[outdated] 1.7.10 Test Server Open (BevoTechPack)

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by SirWill, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    8:40 AM
    true, but I don't see monster and especially b-team any different. Even TPPI (the hardcore tech pack) when you use mekanism..

Is modsauce more complexe in this matter? I haven't played it nor watched videos of it yet.

2. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    modsauce just has more explorer mods, lots of ruins, harder mobs and stuff. but essential its the same.

its a personal opinion.
    I dont like modpacks without a path I can follow to make it harder and when they're that easy I get bored really fast. Mekanism is an awful mod, because its way to overpowered its starting with paxels. you just need tin and copper and u can mine obsidian and that faster as with diamond pick and u do like double the amount of dmg also like a diamond sword? that all in one tool. and that is not enough, there are enchant-able as hell, a level 6 enchant gave me Fortune III efficiency IV and unbreaking III ... Really? :D Why even bother setting up a smeltery? ^^

Also I always need to have a goal in front of me. I had fun on ag and ag+ for months, because there was always the next goal u could work on.

I really like the idea of traveling different planets for resources. also u said u liked it that the bevo mod changed recipes. I can only remember the disabled quarry. Looking into the scripts.. there are ~20 Changes for RandomThings. I never used a block from that mod at all.. yet ;-)
    All the other modfiles have like 1 simple change. In 2 of 8 chases even just a way to make it easier :-(
    If u remove randomthings, the fluxgalaxy script folder is 4 times the size of the bevo techs ones.
    flux galaxy changes a lot of fundamental stuff and it is not even a month old. I think its a secrete tip of a mod who could become huge. especially if someone writes a few quest lines and lore. U can jump into the role of a NASA organization and must travel the galaxy. ;-)

3. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:40 AM
    Modsauce looks fun :)

Decnav likes this.
  4. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:40 AM
    BigReactors is amazing, and if their is an issue with balance, just modify the config to tweak the power production and/or fuel usage. Also, it is not possible to craft Yelorium blocks, they turn into a block of uranium.[DOUBLEPOST=1411773725,1411716187][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the end is not spawning any mobs, so it is very difficult to acquire ender pearls. Endermen are also very rare in the overworld.[DOUBLEPOST=1411774478][/DOUBLEPOST]
    How about changing the recipes so that each mod is more tired to early/mid/late game? All we would need to do is decide what mods go in each tier, and change recipes to require items from the tier before it. Also, we would need to decide what mods are in what tier. I would be willing to make the changes if somebody else would want to tier out the mods? That way overpowered mods could be restricted until they work their way throu the not overpowered mods.

Mijikai likes this.
  5. hansi132

hansi132 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I an watching the hermitcraft modsauce pack and the pack is huge, size of monster maybe a bit smaller. But it has all the really awesome mods. It got mekanism but if you dont like how mekanism is built you can just avoid it. When i play i often like to do new things all the time and mess around with stuff. And i dont want to only be engame i want to enjoy getting there too. But as i stated modsauce it really cool, atlesst i would say.

6. 888leoj

888leoj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:40 AM
    i feel the same way to this pack is not that special and i would like to see something like hermicraft instead or something like flux galaxy

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Mijikai likes this.
  7. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    There are a bunch (figuratively speaking) of 3rd party 1.7.10 modpacks out there that are very interesting. Some of them would I think be great additions to MYM as additional modpacks, while others would be good replacements for some of the older packs. Here are two I like

HQM Packs
    • Material Energy ^3
    Non-HQM
    • Mechanical Titan

That being said, BTP is fun, if still needing a lot of work to make it stable enough for full time server.

8. TimmySjimmy

TimmySjimmy Active Member

Local Time:
    When will it be reset, will there be an announcement in this thread?
    Would be awesome if we could keep our inventory, I'd really like to continue with the pack and it's future updates :)

9. Jdawg215

Jdawg215 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:40 AM
    According to mods and admin on the server, BookertheGeek's login is causing the whole server to shutdown, so hoping someone can fix that please

Not sure if it's still Booker, but he's able to log on now, but the server is still crashing, so idk

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  10. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The Tech pack I suggested would take you a long time to get anything done, if your looking for an easier pack that doesn't have GT I would suggest Dark Trilogy [1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [BETA] | Feed the Beast its easier then IntiTech but harder then bevo. and to the Reason why InfiTech has thaumcraft is because a mod that compatible with GT in 1.7 and adds a lot to the game including ways to add recipes. this is still the best 1.7 pack I have found hands down: [1.7.10] InfiTech 2 Modpack v1.1.4 [GregTech/Galacticraft hard-mode modpack] - Updated 9/27/2014 | Page 19 | Feed the Beast since a lot has gone into making it. NOTHING is easy to make. Every recipe that was OP has been altered.[DOUBLEPOST=1412130190,1412112724][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Where did you get the info Fusion is not working in GT5 (1.7). do you mean the new teir Quantum? He added a teir after fusion but its not 100% complete.

11. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Thankfully it got fixed. and F.Y.I. for everybody else.... don't die on top of an extra utilities conveyor block. It will crash a server when you log in. ;([DOUBLEPOST=1412226147,1412134046][/DOUBLEPOST]Bug Report for Bevo Tech Pack:

Eye's of Ender do not take you to strongholds, resulting in large difficulty in reaching the end.

12. Padson

Padson Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sure they do. Found a stronghold with that on the second try.
    On the first try, there wasn't a stronghold but on the second try there was.
    Just keep looking^^

13. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    ... If I said they are not their, then that is what I mean. Did you happen upon it, or did you follow the eye of ender? I would love for you to come on and show me how the Eye's are leading you to it. :)

Stronghold Generation:
    Locating Strongholds"
    Location #1: X:613 Z:-572
    Location #2: X:-300 Z:340
    Location #3: X:420 Z:1156

14. Padson

Padson Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    X:219 Y: 1298

Found that in the regular way, so with eye of ender.

15. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Thank you.

And while it may have worked before, Eyes of ender don't point their now. That is a problem if 1 month into a map new players can't find strongholds.

16. hansi132

Local Time:
    I did make a portal to one portal. Should be in spawn still

17. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Not at spawn any more. :(

18. hansi132

Local Time:
    oh :(

19. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I removed it as it is direclty in front of the spawn and too easy to get ender pearls at the start.

20. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Would it be able then to spawn in a portal at one (or three) of the locations that ender eyes go to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.