1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lag finder plugin, please this would help.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by flexpex, Aug 10, 2019.

1. flexpex

flexpex Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:41 PM
    Hello i play alot on enigmatica 2 expert node 1 (not skyblock) and while it runs fine some times there is alot of times when it starts to lag alot cause of some one having a problem in their base they cant find and fix.

Would it be possible to add a plugin like this i found with a quick google search:
    Opis - Mods - Minecraft - CurseForge

not saying we should all tp around and yell at one another for bad builds, just saying it would be nice if we had an option for trouble shooting a base for potential lag causes and the admins would probably find it very helpful.
    Also with less lag comes more players who enjoy the servers and decide to become member of the community or even patrons.
    "all hail the mighty mym".

//Flex

2. p5k

p5k Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sr.Mods+ already have access to commands that allow them to find the causes of lag and to get rid of it.
    If the server you are on is lagging, then please report it via the support channel on discord, the support forums or the ticket system.
    Sadly, at least from my experience, this does happen with the plugin that tells you the coordinates of laggy ME systems.

3. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    7:41 AM
    That mod is only for 1.7 servers. We have a very similar tool that, as P5k said, Sr Mod's and above have access to.

We're usually pretty quick at jumping on laggy servers. Your best option for reporting lag is to contact us on Discord in the #support channel. If that's not possible you can make a ticket in-game with /ticket create.

HanoverFist69

4. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:41 AM
    If you'd like to look at your own base you should already be able to with the lag goggles mod (at least I believe that was added)
    -V

5. flexpex

flexpex Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    dont seem to be in the pack : (.

6. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    What he meant is that the mod was added to the list of "external" mods that you can join the server with, but you have to manually install the mod.

Here is a link: LagGoggles - Mods - Minecraft - CurseForge

7. flexpex

flexpex Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Thank you kind sir, i shall install it and check it out : ).
    Is there a list of these mods so i can check if there a more good ones?

8. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    LagGoggles will not show you the lagsource if its not installed on the server or you dont have permission to run the profiler.

9. flexpex

flexpex Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    ye i find this is unhelpful, i can only really look for FPS lag not stuff causing alot of strain on the tickrate of the server.

10. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:41 AM
    As said above the Sr.Mods have access to look into and fix the issues. Most of the time the lag isnt reported so we cant fix if we dont know there is an issue? Its up to the players to report the issue so we can fix it.

11. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    8:41 AM
    I am going to mention something. The more "Lag Finding Mods" we add server-side actually does more harm than good. The server will have to send profiled information to clients causing performance hits. This is the same theory behind why people can spam /tps and it causes lag. (This doesn't work on our servers because we have a custom plugin that disables the normal command)

_Cilo_ likes this.