Done Deaths after teleporting or connecting to the server and losing graves

Discussion in 'Direwolf20' started by Pitschweis, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Pitschweis

Pitschweis New Member

Local Time:
    4:18 PM
    There has been an issue where some players complained about dieing after connecting to the server. Some players even had issues dieing after they teleport to a player. Not sure if it is when you teleport using /home.

So I've encountered a similar issue don't know if they are connected. Once i was in the nether searching for a blaze spawner i died and well it was near the world border. So next thing i wanted to go to my grave but the waypoint in the journemap told me that i "died" at the other side of the map where i never been. Of course i couldn't find the grave neither at the place where i died nor at the waypoint.

Let us hear if you experienced something similar?
    The more information we get the faster we can solve the issue.

neonbacon likes this.
  2. bobthepig2

bobthepig2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:18 AM
    This is yet to happen to me. And i'v been on direwolf for a while.

3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    10:18 AM
    the grave spawns within ~20 blocks of where you died, so it's in 20 blocks of either side of the border, which could be the issue here

bobthepig2 likes this.
  4. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:18 AM
    Lol. I feel so bad for anyone this has happened to, this sounds awful. I don't think admins even have the ability to pass over the world border without manually going into the config and expanding in. So this is one issue that could hopefully get fixed. I'm not sure about the death on teleportation/logging in; need more info on it still.
    ---
    @Administrator , would it be possible to prevent graves from spawning outside of world border?

5. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The deathpoint thing has happened to me too but that was in monster. Has to be an old bug then.

6. Pitschweis

Pitschweis New Member

Local Time:
    I've heard there was another problem also with teleporting and graves. I think the players name was BadgerNeer, he asked me for help because he died as soon as he has connected to the server. The place he log of was at his base,after that he got teleported to spawn. So we tried searching for the grave but we couldn't find one. The weird thing also was the waypoint to the last death was way off at a random place, we tried searching there to but no dice. So after some time he told me that he found his grave somewhere near his base (don't actually know the position and how far away it was) but it was empty... So he lost alot of worthy endgame stuff to that.

And yes before i forget there was no world border near any of the locations mentioned above. I guess ~1000 blocks minimum

I will ask him to come to this thread and post his situation because it could be that i forgot something or misunderstood.

It happened a long time ago, its more than 2 weeks i guess and nothing big has been lost some basic tinker tools.

I hope it never does!

7. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:18 PM

Co-Admin + do :)
    We're able to write a simple command, and we ignore the border.
    Unfortunately, this is a risk, considering we load new chunks that have never been loaded before, causing server lag.

Zxirl likes this.
  8. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:18 AM
    Learned something new today :D