1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birthday Stream

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Matryoshika, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:52 PM
    So, it's my birthday today (Sept. 4th) (or 'tomorrow' for you across the great pond) and after some banter with @Sicodik_luk I got the idea to stream a game come nightfall.
    Ended up deciding on a horror game cause I like those (shout-out to my sister who got me to watch The Grudge when I was 9) and finally settled on Alien: Isolation, a game that came out 2014, and is based on the cult-classic movie (and franchise) Alien. Yes, the 1979 movie.

Decided to make a post (if short on notice) so that I didn't have to send out 40+ PM's to all of my friends and acquaintances that I've gotten through the (almost) 5 years I've spent at MyM (as a staff-member of any form) (Another 16 days (September 20th) and it will be 5 years! Wooo time sure runs fast when you're with friends!)

The game is rated PEGI-18, due to the horror aspect.
    Streaming will be done on Twitch.
    I am openly announcing the stream, as Twitch requires parental supervision for those under legal-age, and any and all applicable links require age-verification of some sort.

Whilst anyone can come join once the stream starts, it's meant for my friends to drop-by when they can and hangout and watch/listen as I run around in space in fear.

Never streamed before, but been setting things up the last few days: twitch.tv/madmatryoshika

Oh, and countdown is available here: Alien: Isolation Birthday Stream
    It's gonna start ~7PM EST and will last until I fall asleep, so possibly up to 10h, we'll see :rolleyes:

Aerydar, p5k, Punane and 2 others like this.
  2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:52 AM
    This is so exciting!

Punane likes this.
  3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This song is anthem for that stream xD

Punane likes this.
  4. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    The stream might get a bit delayed due to last-minute IRL stuff that popped up, but shouldn't be more than 30m!
    Stream will start at the original time!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Punane likes this.
  5. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Who needs PewDiePie, if you already have Pi.

PotatoWithHat, p5k and Punane like this.
  6. Jitrid

Jitrid Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What about a facecam? ;)

p5k and Punane like this.
  7. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Happy birthday brother... Been long time :p

8. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Damn, son 9h playing a horror game, ur heart must be mado of steel

9. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    I've gotten compartmentalisation down to an art-form.
    Probably gonna make a montage of every time I called the Alien "Kitty" and asked him to jump back up the vents.

There were a few issues, especially the first ~45 minutes (had to restart 3 times before the intro cause it kept crashing in fullscreen, until I switched to fullscreen windowed), but it went pretty smooth. DId crash one more time though towards the end-part of the stream (~7-8h in I think?) and quit the stream after I got stuck in a GUI. Still heavily enjoyed the game, even if I mostly hid in lockers and underneath beds :D

p5k and LadyRen13 like this.
  10. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Wish I would have caught your stream, missed it. May head over and watch it if the vid is up.

11. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    The stream is available on my twitch-channel for another ~13 days. The first ~45m is a bit bad though, as mentioned :bag:

12. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Followed you, you should follow me back even though I have not started streaming yet, I do stream great gamer streams when im offline though.

twitch.tv/lordicon

gonna sit here and watch your vid a bit, dont think i will watch the whole thing since you dont sleep and all lol