1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MYM Unable to fix MC Eternal N2

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Heavily_Modded, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Heavily_Modded

Heavily_Modded Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:37 AM
    MC Eternal N2 is very popular with up to 5-6 patrons on this node and hitting max # of players frequently. In addition there are frequently 2-3 server wide perks running with many lined up to keep them going. Hmm lets look at server status..yep its the most popular server node on MYM.

YET the lag, server crashes, and roll backs are frequent and pervasive. One would think with all of the player investment in this server MYM would step up with resources ........ NOPE! That's about $45 from me and $100's from other players down the drain!

It is apparent that MYM is unwilling or unable to invest in a popular server. So clearly MYM is not worth investing in. :(

shifty3000 likes this.
  2. JessTheGreat

JessTheGreat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That's going a bit far. However, the problems on Eternal Node 2 do seem to be pervasive. 3 crashes in 1/2 an hour this morning is a bit much. Don't know what the solution is though. Thank you all for the hard work in keeping it running.

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:37 PM
    I dont know if you're aware staff members are human beings, so it comes with WORK, social life, chores and many other things every human being do during their lifetime.

Dont expect 24/7 Ultra Super Duper Premium Support for Eternal just bc it have such attention.
    Also there are many other servers need maintenance too.

P.S.
    Multiplayer enviroment is complicated thing bc every player send/recieve data to/from server so every player playing can make dozen things that can cause problems

chaseB2, Kazeodori and JessTheGreat like this.
  4. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:37 AM
    I feel this is quite a large overreaction. I highly doubt the admins are negligent of the issues that plague this node, and i can assure you they are working hard to resolve these problems. I know this, because i know they're invested in this network; If you've spent any small amount of time around our admins, you'd know this. The problem here is the large workload, other responsibilities like LordEreh discussed and the relatively small admin team. Maintaining servers like these, especially eternal (being such a large and demanding modpack) is and will always be difficult.

Furthermore, donating to mym in the form of patron perks never was and will probably never be a guarantee of server performance, as you seem to imply. In case it wasn't clear, which i very much think is the problem here, patron and other forms of donation exist as a means to show appreciation for what you see.
    Patron will not give a higher class status, thus making us more "important" than other players. You being patron does not make the issue at hand more pressing. We are treated as equals compared to the rest of the player base. Remember, "donation" is the keyword here.

Lastly, i'm quite saddened by the way you phrased your post. It comes off as very passive-agressive, which i think is a shame and an insult to the people who work hard to keep all of our servers running. You would have made much more impact if you phrased your "rant" more passively. I don't usually sign off on posts, but this feels so official haha. Anyways-

Cheers!
    --Shizo

5. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Agreed, normally im also one for writing more aggressively than passively, but now its not me being the frustrated one, i can see how this can be perceived unfriendly. @Heavily_Modded you should keep in mind that all staff members with exception of SirWill and Slind, are volunteers. They get nothing for their work on the network. Nothing but appreciation from some and ungratefulness from others like you and me. I have recently come to realize i could also phrase my posts a lot friendlier and still achieve the same goal. Maybe you should try to do the same and not expect anything in return for your donations. Thats why its called a donation. Otherwise you would be buying/renting a service, but thats not the case here.

And yes, we patrons are not any better or more important than other non-paying members. We just have some perks like ingame commands or bonusses. It doesn't make us better than anyone else.

Thank you for reading, have a nice day.

6. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    5:37 AM
    Popular servers, will naturally experience more lag than the less popular just for the fact that more people are on, loading more chunks and entities. The more people on, and the more involved their bases are, the more impact on the server whole it will be. I know eternal has a few quests that are quite annoying in what they ask to submit, which will push some people to perhaps go overboard on their setups. That coupled with eternal being a 1.12 server which we still consider being experimental because they are more prone to issues.

We have 25 servers up and running, and all of them can and do have things come up with them, so we can't just spend all day every day on 1 server. Coupled with some issues simply require an admin to handle, which we only have a few of. If you, or anyone else wants to help out, we have applications open for staff.

I would also like to say, if something does go wrong, let us know. Message in support on discord or submit a ticket/post in support on the forum (our preferred methods) so that we are made aware of the issue, as well as the time, and possible locations of the issue so that when we have time to investigate we have a starting place to look at.

LunaBlossoms and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  7. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    The server is already running on the best hardware for single threading. We are continuously looking into performance issues and crashes and already did a lot of tweaks and fixes (see changelog). Unfortunately there is no magical fix like increasing the RAM and everything is fixed.

We were expecting stability and performance issues with this modpack because of the amount of mods and quests which require players to build more than usual which is why we opened a public and a patron only server.
    Unfortunately does no patron seem to want to play on node 1.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  8. Heavily_Modded

Local Time:
    = clarifies my message. You are all correct and thank you for your feedback. Please Please Please help this server. We are having a ball when it runs.

9. Heavily_Modded

Local Time:
    Thank you for all you do SirWill and staff!

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  10. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    6:37 AM
    Things that could help us is getting screenshots of who are online at the time when the server drops. I do believe I found a potential cause of issues on that server last night when I was doing my performance profiling. The problem is the memory profiling doesn't tell me where the blocks or items are.

LunaBlossoms and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.