The Dark Trilogy 1.0.5 instability and performance like DW20

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Slind, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    1:16 AM
    no /heal either[DOUBLEPOST=1419473873,1419473553][/DOUBLEPOST]you also have to complete the t6 altar, no godmode either, do this as if you guys were non donors :p cuz otherwise it's OP

2. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    12:16 AM
    So.. as non-donor and non-admin/mod?

Are you and the other player a donor?

I am fine with doing this as a normal non-staff/donor. If @Administrator or @Founder would be willing to set up a region with mobs turned off for this ... experiment, I am sure that we will be victorious!

• No mob spawns in region
    • No donor perks
    • No staff commands
    • Would we be able to use the peacefull table?
    • From login to completed tier 6 blood orb in under 24 hours.
    • Just the two of us working on this, myself and @__Tiny__.

TinySmalls likes this.
  3. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:16 AM
    How are you going to spawn an elemental for the demon bloodshard if in peaceful?

4. SilentStar

SilentStar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hm... the mobs are turned off on tdt atm.

5. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Good question... I'll ask WayOfTime how we would go about this... #itsgoodtoknowmodders #MasterBloodMage

6. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    That would only work if WayOfTime manages to update the mod, and TDT is updated again, before you do this challenge, as I do not believe a peaceful solution already exists for BM. Might be wrong and he's hidden a few lines of code somewhere[DOUBLEPOST=1419476603,1419476504][/DOUBLEPOST]
    All mobs are turned off for 24h on DW20, and I see tps at a constant 20, ranging from 4 to 14 players online at the time when I do the /cofh tps

7. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    I'll see if he can write a little server side only script for this challenge. As it is Xmas eve, I doubt I'll be able to start this challenge until tomorrow night. I also need to talk to tiny to make sure the time works with him. But I'll start this challenge Friday night around 6pm PST. (West coast time)

8. TinySmalls

TinySmalls Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    BookerTheGeek likes this.
  9. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Talking to one of the main helpers for blood magic ....
    If somebody could test and see if the peacefull table will aquire week blood shards when used with a bound blade?[DOUBLEPOST=1419485419,1419484687][/DOUBLEPOST]@eAndPi is it in peacefull or are natural mob spawning turned off?

10. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    peaceful tables do get blood shards in peacefull ^_^ Had bound in a table in the end, and got ~1k in my ME now

Right now, all mob spawns are turned off in DW20 for a 24h trial

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  11. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:16 PM
    So a major problem you guys were mentioning was Witches, since they were being used to fuel blood altars, right? As far as I'm aware, that can only be done through the Well of Suffering, which has a big ol' blacklist at the bottom of AWWayofTime.cfg. If you want to make it so that Witches can't fuel the altar so easily, just set them to true on that blacklist, and suddenly people will find the only way to get LP from them is if they sacrifice them, which kills them instantly, no chance for them to heal.

12. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Idk anything about blood magic, but wouldn't a smeltery full of witches, and a beacon with regen keep em alive and giving blood?

13. AlexisRoger

AlexisRoger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:16 AM
    Mod adding Regen buff? Botania: amulet with installed regen flask, mana source (lazy man version ring of aura+ring of mana cheap version mana tablet+any source of mana). permanent regen 2.

P.S. wouldnt skeleton/zombie+graveyard soil work?

14. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    The blood gotten from a smeltery is not the same as that gotten from an altar. I know LP (from an altar) can be converted to TiCon blood if pumped into a smeltery, but as far as I know, the reverse cannot be done, making it a waste of time and blood

15. AlexisRoger

Local Time:
    Also, I'm more frustrated with the inability to have any blocks placed automaticly. Autonomous activator, SFM block gate, and OB block placer don't work in or near a claim. Only one that does (alledgedly) is a MFR placer, and it spoils a high tech. machine free themed home if I have to set that up.

And yes I know all about /trust [CoFH] and Fake... blah blah...-001, they do nothing for the problem. So no placing a smooth stone or logs for living stone and wood production. I've had to stop playing until this if fixed. Botania manual for everything takes too long. I only had a few hours a day after my 12 hr work shifts to play.

16. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    Try using a wand of equal trade in the meantime, till this problem is solved. I know that it isnt manual, but at least you dont have to mine each block by hand

17. AlexisRoger

Local Time:
    Breaking them is not an issue, as the SFM gate does that correctly, its just placing them. Having to stop what I'm doing every few minutes, run back, and place more stone is what's getting real old, real fast. I even tried a smooth stone row piston generator, but aparently the Stone made from lava on top of water isnt the same as smooth stone placed by hand as far as Pure daisies are concerned. *sob*

18. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    actually it doesn't kill the things instantly, i tested this

19. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Try flesh golems. i heard they are amazing since they have natural regen

20. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:16 PM
    A witch inside of a smeltery can give constant blood, yes (I believe it's only 5 mb per "hit," unless they die, though), but the witches won't be throwing potions that cause lag.
    What? Then exactly how much damage does the dagger do to a mob that is allowed to be sacrificed? It only seems to do 1 heart damage to baby critters, but all of the standard ones die immediately, it seems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.