Done Server

Discussion in 'D.I.E.' started by Zaolor, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Zaolor

Zaolor New Member

Local Time:
    11:21 AM
    Is there a way for me host a small server for me and one or two other friends using D.I.E. I have played other packs with similar mods but D.I.E is my preferred. If there is a way how so. Im not to experienced in hosting games with many mods.

cbrozak likes this.
  2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    .-. just setup a lan server and play using LAN

3. YourMCGeek

YourMCGeek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You would have to be on the same internet connection. They would have to come over to your house and be given the WiFi code.

Mojang |

How do I play on a multiplayer server?

4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
  5. endref

endref Active Member

Local Time:
    5:21 PM
    if you want a wan (global) server you need to portforward ant all of that better to jost make a lan server

6. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    8:21 AM
    If i am correct you will most likely find it very different because the server has 99% changes that would not be the same

7. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Why not just play on the MyM server of DiE?

xAlexus, Mijikai, chugga_fan and 3 others like this.
  8. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:21 AM
    I do plan on compiling a server hosting pack in the future, but currently it's just not ready. You can take the mods and configs client side (I tried keeping most mods universal for this purpose) and build one with those but it is unstable at the moment as there are a lot of tweaks in the world save that take care of those things. There are 3 other servers running the pack on and off and that's what they did. I have the crash reports sent to me remotely and doing that was is very unstable so I would just wait until I release a server build to be honest. Until then please definitely utilize our server here, it's public and helps me get feedback directly from the players.

Sidenote: built on forge 1236+

9. OldDogy

OldDogy New Member

Local Time:
    That is extremely incorrect(well part of it is we are all on the same internet connection cause there is only 1 internet in the world :p ). If you forward you LAN port to the internet anyone can join you from around the world and play with you in your private world, and you should know that LAN has nothing to do with WiFi o_O cause you can have someone connect to your router using wifi, have access to your internet, and have no access to your local area, and vice-verse access your local shared files and have no access to internet. That is if you know how to control your router :p