D.I.E.(An MyM Original)

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by SilentBane, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    Now we are having an issue with Timing Out. At Alexis' little home there was several mobs including an infernal and a ton of javelins. Now she cannot rt away and it will crash us by timing out every time we are on

2. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hmmm, ok I'll hop on and find out what's happening sometime today/ Thank you for the report

3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    it's the number of entities, too great for the server

4. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Nope, only averages 600 per player, Bteam averages 2k per player. and a time out isn't lag issues.

5. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    o_O it's connected somewhat

6. Demonica6666

Local Time:
    I am now getting the no rt locations found.

7. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    isn't /rt a bad thing on a raid server?

8. Demonica6666

Local Time:
    No, it is how you get supplies. We do not have boats to travel in. There is no working Farmworld, so you must have a way to travel to find supplies elsewhere. Due to the high volume of meteors in your area, all living things end up dead. You cannot grow crops because they get destroyed by meteors. For instance, we live on an island with only smallish islands around us. We must swim for days to reach anything. There is no fresh water around us and only 1-5 block areas around surrounding isles with fresh water. We cannot tpa to others, we cannot tele to spawn so random rt ing is the only way to travel. You cannot build temporary shelters if you are out due to certain mobs not despawning. My friend had to kill herself to get most of them to despawn so she could run for freedom. Many new people on the server are getting aggravated with being trapped and dying the moment they try to step out. A few are getting annoyed with being unable to have animals or farms or homes because they are destroyed by the high number of meteors. Perhaps a vote should be taken about it being a pvp server. So far, most are not interested in raiding or fighting each other. Only a couple are raiding and those being raided are annoyed due to the large amount of grinding required to do anything and being unable to level up in anything. Most who come on express that they want to be able to build and trade safely. A few would like spawn to be a trading area. It being hard to get to higher tiers makes it more interesting and you don't go from 0 to the top fast so that is good. But having your hard work destroyed or stolen is not good. Secret rooms does not help because all they have to do is look and it says where doors and trapdoors are. You cannot use Thaumcraft to protect your stuff because it is impossible to get thaum items. A group of us were looking at ways to smelt items and found that all smelting item recipes call for items that must be smelted. A catch 22. Most of the few animals are a very far distance from all of us, so it is impossible to bring them back without something like a golden lasso. I have done all in Thaum that can be done, all in tfc 1 that can be done except milk.

9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    thats why i was surpised it was a pvp/raid server

10. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Boats were put back in, if they were removed again that's not intended.

We can remove RT completely if you'd prefer, we really didn't want it in anyways originally.

The despawning hostile mob issue is related to the passive mob despawning issue. Either both despawn or neither despawn at this point. I've been working on a plugin that will allow best of both worlds, but until then unfortunately it's one or the other.

I will turn down meteor spawn rate again.

Instead of turning off PvP completely, how would you feel about a clan protection system similar to towny but uses materials as cost to 'claim areas'? (PreciousStones - Bukkit of course I would tweak it to not be so OP with everything turned on.

The secret rooms\waila issue was fixed previously, if that is happening again it hasn't been reported and I'd be glad to fix it.

"Impossible to get thaum items", could you please elaborate on this? I've ran through the transition many times and it is smooth, you should know that it does require another mod to get into it deep though (Balanced Exchange).

Semlting is intended to be with the Infernal Furnace first. It is 100% possible to make it there without needing a smeltery, agian, Balanced Exchange is key and would probably be the first goal outside of TFC since it is the backbone of the pack.

11. Demonica6666

Local Time:
    Nice. The mob thing cannot be helped, I understand that. :rolleyes: I will check on the boats again when I get on in the morning. Long work day today. Yeah, the Waila is showing your secret rooms stuff. When I logged out yesterday, I had checked and it showed our trapdoor as a secret trapdoor. Did not know that was an issue before or I would have reported it. I like the clan protection idea and I bet the other clans would too (since I have heard them fussing about no protection) ;) I do not know if the RT command is working today, yesterday it was not working causing those who were on to have heart attacks (they built homes/bases with only 1 way in/out and were stuck) I will check the Infernal Furnace, I must have overlooked it when we all were looking. Need to put my tri-focals back on :watching: . On Thaumcraft I cannot find nodes, cannot convert tfc gold into nuggets for the next wand for the questbook. So I am kind of stuck. I tried to see if there was another way to make gold into nuggets but could not find one.

I noted the previous statement because we are getting more and newer players on the server trying us out and they are getting frustrated. :banghead:
    One had his house burned up by a meteor while he was in it, lol. They all learn hard means hard. haha. But the clans all say they need some kind of protection and I know I would 'pay' for claim blocks for our clan and I believe the others would love that as an option too. My only frustration was the Thaum and the great animal hunt. But I will survive :cat: .

I personally love the server and the hardness.

12. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Out of curiousity, what do you need nodes for? Again, I played through the transition and didn't need nodes to get done what I needed to before being able to acquire them in other ways.

For gold nuggets for the next wand, Balanced Exchange is the intention for that. Sounds to me like that is where you are stuck for mostly everything. I think once you get the amulet made, you'll be well on your way with everything.

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    nodes are 100% needed to progress in thaumcraft unless you're planning on killing LOTS of mobs

14. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Should DIE be any other way? No freebies here, plus acquiring them is early in TC if you know what research to do

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    in vanilla thaumcraft there are no ways of generating nodes, and thats the facts

16. cbrozak

Local Time:
    it's a good thing it's DIE and a modpack and not vanilla thaumcraft then.

17. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    :p

18. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    2:23 AM
    Well you get aspect by killing mobs so think it of this way the first thing you should do is head to nodal mechanics which allows you to create nodes so those could be the option to follow to acquire nodes :D

cbrozak likes this.
  19. Demonica6666

Local Time:
    Ah, good, I will do that. I had already started making mobs :bored: So I will mace many more. I think the problem I was having was in not knowing how the changes in the pack affected the many mods added. Hehe. I am about to get on and play around until I figure this puzzle out. Thanks

20. cbrozak

Local Time:
    It's down currently, I'll have it back up shortly. Working on a few things first.[DOUBLEPOST=1422365101,1422364835][/DOUBLEPOST]On it's way up now.