1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Vanilla 1.18.2 Server Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Aidoneus, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    5:37 AM
    Hello Everyone!
    This thread is a collective thread with everyone's thoughts on what everyone would like to see or possibly see. Please post any suggestions below. I will update this main post with everything that has been suggested or has been denied stating reasons of course.

Admins and our Community Coordinators will look through all of everyone's suggestions

EDIT: Vanilla will be delayed, and likely released in summer with version 1.19

2. TheeForgotten

TheeForgotten Senior Moderator Build Team Booster

Local Time:
    7:37 AM
    couldn't hurt to have another PVP based side of vanilla

i think i remember that going off pretty well last time it was a thing

3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    4:37 AM
    Could be interesting to see Towny, if not just basic claims or Anarchy. And, if possible, that one plugin that makes us have skills, forget the name.

osirisgothra likes this.
  4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:37 PM
    @Aidoneus we will have same datapacks? Double shulker shells and respawnable shulker were nice also like sheeps said McMMO would be grate.

And... many will disagree but... can we have Veinminer too? Idk if it will work with mcmmo but i asked for it on my friends guild vanilla server and... everyone were so thankfull to me for suggesting it. No stone,sand netherrack mining, just ores and wood(so no more floating trees)

also, this
    450+ New Recipes, Stonecutter Damage (Sawblade [1.18x]) Minecraft Data Pack

5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I don't know for certain if data packs can be requested on clients the same way that resource packs can be on server connect. I'm no expert though, so it could be possible.
    As for Veinminer... it depends, I'd wager. I don't know how it's enabled on Vanilla servers, on account of it being a mod. This will remain to be seen.

6. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Vanilla 1.12 was using data packs just fine! Remember the double shulker shells or Dragon dropping elytra or that wood chopper hopper or concrete powder dropped into cauldron with water changing into concrete? It all were the data packs!

Also about veinminer - I assure you its data pack/addon that works also on BEDROCK! Yes, on vanilla server i play with friends(not as much as earlier) few of them were bedrock players and they could use it as we on PC, by default its press-shift while mining( but configurable IF you install it on your computer!)

Since MyM is kinda late for releasing vanilla why not spice it up a little by adding few data packs?

7. LordEreh

Local Time:
  8. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    Some simple ones, Hard mode from the start. This allows reliable villager conversion (100% rate of villagers turning to zombies)

Individual mob grief rules can be set up, so rather than blanket turning off mob griefing, it would be nice to limit it to creepers, and maybe endermen.

Data pack wise I will supply vanilla tweaks and for specific ones I think would be good are:

Unlock All Recipes (just easier for new people to craft newer items)
    Cauldron Concrete (dropping the concrete powder item into a cauldron with water will convert to concrete instead of placing the block in water)
    Custom Nether Portal (makes more interest builds possible with integrated nether portal)
    Player Head Drops (for if we have a PVP world)
    More Mob Heads
    Silenced Mobs
    Double Shulker Shells
    Dragon Drops
    Wandering Trades

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I'd say PVP with claims (And only being enabled in claims by command) would be neat. Also a PVP toggle.

10. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:37 AM
    Towny, (or equivalent) with pvp/raiding enabled.

Whatever MMO stats plugin is updated.

Stacked mob spanners

Enable tnt damage for raiding with tnt cannons.

Only disable enderman griefing.

Death = 24hr temp ban

BetaPetey likes this.
  11. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I'd imagine a 24h temp ban would be extremely infuriating, and would cause lots of people to stop playing...
    As for tnt cannons? The newer game mechanics break most common TNT cannon designs, and also there's risk of griefing things not meant to be destroyed. I dunno, it really all depends on exactly the type of gameplay we end up going with.

12. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I hate the idea of raiding and griefing especially since both are normally discouraged on the servers and besides I could see it backfiring and someone who's introduced to the network via the vanilla server might think it's allowed on all the servers

If raiding and griefing are allowed on the vanilla server I won't consider playing and I voted in favor of keeping the vanilla server

13. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    I think something similar to the last server would be neat, where there is an overworld that allows raiding and griefing, and one that doesn't.
    As for datapacks, I agree with all the ones that AoifeEnns put up.

14. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    6:37 AM
    I suppose some qol/server stability plugins as available other then that don't really mind whatever is used tbh

15. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Do we will also have the shop like previous one?

16. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    Oh, another thing. Like we have a permanent overworld and farmworld. Similar for the nether. With the nether biomes, nether bases, bartering farms etc are quite useful to have long term.

17. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    5:37 AM
    Can you be specific on which QOL plugins or what you might want something to do?
    We can if you want
    This would be easy to implement a toggle

18. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    We have the mcMMO plugin too. Adds skills, etc.

19. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Rather see another modpack sever than a vanilla one with plugins.

20. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    Everyone was asked to vote in The Week of MyM #89 on whether they would like to see Vanilla 1.18 or a new modpack. A new Vanilla 1.18 server received the most votes which is why it was decided to add this. Other new modpack servers are in the works though so be on the lookout for an announcement.