get to the overworld, as there wont be resources for them to obtain.

Hence why the farmworld Should be implemented.

I hope it does, as i also previously said, it will benefit both the community and the server, Immensely.

:D

6. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Or get rid of the world border.

But yeah, I agree, I don't think we run out of ores soon, but I hate digging holes into the overworld

7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:29 AM
    Only issues is how to restrict the farmworld based on the pack's progression. If I restrict it, then would player's even use it?

8. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    There could be a sign at spawn whit a teleport cost or like in discord patron support a ore price to unlock the Mym portal

9. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    depends on the severity of the restriction put on the farmworld...i mean its a cost id probably be willing to get just to have access to the farmworld

10. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    MyM Portal: Farmworld
    Cost: 10x Overworld portal blocks.

Edit:
    The nether requirement would need to be tweaked to be the nether portal blocks as well

11. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    might as well use the original nether portal designed for the pack...and the overworld portal too, but i do agree, that would be a good price for the requirements for the farmworld.

12. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    True. Just have the only enabled portal be the one to the farmworld.

dragon87tamer likes this.
  13. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    3:29 AM
    I wonder if 10 more overworld portal blocks wouldn't be cost prohibitive. They aren't easy to make, and if you have to make 10 more to unlock farmworld I wonder how many people would just farm in overworld once they got there? I probably would at least for quite awhile (or until I mined out my immediate area).

On discord I suggested making the unlock cost 1 block of anyOre (oredict for all ores). Ores are not available in skyblock so it would only be allowed once you reached overworld. It would allow any ore block to unlock the portal ensuring we had enough ores out there for everyone to unlock portals for a long, long time. If it did run low, since the ores spawn in veins, a Sr mod would be able to regen quite a few veins pretty quickly and fix that issue.

You'd have to reach overworld to unlock it still, but it wouldn't be enough of a hassle that players would avoid opening the farmworld portal.

Broklyn_Datroll, Willshaper and Zxirl like this.
  14. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Excellent suggestion

15. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    why not a flower ? one of the quest lined ones? rather then digging up the overworld to find an ore to use for the portal? use on the of the flowers that are indicators of the ores itself?

16. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You can get flowers before going to the overworld

17. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:29 AM