1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Omnifactory consolidated bug thread

Discussion in 'Omnifactory' started by HanoverFist69, Aug 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    8:34 AM
    A few problems arose with the recent setup of Omnifactory. If you can post the various issues here it will make it much easier to deal with them all at once.

Thanks,
    HanoverFist69

2. Regulator_1A

Regulator_1A Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Missing the large ore veins in the mining world. As well as variety of ores.
    [doublepost=1565409979,1565407733][/doublepost]Don't have permission to use RTP

3. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:34 PM
    As discussed in support chat I suggest the following:

Make sure void spawn is protected before people build there

Allow rtp in void world and add an angel block and a flight potion to starter stuff

4. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:34 AM
    Fixed via Omnifactory | MineYourMind Community
    Fixed via Omnifactory | MineYourMind Community
    You have the ability to create an island using skyclaims in this world. You can also click on the sign at spawn to teleport you to that world, and automatically create the island for you.

Fireforce, _Cilo_ and Sandstroem like this.
  5. Regulator_1A

Local Time:
    Also I have only found vanilla ores in the mining world.

6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:34 AM
    Are they abundant vanilla ores or just normal sized veins. Normal ores do appear, but if they aren't huge and the other gregtech ores aren't present this could be an issue not that far into the quest book. I'm going off my single player experience I've not had the chance to look at our server yet.

7. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There was an issue where the farmworld did not generate the special ore-gen for the pack. I have replaced the farmworld with a new one now, so the issue should be resolved.

8. Regulator_1A

Local Time:
    The mining world disappeared from the MyM portal since last night or about ten hours ago.

9. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Was told in my ticket to put the various issues i found into this post:

1. You are unable to get Grains of Infinity at the moment. You cannot light bedrock on fire with flint and steel, and if you use a dispenser to do it, you do not get any grains at all. The only way to progress into jetpacks for example, is to find Infinity Bimetal gears in chests, which is not the intended way.

2. The nether is gated behind the Nether Cake, this is not intended. In SP you are able to go to the nether with Flint and steel + regular nether portal. Because of the nether cake, it takes a ton of work to be able to go to the nether.

10. tonalom

Local Time:
    The config wasn't set correctly for grains of infinity. I have changed it, and both setting fire on bedrock, and creating grians of infinity now works.
    Changed the price to a flint and steel as it usually is.

11. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Another issue i found:

Hoppers run at around 50% of the speed they should.

On Single Player a hopper can easily keep up with, and fill a Basic Wiremill.

On the server, the hopper cannot keep up with the speed of the Basic Wiremill.

12. tonalom

Local Time:
  13. xcb567

xcb567 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Unlimited cake annoyance, every time I log on the quest "Cake Based Dimensional Transit" has an unclaimed reward.

14. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    It is a repeatable quest, that's why.

xcb567 likes this.
  15. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:34 AM
    As Sandy said it is repeatable, this is more for single player as you could accidentally eat all your cake. It resets based on time played so you're never trapped in the wrong dimension for that long.

16. tonalom

Local Time:
    The cakes can actually be replenished using different materials (obsidian for nether cake... etc), however I am not sure if the cake drops when broken. Having a repeatable quest such as this one is more of a security measure from the modpack creator :)

17. ShyLyn99

ShyLyn99 Active Member

Local Time:
    I am not sure if its me but I cannot seem to find any of these ores:

Spessartine Ore
    Tungstate Ore
    Pyrolusite Ore
    Tantalite Ore
    Scheelite Ore

They seem to all be a part of the same vein area and should show up between Y20 and Y30 but despite hours of searching I have found 0 ores of these types.

The main issue with this is that all these ores are base ores used to craft Stainless steel - a major step in progression - by providing Manganese as a bi-product
    I am not sure if these were simply removed to make it insanely hard to get past this point but the only other way to get manganese is to electrolyze Spessartine dust which without the ore is only a bi-product of electrolyzing Red garnet dust.

Please help. I have been stuck at LV without this and my only option is to process excessive tons of ruby and red garnet ores in order to get tiny bits of Manganese dust.

18. _Cilo_

_Cilo_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    3:34 PM
    I believe these are found on the moon. And it is intend to be difficult until you can actually farm them on the moon. Just like the first lot of circuits are difficult until you can get the machines to make them easier.

19. tonalom

Local Time:
    According to this list of ores, the ores you are searching for, can be found in the overworld, but are incredibly rare. My own recommendation is simply to get to the moon and be able to find more of it there.

20. ShyLyn99

ShyLyn99 Active Member

Local Time:
    i dug a line through the entire map and it yielded 0 clusters. According to that Diamond should be almost as rare but in that time i found numerous diamond veins. I checked from 20-30. I will keep an eye out but unless they were changed by administration on world creation I don't see them spawning. But I will keep a look out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.