1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bot Command to remember u to vote?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by ReiDaTecnologia, Sep 18, 2020.

1. ReiDaTecnologia

ReiDaTecnologia Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:28 PM
    I was thinking in ways to remember to vote and a bot could be useful for that imo
    U run a command like !VoteTimer and the bot would count 24H and ping u saying like "24 hours has passed! time to vote! Vote - MineYourMind 5.0"
    As the MyM discord server don't have a bot spam channel, the ping could be in the dms.

2. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:28 AM
    I love this idea!

Im going to bring it up with my fellow staff and see what they think and if its plausable. A suggestion id have is to have an option for maybe a 1 time reminder. Or a every 24hour type thing

LunaBlossoms and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  3. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    4:28 PM
    Hang on a sec, but there is already some kind of functionality like this is there not? There's an ingame setting where you can toggle the vote reminders on and off. Granted its not timed, but it will only popup unless you have voted, so when you see that, you know its been 24h at least.
    (if im wrong tell me).

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  4. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Ingame yes. The suggestion is to add it to the discord bot so people remember to login to vote

5. deepcage

Local Time:
    As long as we also get an option to turn it off or not turn it on in the first place, im in favor :D

LordEreh likes this.
  6. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Thats why i mentioned the thing above with usage of a command to enable it. To have a command to enable it. Would mean it would also need to disable

7. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Make it disabled by deafault pretty please, after adding "join/leave messages to server channels like party channels already have" bot which is worst addon ever I really dont want to blocking another bot...

8. deepcage

Local Time:
    Just making sure, because like on Po3K, with for example Tiquality. A player can /claim an area. However unclaiming, is only possible to admins. So its not always something thats possible both ways.

9. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    Just as a small aside, why do you think this a bad addition to the server channels? Isn't continuously !list-ing a little annoying?

10. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I prefer !list because I USE THIS COMMAND if i need/want it, bot works all the time so we have this little monstrocities
    [​IMG]
    If i wouldn't block the bot I would have tons of this useless and meaningless messagess all over the server channel - image now checking what happened on server while you have many of this messages?

And thats why I say this bot should be removed because imo it dont give any usefull informations and makes the trash over the channel if you dont block it, besides you can use !list... so why we need this bot anyway?

11. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I don't think there will be enough people who would use it that it would be worth to add.

This was added to be able to tell when a player can't see your message anymore because he disconnected. I can see this being annoying for people who want to read all messages on a server.

12. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Is it possible to add a function for users to disable it?

13. ReiDaTecnologia

ReiDaTecnologia Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:28 PM
    Ah that is pretty sad but ok. Guess I will continue to use Carl Bot from my private server.

14. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    No, because messages in channels are always visible to everyone who have access to the Discord channel.

15. Akago

Akago Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What about a function with the bot that private messages the user? That way the bot can do the job of reminding the user without spamming the public channels.

EDIT: Just saw that was part of the original post. To add to the idea, the bot could delete the command to activate the timer so the spam of activation doesn't cause trouble either. But that's only if SirWill sees a point to adding it. To complicate the idea more, if there's an optin notion that you only have to activate once and it tells you when its time to vote based on the status of the vote rather than a timer, it might be more useful. (Basically, in the same way the in game message tells you if you've voted today or not.)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020