1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to create a ticket

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by Shizucc, May 21, 2016.

?

Would you go through the hastle of creating a ticket?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:48 AM
    Before we start
    I made this thread because a saw a suprising amount of players refusing to create tickets because they "didn't know how" or "didn't want to". I want this thread to encourage players to spend a few minutes filling in a ticket.

Also, special thanks to Draven_Luv for supplying me with information that i had otherwise gotten wrong.

§1 - The creation of a ticket

So, you encounter a problem and you need a helping hand from a staff member. Your best bet at getting that helping hand is making a ticket. It really isn't hard, just follow along with the screenshots and you should be fine.

Step 1 - Creating the ticket

Use the ''/ticket create" command to create your ticket. You'll be given a link, click it.

Screenshot - After creation of a ticket

Step 2 - Logging into your account

The login button will take you to the forums where you can either log in or create an account if you don't have one already.

Screenshot - After clicking on the link

Step 3 - Filling in the ticket

Click on the ticket in the *dashboard and start filling in information, this should be self explainatory.

Important: when filling in tickets remember to be as descriptive as possible, only type down facts and use English.

Screenshot - *Screenshot of the dashboard
    Screenshot - What a blank ticket looks like

Step 4 - Submit the ticket

Click on the orange "submit" button to submit your ticket.​

You have now successfully submitted a ticket, all you have to do now is wait.

§2 - Excuses players use to avoid submitting a ticket.

• Can you create a ticket for me?
    No, under absolutely no circumstances can i or anyone else create a ticket for you. You are having problems after all, not me or anyone else.

• I'd have to create an account
    Let's say you've been griefed. Creating an account takes a couple of minutes and is free. Now compare that to repairing that affected area. Creating an account is may seriously be worth your time.

• I'll just ask a staff member when he/she's online
    There is no one stopping you from doing this since staff will help in any way possible, but submitting a ticket allows for organization and keeps information in one place. For the sake of your own and the staffs sanity, please submit a ticket instead of confronting a staff member directly.

• It's not a big issue / the issue is easily resolved
    Let's say you've been griefed but you don't find it worthy of a ticket, the affected area is easily repaired and there were no valuable items lost. Even though you may not think much of it, you should still submit a ticket. The griefer is still out there and may grief you again or grief someone else. The rules are there for a reason and the ones who break them must be punished.

Your wannabe moderator,
    YoItsShizuko
    Thread V2

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  2. Shizucc

Local Time:
    Hmm, img 4 is down. It's time to fix already.[DOUBLEPOST=1463796031][/DOUBLEPOST]Done

3. Ash00182

Ash00182 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:48 PM
    I assume you mean filling/fill instead of filing/file, if so you spelt it wrong ^^

4. Shizucc

Local Time:
    I fixed the issues, thanks for pointing it out to me.[DOUBLEPOST=1463815441,1463812306][/DOUBLEPOST]Already had to link this thread once, seems like it's beginning to pay off.

5. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I thought it used to be in the round robin of messages that appear on the server?

6. Shizucc

Local Time:
    It still is yet i still see people asking how to create a ticket. I know, it's stupid but... Oh well, what can you do.

7. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Guigui_ likes this.
  8. Shizucc

Local Time:
    Ah, thank you for linking me it. If i have time i'll absorb any information i've missed into this thread. Thanks!

9. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:48 PM
    [​IMG]
    "I'll just ask a mod when they're online": You're not forbidden from doing this. We'll help in any way we can. If asking while someone is there helps then go ahead. However, if you are able to we will still ask to file a ticket as it helps us sort things out and document your case a lot better than not.

"But he/she is a good friend of mine": If this is the case then tell your friend to submit a ticket or forum post. If the problem has to do with something you're involved in as well like you're having claim issues, or been griefed, and you and your friend are both on the claim I do not see a reason to not submit a ticket.

Perhaps edit this post to be a bit more clear and less filled with spoilers. Bold your titles and then add in lists below to write the information. A lot more clean that a bunch of spoilers in quote fields.

As to your poll, why are you calling it a hassle? If you're wanting this thread to be encouraging to actually do create tickets and have people learn how to...why use such a word? It's honestly not a hassle, just takes you to sign up on our forums :p

Sandstroem likes this.
  10. Shizucc

Local Time:
    I reworked the thread but wasn't able to implement the screenshots yet. I've considered putting the screenshots together with the steps but then it would be difficult to see the rest of the thread and it just wont look as good. I've also considered putting the screenshots on the bottom of the thread and referring to them in the steps. Then i considered using links to open the screenshots in another tab. And then there is the old option of using spoilers. Let me know what you think of the thread now and how i should handle the screenshots.

11. Shizucc

Local Time:
    Well, this is it. Version 2 of this thread is done. TBH i'm glad i reworked this thread, ot looks so professional now.

12. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:48 PM
    Eh, the griefer could grief you again.

Shizucc likes this.
  13. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:48 PM
    Not if u report them and they get banned.

14. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:48 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to put this together =)

Shizucc likes this.
  15. Shizucc

Local Time:
    If it betters the community i'll be happy to do it :D

16. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Now if people don't know how/ want to make a ticket we can link them this!

17. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hello from the future!!

I think there should be a way to create a ticket if there is no way to log in, it could be taken advantage of by spammers so maybe just restrict it to verified users with a high enough playtime to save staff from getting spammed with people who just bought their computer and don't know how to even play Minecraft yet. A shield, so to speak. It would be nice in those cases when you have a problem that prevents you from logging in to a certain server or lobby and not have to go and hunt down staff in discord. It's just an offhand idea, feel free to ignore it -- Maybe the staff prefers discord support channels, there are those cases out there where it could mitigate the pestering.

osirisgothra

18. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    If you can’t get in game to create a ticket you can always create a post in the support forums about whatever issue you’re having.

19. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:48 PM
    Sometimes we are even able to help you based on what someone says in Discord.