Donator Server - The Dark Trilogy

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Stuartdavidevett, Dec 22, 2014.

?

Who wants a system similar to monster?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuartdavidevett

Stuartdavidevett Afro guy

Local Time:
    4:28 AM
    I know there is already alot of donators wanting a donator server for the dark trilogy, some have reservations because they won't to be able to play with their non donor friends, to clarify, you won't be forced onto the donator server if you are a donator. This is a thread to discuss ideas on it. I myself would like to have a system similar to the monster

2. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:28 PM
    What is the end goal of the split?

3. Notizbuch

Notizbuch Owner of a Death Note

Local Time:
    5:28 AM
    better server performance, to play with the current tps is a pain.

I like the idea of a donator server, if there is better tps.
    Many people complain about that would split the community, but we can combine the chat (like Monster).

4. Stuartdavidevett

Local Time:
    Exactly, there would be no split in the community, just different places of living almost, there can even be portals go back and forth :)[DOUBLEPOST=1419281143,1419281047][/DOUBLEPOST]It benefits everyone, non donators get better tps, donators get more value for what they spend, creating a further incentive for people to donate anyways. Its a positive through and through

5. Ony_x

Ony_x Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I support this idea. Whatever makes TDT run smoother.

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    To throw in another idea I had.
    As the living entities are responsible for 60-80% according to opis, I think it is more at about 40-60% of the resources I thought about disabling them completely on the main server and setup a farm server with linked inventories. Heavy worlds like the twilight forest could also be only accessible on the farmworld server to remove the strain from these worlds, too.
    I know that "no" entities is taking a lot of stuff but considering the possible improvement on a non rpg/exploration pack it could be worth it.

Please discuss about this topic and bring in further ideas. Another server won't happen before and during the Christmas days.

7. LucidTheStick

Local Time:
    That is a great idea IMHO. However we need an entity world with claims as well for things like Blood Magic and other things that require persistent mobs. I think this is a great idea and fleshed out a bit would work really well.

8. Stuartdavidevett

Local Time:
    I really like the idea also, the donator server is definitely just a side note compared to this, I don't think anyone minds if the donator server is implemented at a later date, but this idea should have priority since I think it would fix more than having another server for donators.

9. Notizbuch

Notizbuch Owner of a Death Note

Local Time:
    Another question, why take living entities on 1.7.10 modpacks so much server performance? On 1.6.4 modpacks we had not these problems.

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    really good question, which I ask my self for a couple of weeks now^^

11. hansi132

hansi132 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I dont like the idea of a donor server. It wouldnt be that many people on it because most of the donors are in team with other non donors. Like me and the team i am in, we are around 10 or so people and atleast 3-5 of us are donors so we would have to live on the non donor server. And that makes the point of an donor server useless since many donors wont live there.

12. Argonath1337

Argonath1337 New Member

Local Time:
    I agree with hansi, I wouldn't move to the donator server either, I'd stick on the current server to play with my team.

13. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    We could just disable the normal mob spawning and you still can spawn mobs with blood magic and maybe clear all mobs in the world every hour.

14. Argonath1337

Argonath1337 New Member

Local Time:
    I suppose that is a good idea.

15. Stuartdavidevett

Local Time:
    I've tallied donors that would probably live, its roughly around 10 donors that would prefer the move due to the lack of a good tps, but since you have a plan slind which seems like it would work, it doesn't seem necessary for the server, Im sure time will tell :)

16. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I guess we disable them for a day to verify the performance difference and go from there.

17. Stuartdavidevett

Local Time:
    Alright, when you going to disable them?

18. LucidTheStick

Local Time:
    I more of meant for example witches that power a ritual that powers your LP network. I know a few players who have them going constantly now, where we could move that to a separate world. Just my thoughts.

19. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    We could do it right away, with the next restart.

20. hansi132

hansi132 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would maybe have it so mobs cant spawn but you can spawn them from eggs/spawners. So people can use their mob farms, but it wont be like 400 sheeps on the server

SilentBane and Lawmonark like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.