Implemented Questbook needs Enabling

Discussion in 'D.I.E.' started by OldDogy, Mar 4, 2015.

1. OldDogy

OldDogy New Member

Local Time:
    5:37 PM
    Hello.
    Not much to say, something was happening to the server it restarted 2-3 times with a few minute roll-back's.
    And since then it's asking us to type "/hqm quest" (or something like that to enable the quest book) but ofc something like that has to be done with admin rights.

Cheers!

2. Krxxzy

Krxxzy Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  3. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  4. rljmos

rljmos Active Member

Local Time:
    8:37 AM
    No you are correct Pi. No Admins or Co-Admins, or mods can do anything on the servers. Its set up to be hard even for staff members.

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I would like to wait for charles/cbro, its their choice to either rollback to a working version of the save data or to re-enable it => reset.

6. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:37 AM
    Sorry about the crashing and rollbacks. We are having some...um...unusual mobs spawning and they crash us. Charles says they are going to update this weekend and hopefully that will help. :hungry:

7. OldDogy

OldDogy New Member

Local Time:
    Oh btw is there a rational reason that we aren't able to sleep ? cause i don't have a lot of time to play games and then every 10-15 minutes i have to w8 for 10-15 minutes for the night to pass... and what usually happens is we all disconnect at night and w8 for the day... it's just waste of our time :/

8. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    All updated and working, see the main page for the changelog. I removed the QB for the short time being until I do some fixing and work on it. Server is back up and running smoothly.

Yeah, sleeping is off OldDogy. Not too far into the pack though and you will forget about the day/night cycles cause you will spend most the time in your base anyways. The initial safety is supposed to be an accomplishment in itself, the ability to sleep makes that too easy ;)

9. OldDogy

OldDogy New Member

Local Time:
    Can't login "You are not allowed to use cuchaz.ships
    ------------------
    oh wellz, my point was that the ability to disconnect makes that also easy, just boring as hell and time wasting.so everything that is really happening is we have to "sleep in real time".
    Might be the reason the server is sort of empty

10. TAURION

TAURION New Member

Local Time:
    6:37 PM
    Same

11. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Feel free to play in Single Player, you can sleep all you want ;)

Also, cuchaz.ships is solved.

12. Demonica6666

Local Time:
    It is part of survival. It is frustrating, being awake and unable to even poke your head outside. So. What to do, what to do. Well you use night to cook food, make torches, use the pit kiln or smeltery, feed animals, mine and place supports, stand at your home made mob traps and whack whack. There are actually a lot of things that you so do not want to do during the day so as to not waste daylight. Most of these things take a good period of time to do. like cooking. If you do not watch it, poof, food burnt and gone. The base was mainly made during night, a lot of night. As you get better with the pack, you find ways to beat night in a way. I schedule night as mining/decorating and such. Use the day to gather what you will need and night to actually do it. If beds that worked were added, I would say make them the ones that require 1/2 of people on a server to sleep. If that happens I will say I am sorry ahead of time for not sleeping as I usually get into whatever I am doing.

cbrozak likes this.
  13. TAURION

TAURION New Member

Local Time:
    6:37 PM
    u can change mod settings to disable darker night, in your client, if u dislikes atmosphere
    Btw, need a brewing stand to make nightvision potions))) - or not needed if u disabled mod setting

14. cbrozak

Local Time:
    True if you play single player. Server config over rides client if you attempt to join the server it will revert that setting.

15. Demonica6666

Local Time:
    I am getting the cannot use the cuchaz.ships core too. I deleted files and hard force updated

16. cbrozak

Local Time:
    no need to do that, can you paste exactly what it says? what about the core?