Info Divine Journey 2 and Project Ozone 3 Mythic Server Reset

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BetaPetey, May 9, 2024.

1. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    10:35 PM
    After some consideration, we've decided to reset both the Divine Journey 2 and Project Ozone 3 Mythic servers. Neither server has ever been reset, and they have been operational for over two years.

The server resets will occur on the following date:
    • Project Ozone 3 Mythic: 5/17
    Update:
    We appreciate everyone's feedback regarding the potential reset of the Divine Journey 2 server. Based on the responses on this post, we've decided not to proceed with the reset. Although the poll indicated a majority in favor of a reset, the majority of active players prefer to keep the current progress. Therefore, we've chosen to maintain the current state of the server. Thank you for your understanding and patience!

If you wish to transfer your playerdata for the Project Ozone 3 Mythic server reset. Please make a ticket on the day of the reset and we'll transfer it over.

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    PrimalGenius, ominii and mrminesheeps like this.
  2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    7:35 PM
    Are there any plans for PO3 specifically? Different world gen perhaps, enabled market, etc.?

3. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    The plan currently is to just reset the world. You can make a suggestion about adding a market or other changes and we can discuss it.

Suggestions and Feedback | MineYourMind Community

mrminesheeps likes this.
  4. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Lady_of_the_Lake likes this.
  5. vicoM56

vicoM56 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:35 AM
    As a player, I've been spending many hours trying to reach the end of the quests of DJ2.
    It's a journey I'm enjoying but I sadly would not be ready to start from scratch again.

Does a reset mean I'm going to lose all the advancements (the quests, items or base) that I've worked hard on ?

PS : Currently playing in the void dimension.

Best,
    Victor

Last edited: May 10, 2024
  6. BetaPetey

Local Time:

Yes, everything will be lost. If you create a ticket, we can provide you a world download of your base with your playerdata if you wish to continue in singleplayer.

7. vicoM56

vicoM56 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for the offer to download the world.

It's really saddening to hear about the reset

Sorry to trouble you again, @BetaPetey, but I’m having a hard time understanding the reasons behind this decision. Could you help me understand why this approach is seen as advantageous, particularly given the dedication and loyalty of the MYM community on DJ2 ? Our trust in the stability and longevity of MYM has always been a key reason for our commitment. We’ve cherished the belief that we could reach the end of the modpack without facing such a reset. These values have been upheld so well until now, what has changed ?

Would it be possible to consider a less drastic solution ?

Yours truly,
    Victor

8. PrimalGenius

PrimalGenius Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:35 PM

This is my opinion only and i have no clue on what staffs is just wanted to say that to start.
    But recently servers have needed to be shut down due to low pop and needing their resources and going forward this will likely become more of a thing. If a server is not getting populated much like alot of the older dedicated ones i see only 2 options let it play out and get removed because were not increasing its population. Option 2 do a relaunch of it allowing the potential to really drive up a new player base for it and allow it to potentially flourish and increase player counts to the point its not at risk. No one wants to see their hard work go away but mym has to look out for what's best for the community even if its not a popular choice.

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    To these points, it *could* be possible to do inventory transfers, but that's something you'd need to make a ticket for. It's possible, but I can't guarantee it.

10. ABadHaiku_

ABadHaiku_ Developer Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Divine Journey 2 is a pack that can take multiple years to complete; I personally have been working on it off and on for two. If the server were to reset, there's no chance I would be willing to start from scratch.

What is the reasoning behind the decision to reset DJ2? There's no economy that's been devastated by end-game players, the world isn't torn apart, the TPS is good, and people are still able to start just as easily as when the server was new. Resetting the server would only make it so players who have already started never come back, and instead finish out their games in singleplayer. Unlike with your standard "kitchen sink" pack, a reset would only be detrimental to the network.

ominii, Canarack and vicoM56 like this.
  11. bmmajor20

bmmajor20 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    I agree with ABadHaiku here, apart from that, the server is still pretty active, sometimes peaking at 9 or 10/18 possible players (which is not bad at all imho)

I would kindly ask you guys to reconsider (I can personally only speak for DJ2, no idea of PO3M is in the same boat here) the reset, but in the end it is your call...
    If it happens to get reset I will indeed make a ticket for the world download, and that potential inventory transfer *if* that happens to be possible... Starting again from scratch will heavily demotivate me, but I might still try it, but I do see what Haiku said being to case to multiple people...

Anyways, guess I'll leave it at that for now

Kind regards,
    bmmajor20

ominii, Canarack and vicoM56 like this.
  12. Canarack

Canarack Active Member

Local Time:
    This feels a bit like getting punched in the gut.

I've been working on DJ2 here with a friend of mine for a month or two now. We had previously played on another server a year or two ago, but wanted a fresh start here at MYM. If the world resets, we will not restart again here, and we may just give up on the pack entirely.

Please reconsider this reset. If you do not change your minds, thank you for offering the option to download the world before it's gone.

vicoM56 likes this.
  13. OTP_Marmelade

OTP_Marmelade Member

Local Time:
    Hi, i just start PO3, and the twitlight portal dont want to spaw, everything is good, but didnt work, i check some tuto, and why the serveur will reset ?

14. OTP_Marmelade

OTP_Marmelade Member

Local Time:
    If i can get a transfter inventorie, i screan every chest and things on the skybase

15. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    What does reset the world mean? Will you generate a new one or just reset the old one?

16. diamondwannes

diamondwannes Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I think the consensus with all active DJ2 players is that a reset of the world will just kill everyone's mood for the pack resulting in most people quitting the server.

17. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    Just to provide an update to this we're still discussing on what to do. Aido has been pretty busy lately due to work so I'm waiting to see what his thoughts are on not resetting the server. Until then we're going to hold off on resetting DJ2. If anything changes I'll make a post here again.

ABadHaiku_ and Canarack like this.
  18. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    I've added a poll on Discord for if you want Divine Journey 2 to be reset. Please make sure to vote so that everyone can have their opinion heard!

19. ABadHaiku_

ABadHaiku_ Developer Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    I'm not sure if that's a very good indication, since many people replying to the poll likely have not played DJ2 nor plan to. There should be a "have no opinion" option at the very least, as otherwise the default option for most is "yes".

bmmajor20 and vicoM56 like this.
  20. Lady_of_the_Lake

Lady_of_the_Lake Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I agree on this with ABadHaiku; my first thought on reading the poll was: im missing the third"no opinion" option