1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Staffing At MyM

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LucidTheStick, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:55 AM

Hello fellow MyMers,
    I just wanted to reach out and formally introduce some changes to staffing within the MyM community that you may have noticed. Besides our usual new members of the family we have also introduced new ranks and defined the responsibilities of each rank. Below is a quick break down. Please remember while a specific staff rank may deal with your issue, all requests should go through a moderator, /ticket or a support forum post.​

Founder Our Founders manage the finances and future direction of the network as a whole. Usually this involves extra servers, the MyM launcher, which modpacks we will host, and tight communication with Admin and Managers.
    Manager Our Managers handle staffing issues. This means hiring/firing of all moderator positions, resolving player complaints, reviewing ban reports/appeals, and directly over seeing the day to day activity of the (jr/sr)moderator and jr-admin positions. They report directly to the Founder position.
    Administrator Our Administrators handle the back-end side of the network. This involves standing up new servers, resets of worlds, fixing out of game issues (crashes, player resets, etc), and a general to-do list of tasks. They report directly to the Founder position.
    Senior Moderator Our Senior Moderators are in charge of the day to day operation of the servers in game. Their main focus is on dealing with community, handling escalated tickets from moderators, mentoring Jr. Moderators and general task lists from administrators and managers. They report directly to the Manager position.
    Moderator Our Moderators are the most important position within MyM. They are 100% our customer service focused group. They handle all day to day player interactions in game, on the forum, and in tickets. Every interaction between staff and a player starts with a moderator. They are the MyM Player ambassadors and are expected to fight on behalf of the player until their problem is resolved. They also help identify server performance issues and pass along information to the Senior Moderator and Jr. Admin teams for faster handling of server performance. They report directly to the Manager position.
    Junior Moderator Our Junior Moderators position serves as a trial period for new staff members before moving in to the Moderator position. This gives the new staff member an idea of what is expected as far as work ethic, and our staff members a chance to make sure the new staff member is a good fit for the team. They mainly focus on Moderating chat and shadowing the Moderator team members to learn the ropes. They report directly to the Manager position.

I hope this clears up any confusion regarding our different ranks and what each position does here at MyM.
    Thank you,
    MyM Management

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2018
  2. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the break down ^_^ I was wondering what the difference between admin and co-admin where.

3. LucidTheStick

Local Time:
    Added quick flow chart that is a little off with numbers but gives a visual idea of the text. Created by one of our own!

4. NchemIcaLS

NchemIcaLS New Member

Local Time:
    12:55 PM
    Thanks for adding the flowchart I created:D I hope it helps. I think in the chat it was mentioned that some of the information might be incorrect. I can change it if you'd like. Just let me know what needs updating.

Slind and LucidTheStick like this.
  5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I guess it would be great if you could remove the numbers. (we have 4 managers, a lot more admins and 2 directors, which will probably change from time to time)

6. LucidTheStick

Local Time:
    Ninja'd you this time and already sent him a message ;)

Also added credit to original post[DOUBLEPOST=1429719217,1429719071][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated image is already done! Thanks @NchemIcaLS

Slind likes this.
  7. night3y3s

night3y3s chaotic constructor

Local Time:
    "manging staff" i'm honestly scared now :/ other then that, it's nice to have some insight on the structure of the staff group
    nice work lucid :)

8. RomaDaddy

Local Time:
    lol I saw that to, just auto corrected it for myself.

9. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:55 AM
    ..yeah lucid, nice work

10. LucidTheStick

Local Time:
    Hey now! I didn't make it @NchemIcaLS

11. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    But you approved it :p

profrags, chugga_fan and Adrianfish like this.
  12. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Suggestion : Modpack creator ;)

I could really use some help from some mym ressources on my current project :)

johnfg10 likes this.
  13. RomaDaddy

Local Time:
    Not really the place for this I dont think...

14. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Because ? I found Modapps,Adminapps, Devapps - but no modcreator apps. This is a topic about the Staff structure@mym.

So how exactly do you think it wont fit here?

15. SilentBane

SilentBane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I don't see the need for Modpack Creators to have a special tag on our forums.

16. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Okay, then i dont see the need for Modpack Creators for mym :)

Srlsly : Every mod that just looks to maintain the rules gets staff resources and information.

A modpack creator that would make exclusive modpacks for mym could need those resource by far more then a simple moderator. You need admins to test setups/protections/plugins. You need testers for feedback. Which would be good to be staff since they are normally more devoted to provide feedback.

17. SilentBane

SilentBane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Exclusive mod packs in the past have floundered fabulously. If you wish to put your mod pack on MyM then you need to go the FTB route and submit through there. If it is successful there then we would consider it for MyM. As a whole however exclusives have not brought any new players to the servers.

18. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Allright!

19. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Unfortunately. It has, just on a very tiny scale in comparison to the community as a whole.

chugga_fan likes this.
  20. Lord_Vantus

Lord_Vantus Living life, one year at a time....

Local Time:
    How can one apply for such positions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.