Departed - PvP yes/no

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Slind, May 28, 2015.

?

PvP rule on Departed

Poll closed May 30, 2015.
  1. yes, I want PvP to be allowed (still no raiding/griefing)

34 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. no, I want it to be pure PvE

20 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    12:51 PM
    I was talking smack? when?
    I have all the screenshots of the chat if you want to see where I wasn't calling you out Until you stole my stuff[DOUBLEPOST=1432952581][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I would assume that the standard mym plugins would be added?

2. TheDrunkSquirrel

TheDrunkSquirrel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:51 PM
    Be my guest then. :) I would just target you and be immature and continue to argue with some child who is mad over internet, but I am better then that. :) You have a great day/night jack, and I hope things get better for you.

3. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:51 AM
    Any plugin will be added when its out of testing. And if you have been stealing make a post about it.

4. jackripper0987

Local Time:
    http://i.imgur.com/3Uq5i9U.png

So are you going to make up more bullshit on how you "dont" loot other peoples stuff after ambushing them 2x1?

Lawmonark likes this.
  5. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    Awe you didn't screenshot the rest of the talk? Also you were part of a group who had killed one of my fellow members and they had took there items. One of my members gets attacked and loses items, then we all back em up. Its called teamwork if you never heard of it. But really though have a good night.
    If you would like to continue to argue with me then private message me, this thread isnt for drama between two people.

6. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Guys take this to private chat? Or if you have a complain make a thread/ticket for it.

7. jackripper0987

Local Time:
    Your right about that,
    http://i.imgur.com/knfkPzz.png
    http://i.imgur.com/j88tVcD.png
    There they are

But you HAVE not made ANY reasonable argument. You said that YOU DONT loot bodies and I showed you PROOF that you DO!
    No what? you are picking another false thing to say then when I disprove that fact, you will make up more bullshit to try and shine a light on yourself

If this child wants to continue making false arguments I am more than happy to abide
    But just for now, I want his reaction to the public as I disprove his accusations and shine a light on what he actually is

8. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
  9. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    When did 48 hours start, on phone can't see the time of the post.

10. jackripper0987

Local Time:
  11. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    Ok
    Thank you

12. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:51 PM
    Here is a thought.

This pack has a multitude of worlds, right? Make the overworld pvp off, and all other worlds pvp on.

Anything goes in the other worlds.

And I doubt that we will have a group of 5 or 6 players ganging all the newbs. I for one usually go gang the gankers. I'm sure most if the responsible players will know how to police our own, and I for one would be more then happy to become a bounty hunter For higher

Slind, YourMCGeek and Lawmonark like this.
  13. Ralph_Anthony

Ralph_Anthony Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:51 PM
    May I make one request on the poll tally, can dummy accounts be filtered out. (dummy= those that don't post or signone frequently, except to pad polls)

14. dystrophe

dystrophe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:51 PM
    if that's the case and the vote is a stuffed ballet wouldn't it be easier to match account name to those whitelisted and elimate the ones not on the whitelist?

15. Ralph_Anthony

Local Time:
    don't thinks being on the whitelist was a requirement to vote.

16. mynameisAK

mynameisAK Walking Modded-MC Wikipedia.

Local Time:
    I'm going to throw my opinion into the mix with some things I've worked out.

I voted for PvP with the thought that bodies would be fair game. Though the town I joined recently is generally in the opposite opinion.

Problem with PvP at this moment of the pack is Tinkers, I've had several conversations with those in TS and on the FTB forums who seem to agree with me, so I thought I'd reinforce it with some testing.

I started a single player world in survival, put on a timer and got to work. Did the first MC thing, punched wood, got wood, crafting table. Then, gathered clay, sand and gravel (you see where I'm going with this). Luckily I found a slime island on my adventuring. Went mining for a short amount of time, got me a slightly leveled pickaxe and enough iron for a tool forge. From there, I crafted a crossbow.

I then grinded the jungle to get a Precasia realmstone, that bit took the longest. Got there, went straight underground and got enough fragments for 2 ingots. Headed back up top I made skeletal bolts with feather feltching. and stopped the timer.

It took me 2 hours and 10 minutes (and 4 deaths, damn bush babys and stingers) to get started, get a smeltery and get a crossbow that could just about kill anybody (Gimmi 30 minutes and it would have been a machinegun crossbow as I call them, 0.25 drawspeed), and pretty much any normal enemy. Even without PvP, Tinkers is too powerful in the pack.

TheDrunkSquirrel and Lawmonark like this.
  17. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:51 AM
    I have to agree with @BookerTheGeek here.
    If possible make the Overworld PvP off.
    But keeping all other dimensions PvP

18. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    There would be rarely any PvP if any at all and would not be even worth turning it on if its not on in the over world. I been to plenty of other dimensions and rarely if I do see someone there, plus some of the mods do overtime effects and PvP to people and would follow to over world, which would then be considering "bypassing". Also there is ways to bypass PvP if you set it for other dimensions and not the over world as well.

19. Ralph_Anthony

Local Time:
    Sounds like your saying that most people don't want to PvP.

20. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    According to the poles most people actually do. But anyways the poll is over. Someone close the thread?