D.I.E.(An MyM Original)

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by SilentBane, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Tsiniloiv

Tsiniloiv New Member

Local Time:
    3:22 AM
    Fair enough. Figured I'd ask just in case. o3o

2. GhostRiderrr

GhostRiderrr Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:22 PM
    I'm still getting disconnected on joining the server.

3. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:22 PM
    :( Ouchie[DOUBLEPOST=1419390391,1419390253][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Was watching console when you logged in just now, it is what I solved earlier today but because it's not loading when I get rid of the entity causing it, it's not counting. I'll try to sneak load him and kill him, gimme a few

4. GhostRiderrr

GhostRiderrr Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ok, cool. Thanks!

5. skraginator

skraginator Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Any eta on that maintenance mode?

6. cbrozak

Local Time:
    It's done, I did all I could before going last resort, but I have to remove your home :( You will be happy to know that issue will not happen again, it was a potion being thrown that didn't exist and it isn't possible anymore. I'll build you a new home in it's place, you are free to log back on now

7. skraginator

Local Time:
    Thanks for your help last night cbrozak, you didn't have to go through that much trouble but its appreciated.

These guys are working hard on getting this pack rounded out, give them some thanks when you can.[DOUBLEPOST=1419684580,1419402515][/DOUBLEPOST]So I made a nether portal, went through and it just put me inside a wall somewhere so I suffocated and died and when I respawned I was at 50 hp and all of my nutrition and hydration was set to zero. I had to eat and eat and eat for my hunger bar to start staying filled up then I was finally able to become full but im still at 50 hp and have to build my nutrition back up slowly. I lost some gear but stashed the important stuff in a chest in case something like this would happen. Is it because I built the portal too high? around 150, or is the nether not set up for TFC yet?[DOUBLEPOST=1419684745][/DOUBLEPOST]oh.. and armor stands just disappear with all the armor on them after reboots :( lost a full set of copper and another 2 pieces that were on another. So.. dont make armor stands.

cbrozak and SilentBane like this.
  8. cbrozak

Local Time:
    The nether is the farm world, there is no nether nether, unfortunately with the farm world it does also reset your nutrition since they don't sync right. That entire time you have been playing in the overworld you have been losing your nutrition in the farm world. We have been unable to come up with a solution for the issues so we are considering just disabling it for next update. The portals we tested quite a bit and found it worked great, it's odd yours isn't, again though, with the next update it will most likely be disabled.

The armor stand is an entity so when it unloads it disappears. The next TFC update did some work on the entity which could solve it, but no guarantees.

9. skraginator

Local Time:
    So theres a farm world? Is there a different way to get there besides netherportal/suffocating repeatedly or does it warp you to a mirror world with the same seed so that if you build it underground you warp into solid stone? Also I still can't see any way to get to electrical age since you need to be able to smelt to get the furnace that can smelt. I don't see any other ways to get vanilla smelting ability unless balanced exchange can do it with the amulet or something. I'm at the point where I can progress to make a blast furnace but don't see any reason to if I can't progress past it. Also some of the progressive automation machines use vanilla furnaces in their recipes.

10. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:22 PM
    If you throw stuff into a fire and pick them up right away, I believe they end up smelted without being destroyed... It's difficult to pick it up quick enough though.

11. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Infernal furnace is the intended direction to go.

12. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    Doesn't that require iron bars? If you can't create a furnace, how are you supposed to make them, or even get ahold of the obsidian for it?

13. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Obsidian can be mined? Iron bars can be looted or made, we wouldn't create an intended direction without testing it first...

14. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    I need to take a look at this modpack and see how this stuff is done.

15. skraginator

Local Time:
    the obsidian and iron bars are easy its the netherbricks that you can't get that would bother me, unless the recipe is changed. Dunno since the thaumometer recipe is ridiculous, and you need vanilla planks to make the research table and I'm not seeing any way to make them yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1419827929,1419736182][/DOUBLEPOST]So recently when people have been logging off, me included. Our characters stay there until they get swarmed and killed by a ridiculous number of mobs so when you log back in you're dead. Is this a new feature?

16. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    use greatwood or silverwood logs, which is intended and yes you do get swarmed and killed by mobs as your player is online for a few seconds after you log off, i'm fairly certain this is intended as when i complained about this in the alpha stages i got no reply

17. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    Solution: Log out indoors.
    ...I swear if my dark indoors counts as outdoors I'm gonna be upset. It was difficult to build a shelter so quickly.

By the way, when I made a shovel, it didn't qualify the quest. Is this a bug?

18. skraginator

Local Time:
    shovel quest is bugged yes, and greatwood doesnt work to make a thaumcraft table and you cant make planks from it

19. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    afaik it does, maybe they changed the recipie? have you tried silverwood?

20. skraginator

Local Time:
    silverwood is retarded to get and it doesnt show up in the TMI recipe, I know there is a way to get vanilla planks but its kind of RNG and convoluted.. but its there.