Chat Panel

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by AlphaRue, May 19, 2015.

?

Would You Like to See This Implemented

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No, I hate communicating with my fellow human beings.

6.7%
  3. Potato

46.7%
  4. Yes, but I really do hate communicating with my fellow human beings.

6.7%
  5. No, I think other forms of communication suffice

6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    1:45 AM
    So I was wondering if a chat panel could be implemented, such as a medium/small box on the side of the forum where people can chat freely an example of such is below.
    [​IMG]

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    7:45 AM
    95% of the time the players are in game and not on the forum so it is very unlikely that many would use it.

3. BladeRavinger

BladeRavinger New Member

Local Time:
    6:45 AM
    we do have an IRC after all, you can open it in a tab and it pings when someone messages

4. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    just look at the plug dj chat lol[DOUBLEPOST=1431993543][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I feel people would be more likely to use it if it was part of forum because it would be right there, you dont have to open a new page.

5. Auvreaeath

Auvreaeath Active Member

Local Time:
    12:45 AM
    Funny enough I was just on the Wynn forums yesterday and kinda had the same thought, however our forums in comparison are a lil less used. ;p

Edit: I also feel like the Modded community compared to the RPG community may have different outcomes if given a chatbox.

6. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    lol, I really shouldnt be suprised someone recognized the forum I took that image from

7. BladeRavinger

BladeRavinger New Member

Local Time:
    6:45 AM
    at anyone time we have around 50-80 people in forums, more then half are usually guests not logged in so cant talk.
    and statistically 20 of the 30 logged in wont want to talk in chat as there already having engaging conversations in the forums/teamspeak/in-game

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I see a disadvantage of the shout box being used for support requests.. In my opinion this is no content for it, though wherever you look, that's its main use case though the staff telling everyone not to. I feel, if we implement it, we would mainly tell people that they won't get support on there.
    When thinking further into integration, I come to the point where I can't tell where to put it. I don't see a free space where it would fit in. Above the forums we have the conclusion tabs, the sidebar is filled..

What do you imagine being the main use case of it, what should it be used for?

BladeRavinger and Auvreaeath like this.
  9. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    I think that people requesting support there could be a problem, but mainly just used to chat

chugga_fan likes this.
  10. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The only time I have seen those really used in a way I could see being helpful is for important announcements, which means it would be for staff use only.

BladeRavinger likes this.
  11. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    12:45 AM
    Do you mind changing the vote options? I don't hate talking to "my fellow human beings"

12. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Well, I do understand that such chat plugin is usefull but atm I use the normal comversations for the same thing. I don't see what the plugin could offer more.

13. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    the plugin would allow you to chat with anyone who is on at the time, not just those you are friends with[DOUBLEPOST=1432034467][/DOUBLEPOST]
    so you dont think players would like to talk to eachother?[DOUBLEPOST=1432034572][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Done

14. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Isn't that already a thing?

Kiwi IRC

15. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Why would players need a chat box to talk to each other when the MyM network offers a forum, in-game chat, an IRC, and a Teamspeak... If you cant find people to talk to on these things then you are not even trying...

BladeRavinger likes this.
  16. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    teamspeak requires a microphone IRC is NEVER active, and being ingame limits you to only those who play that pack, and as stated the forum also restricts who you can talk too, a forum convo with everyone on the forums would basically be the same as what I am suggesting, but is not possible for multiple reasons foremost among them being that it would not be plausible to type every player that uses the forums username, and likewise a thread is both inconvenient can get lost, and only those who look at all of the threads/recent threads actively would use it.[DOUBLEPOST=1432061693][/DOUBLEPOST]The closest thing mym currently has to this is the plug dj chat

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015