Implemented Infinity koboldite, wispy and disturbed cotton

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by misher, Apr 5, 2015.

1. misher

misher Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:51 PM
    i am sorry to bother you with this, but now i have been searching for koboldite using those hobgoblins for hours without getting anything. i then tried going into singleplayer to see if it worked there, and after about having the hobgoblins farm for about 20 minutes i got a koboldite dust. i dont know why i dont seem to be able to get any of that dust on the server, but it is impeding me in reaching the final end game stuff in witchery. also i have been to the dream world on several places in the overworld, but havent been able to find a trace of wispy and disturbed cotton... now my question is: is it possible to make these items optainable by any other means?

Aamia and chugga_fan like this.
  2. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:51 PM
    How long have you spent consecutively just hanging around hobgoblins? Or do you have to kill them for the dust?

3. RaZzorShine

RaZzorShine Baka

Local Time:
    My advice is to autospawn hobgoblins in their huts so you can trade them koboldite dust and ingots.

4. misher

misher Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    well if i could just get the goblins to harvest the dust in the first place then yes, that is what i would do razzor. but i have spend hours not getting any dust what so ever[DOUBLEPOST=1428256821,1428256733][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i spend hours, literally with a leash in my hand and 2 goblins running around mining for me

5. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:51 PM
    Hey mate. I have koboldite, wispy cotton, and disturbed cotton on Infinity. I can say it's possible. It's definitely a pain, but my suggestion for getting koboldite would be to find an world gen village (like vanilla village) and take an autospawner with hobgoblins and just auto-spawn them until you find a trade for koboldite.

Just a tip, the hobgoblin with the dust for nuggets trade is the same one that has the nuggets for ingot trade. The random item for dust can be found on any hobgoblin is just a luck based chance to get the trade.

I also got some dust from a hobgoblin who was slave mining for me. It is veryyy rare.

6. misher

misher Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    so there is a hobgoblin that can sell dust? thats what i need. i know how to trade with hobgoblins for the rests. also, if that is the case, how do i make a hobgoblin spawner when i cannot use a soul vial, or a safari net on one?[DOUBLEPOST=1428260508,1428260179][/DOUBLEPOST]
    managed to use soul vial one, so nvm that

7. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    3:51 PM
    you can soul vial them

8. misher

misher Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    alright, i went into singleplayer and messed around. and yes you are able to find a hobgoblin that sell the dust.. now if you could explain how you got the wispy and disturbed cotton? did you go into the dream world in the farm world perhaps?

9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    go to dreamworld, have an angel wing in your baubles slot, begin flying around for a half hour

10. Tripolie

Tripolie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    any way to get kobaldite from kobalds?

11. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    kobolds? what are those? (edit) lol entirely diffrent mod

Zxirl likes this.
  12. Tripolie

Tripolie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    didnt know :p just that its koboldite and i have a kobold so was wondering

13. Aamia

Aamia The Most Powerful Warlock

Local Time:
    Can you add anoter way to get koboldite? There's a glitch on multiplayer servers so no one can get koboldite from hobgoblins. Can you add another way to get it? E.g. infinite and very expensive koboldite ingots in market or a crafting recipe?

14. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    Zxirl likes this.
  15. Aamia

Local Time:
    misher and SirWill like this.
  16. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:51 PM
    But I got Koboldite dust from my slave miner.. so it must not be a glitch on Infinity.. as stated above, it's just really rare.

17. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    That it's so rare may itself be a glitch... Or it could be that we happen to have a workaround on our servers, one that fixes the glitch but makes it rarer than it would be otherwise.

18. Aamia

Local Time:
    I'm not talking only on infinity, I'm talking on every MyM servers with witchery mod, and I tried it on creative and I got some koboldite dust in 30 minutes and on MyM direwolf20: 0 in 30 minutes.

19. Aamia

Local Time:
    So... if it's accepted can you add a way to get koboldite on direwolf20?

20. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You can get koboldite by trading with the hobgoblins.
    Spawn them in a village or near one of their huts, and you should be able to trade with them.

I know that this way works, as I used this method to get my Pentacle on DW20.