1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sevtech: Ages of the Sky Server Launch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HanoverFist69, Nov 4, 2022.

1. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:48 AM
    [​IMG]

Server Address
    sevsky.mym.li or sevsky.mineyourmind.net
    Curseforge Launcher - MYM Launcher
    Pack Version: 3.2.3

Node 1 Launch Time
    Patron Tier 3: Fri, Nov 4th 9am CET
    Patron Tier 2: Sat, Nov 5th 9am CET
    Everyone: Sun, Nov 6th 9am CET

Timezone Converter

Pack Description

SevTech, but now in Skyblock!

SevTech: Ages is a massive modpack packed with content and progression. This pack focuses on providing the player a long-term progression experience with purpose. SevTech introduces a number of mechanics never before done such as: hiding ore until unlocked, dynamically hidden items and recipes based on progress, new mobs appear as you progress further, and much more! The modpack uses the vanilla advancement system to guide the player along while still allowing an open, sandbox experience. As you progress through the hundreds of custom advancements you will unlock new "ages" which will show you new mods to work through.

SevTech aims to introduce many mods not frequently used while altering some more widely known mods. The pack also features a ton of custom mods for the best player experience.

You'll start your first world with nothing. No map or HWYLA and only a handful of items and recipes. As you progress, you will unlock those features, thousands of items and blocks, and much more. Your goal is to follow through the advancement system from the stone age all the way into space!

Every feature in SevTech: Ages can be done in Multiplayer, too! Every progression point is player based and not server-based. This means you can play on a large server and not be left behind if you start after everyone else. The pack also provides the mod "Together Forever" to let players form teams and sync progression.
    Skyblock Info

This pack does NOT use the Skyclaims plugin. The world actually has numerous islands already populating it. So, things will actually work like they do in a non-skyblock world: simply /rtp around until you find a place you like and place a Claim.
    Warnings/Notes

As this pack is a 1.12 server, this pack is still highly experimental.​

2. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:48 PM
    Let me be the first to say, yay!

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:48 PM
    Everytime i forgot what tier of patron I am so i must post something

EDIT.
    Ok, I am elightened by knowledge.
    Also... If i give some1 my patron friendpass, that person can also enter such server before every1? Or this works only for patron only servers?

4. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ey yo! a non-patreon exclusive server, i can scarcely believe it

SovereignEternal likes this.
  5. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:48 AM
    Well I guess I'll take a look

6. osirisgothra

Local Time:
    I think the reason nobody comes on this one as much as other past debuting servers (multiblock, antimatter, etc), is the fact that you can't really share items with new players, nor does paying for items via credits really seem to be beneficial here (at least it doesn't appear to be). I can't see anything other than /fly or /craft being much help on this one. Sure, that's great for challenge, but I'm just thinking about the server being able to make some money.

I don't think having /god is a big deal here because even the mobs are gated so you don't get killed outright easily. And with twilight forest I bet /fly is nerfed anyway. Even the server's initial items are dropped until stage 1 or 2, I think.

PS: (dont look if you want to figure these out for yourself)
    Anyone with the dropping of server items from the start can follow this; get to stage 0 and make a beginner hopper and chest (wood ones) and "drop" your unidentifiable items on it. They will be sucked into the chest at least until you can use them. Same goes for any shared or found items in the world. I came across floating items in the farm world that will be useful later but at least i could drop them into my hopper until then. Hope that helps some newcomers. Use /rtp farmworld to get a random teleport into the farmworld, from the regular overworld. Really helps out in the beginning. Also, kilns give experience for any item even if it can't be cooked--though you do still have to wait the required time limit for this so you can't exploit it but helps in situations where you need a little xp.

7. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i dissagree on that. i'm constantly getting killed, to the point where i'm even considering abandoning the pack. if i cannot even get the stupid key to the between dimension without repeatedly dying, how am i supposed to survive inside the actual dimension?

8. osirisgothra

Local Time:
    I guess what I meant to say was as far as I know, didn't get too far yet -- narrator has been bugged on sevsky for me lately (won't go into details it's kinda complicated), and I haven't felt like digging into fixing it, so yeah...