1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haunted house submissions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dubhnoir, Oct 1, 2022.

1. dubhnoir

dubhnoir Community Coordinator

Local Time:
    11:00 AM
    [​IMG]
    Here you can post your entry to the haunted house build contest! Just submit a picture underneath in the comments for others to see. Good luck!

Halloween haunted house contest:
    In this event, you are to build the best haunted house that you can! This event will be judged by everyone, meaning that both staff and players can compete. Players can build their haunted house on any of our servers and take screenshots and post them here.

Rewards:
    • Each participant will receive an achievement for taking part.
    • Winners will get: (if multiple builders, you decide how to split the reward, no splitting patron)
      1st Place: Patron3(30d) and 1000 Credits
      2nd Place: Patron2(30d) and 800 Credits
      3rd Place: Patron1(30d) and 600 Credits
    Rules:
    • Build MUST be family-friendly.
    • The theme for this build is Haunted house.
    • Must be built on one of our servers.
    • Must be your own creation (if done in a group, please give us the names of all the group).
    • One entry per player.
    • Entry is only valid when images are posted to the appropriate forum.
    • Submission is only accepted from NOW until Monday, October 31st.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    SovereignEternal and AoifeEnns like this.
  2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:00 PM
    oh WoW...

Soooooooooooooooo many participants!

Maybe there would be more if we could post our builds not ONLY built on MyM servers....

3. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    3:00 AM
    Ereh, please don't be sarcastic.

As for submitting builds from non MYM servers, we are not going to remove that requirement.

4. LordEreh

Local Time:
    AoifeEnns, please let me be sarcastic. It's only thing thats left for me to defend against this cruel world around us.

As for staff decisions on MyM, I cant do nothing else but must to go along with with them, because I am not in any power here.
    Just dont expect "some" of you decision decisions wont be well received by everyone. Especially from the number one MyM staff critic.

When you make your artworks you use stuff you feel good with, right? No one force you to use MS Paint, doesnt it?
    Why you take away possibility for us to share our builds just because they are not made on server? I play mostly Terraria now, I use special program to "paint" rough shape of structures, add non craftable walls, place stuff you cant place without 3rd party program. Once as moderator on other server we had with friends I used WorldEdit and other program to make custom islands/montains for us to build on.
    Fine, dont remove requirement of build made only on your servers, just dont be suprised theres no single entry like right now.
    If build was not made on MyM server why not give "special" prize like 500 tokens only without patron, maybe that way you could get in touch with talented builders out there?

I can understand your argument about "people could visit my build on server", but there are so many player that shall take time and instal a new modpack just to visit some build instead playing the modpack they playing right now? Yea... I dont think so. If MyM was big like 5+ years ago I could agree with that or if I played on some more popular servers but reality is quite opposite. Atm I am writing this theres 32 players on all MyM servers. ON ALL OF THEM. I member times when theres 32 + few patrons on fresh added server, that people need to "fight" for a place in it in queue.

You dont even need to respond to this. I have my PoV, you have yours. I wish our CC here was more active and respond herself.

5. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    I just ask that you be more respectful of staff members, sarcasm doesn't do anything good.

For personal art, no, I can pick the medium of my choice, but for art contests, you quite often get specified the medium to use for the submissions. For this, we choose Minecraft and our servers as the medium for the builds. It's not unusual for contests done within communities to have everything done within the community.

The number of people has no bearing on the rules we set. We set them in place for how to follow, and yes a big part of it is to allow others the opportunity to come and view a build. The contest flopped, and that's fine, we've tried to run a few contests, but it looks more that people just aren't interested in them, so we will focus on other things rather than wasting time on future contests.

SovereignEternal likes this.
  6. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Well i member previous CC's made some surveys in the past.

Does no one read that? No conclusion was made back then? Maybe its time for new one? Times and world changed a little, playerbase too.

7. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    We will probably see if an event should be done in the new year, and we will work on it then. However, if we do any future build contests, they will have similar rules and must be built on an MYM server.

8. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    tbh, i'm not too surprised. i think half the modpacks on the network are grindfests, where crafting decorational blocks a tedious and/or slow automation grind, and even the builders wand is locked really lategame in some packs.
    and as ereh said, many of us don't really feel like starting new in a kitchensink pack, just for the sake of 1 building.

maybe it would be more attractive to players if we get a dedicated creative mode server for contests like this

though tbh, even then i personally most likely wouldn't join anyway, as i'm not a creative person. the only times i build anything that doesn't look like a villager house, is when i rip off things made by others