The Dark Trilogy 1.0.5 instability and performance like DW20

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Slind, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:21 AM
    Hey,

unfortunately did the latest Dark Trilogy update bring with it quite some instability and the performance issue of direwolf. Entities spawn on mass and their update time is high as hell.

Here are the crashes as reference:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...2b869cb8e440869025748be108f095c/gistfile1.txt
    (corrupted block in one of the chunks, causing a stack overflow on chunkload no idea where and which block)

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...37d006b28cbbaeb3f9d26f52ac0b645/gistfile1.txt worldgen
    (world generation issue (the extra farmworld), will move it to another server and fully generate before applying)

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...94dbf710cd4361c47021c11cb8b3ed4/gistfile1.txt worldgen
    (same as above caused by worldgen)

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...f9a98052de46efbc4a3a4d5bfd2ce97/gistfile1.txt patched
    (forestry chest, I don't know it so I don't know if it is only this one chest, all of them and if they are world generated)

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...319eb055316e43f82aff66a68b9c0ff/gistfile1.txt
    (a crash without useful information)

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...aace21c432b402daa2ecc9b2e18ebca/gistfile1.txt specific block found and removed
    (in 1.6.4 I would have said id conflict, no idea how the blocks metadata corrupted)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    8:21 PM
    Sad news but let see if they come out with a fix for this

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Can anyone tell me if the forestry chest in world generated? (Naturalist Chest)

4. SilentStar

SilentStar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yes, 2 crashes with the forestry crashes. I know about them, because a player reported them to me and he also made a ticket about it. It got solved by another staff member. The forestry chests are not in world generated you have to make them. People were thinking all the crashes are from it, so i was looking into it and i saw just this guy i was talking about, opening it 2 times before a crash. but no, it should be not a naturally generated one. Its a chest to store all the bees, or forestry saplings or stuff like that. The chest itself is different, because it has more like pages.

5. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yes, like Silent says, the chests in forestry has to be made.
    I'm not really sure, but it might be an NBT data corruption/overflow from these chests, as most bees/trees/flowers/butterflies do not stack, due to different dna, and there are 125 available slots per chest.

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    already patched ;)

CommonExplosion likes this.
  7. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    11:21 PM
    if it's entities causing the problem i'm sorry, i need mobessence xD

8. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    xp drain-> OB tank->shower->Sewer->tank = Mobessence.
    No need for mobs when you can use xp, and especially essence berries. Not automated, but works rather good

9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    i want them for the enchants from their drops aswell, i also have an elderitch gaurdian farm inside of it, you have no idea how large my farm is btw

10. AeternalisMage

AeternalisMage New Member

Local Time:
    10:21 PM
    Does this instability relate to the fact of block and machine lag? example my smeltery taking a good 5 minutes to fill a casting basin?

11. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    Well, if you truly do need hostiles, maybe it'll be like on DW20 atm. After restarts there, hostiles are enabled for 10-30 min.
    Mobdrops can be gotten with Peaceful tables, though only vanilla from what I know.
    But the server has to come first. If needed, it may be set to peaceful, depending on what options exists for this.

12. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    it actually isn't that bad at my base, my grinder kills them quite fast[DOUBLEPOST=1419095765,1419089964][/DOUBLEPOST]need help finding performance issues? why not use the monster steriotype? ( V ) ( ; , , ; ) ( V )

13. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @Slind14

I know we tested Ender Zoo but on this pack... it got enabled in the pack but its still disabled on the server
    The Dark Trilogy 1.0.5 - Public Modpack Listings - Feed The Beast

It is very odd that the same time TDT starts to get Entity lag is the same time its enabled in the pack. Just like on DW20.
    Its still not enabled on the server yet. But i wonder if it changes anything in the pack even while its disabled.
    I said it before but this mod changes the way mobs track players.

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    SirWilli did some testing yesterday. 0 mods compared to the dark trilogy pack. the difference is about 20-30% + 20-30% coming from cauldron and + 10-20% in the newer forge versions compared to the old 1.7 versions. So it seems like it is all mixing up.
    Also the performance between vanilla minecraft 1.6 and 1.7 seems to be around 20-40%.
    All these values tend to be highly inaccurate as we don't have a way to build a proper testing environment.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  15. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
  16. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    :asshat:

My bad, i forgot i enabled it on my FTB launcher 1.0.0 version when Tfox said he would switch it 1.0.1. Guess he never did. Its in the pack just not enabled.[DOUBLEPOST=1419362537,1419361375][/DOUBLEPOST]Omg... not sure why i haven't thought of this or remembered.
    Hats mod.
    I remember reports of this mod causing lag. On an old DW20 server this actually fix the issues.
    I know this mod is in both DW20 and TDT
    It renders hats on the mobs. Not sure exactly how it does it but might be whats making the mobs use more "power"
    Maybe try to disable this mod for a while, see if it changes anything

Question: Is this mob lag only on these two servers? are all other 1.7.10 packs fine? i can see if i can look at all the mods and see what was added when this all started

Also EnderIO added a config to remove Squidspawn. i forgot the exact reason but it had to do with preformance, i will see if i can find the video i watched that expained this.

17. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    when was the last time you saw a squid, slime or bird? :D We did disable them weeks ago, they spawned on mass. 1 Sheep = 2-3 Squids. Same with birds. I did even write a forge mod for it as bukkit tools like worldguard, worldedit, essentials... didn't work -> throwing array index out of bounds exceptions.
    It is interesting how we get to the same ideas over and over at around the same time. SirWilli asked me around 2-3 hours ago, if we can remove the hats mod for testing.
    The little bit I can say from comparing snapshots between b-team and trilogy. The hats mod is at about 4-8% on bteam and around 0.6-3% on trilogy.
    I wouldn't expect a noticeable performance boost when removing it but we can try. In end there is nothing so extreme to pinpoint all fingers at one place.

Lawmonark likes this.
  18. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    um, i need too look. could have sworn i been killing squid for ink sacks[DOUBLEPOST=1419364397,1419363623][/DOUBLEPOST]when i was in single player testing the spawn rates. they were INSANE.

i was using /xu_killall , /xu_killliving , /cofh_Killall ...ect
    On the server it seems these commands are Unknown, i typed them to see if it was a permission thing...ect.
    But they all seemed unknown.
    When there are a lot of people on maybe run all the /xu ones.
    There are a few.
    /xu_killall
    /xu_killliving
    /xu_killitems
    /xu_killxp

19. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    the cofh command is without the underscore the xu are probably from the admin commands mod or something similar which we removed as we don't have a need for it.

we have a aperf port, entitycontrol (custom) and opis on the server for this purpose from the forge mod side.

20. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    interesting, im using them on with the MyM launcher in single player[DOUBLEPOST=1419364680,1419364568][/DOUBLEPOST]Also im looking at a squid right now on TDT server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.