Departed - PvE Overworld - PvP all other worlds

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Slind, May 31, 2015.

1. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    12:36 PM
    Since there is not going to be any plug in how would you ensure people would follow :/ that

2. TheDrunkSquirrel

TheDrunkSquirrel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You tell em? Just like you would tell people not to do a PvP bypass. Report, if not obeying, screenshots, video.

3. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    That would not ensure it. it will work but it does not work as some people will just ignore it :/

4. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    So @Slind whats it come down too?

5. dystrophe

dystrophe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:36 PM
    pvp allowed everywhere
    no looting
    no griefing
    no raiding[DOUBLEPOST=1433122250][/DOUBLEPOST]and probably a player run bounty/guardian/assassin/contract killer system of sorts once it comes into effect - sign on a wall somewhere type of thing to enforce the rules, to go after those that break the rules (that would be nice)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  6. Vitaxis

Vitaxis Yuri Master

Local Time:
    2:36 PM
    My opinion:

PVP full time ( all dimensions)
    Looting allowed
    Raiding allowed in all dimension except overworld

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    9:36 PM
    Final Rules regarding PvP
    • The overworld (world you spawn and build in) is 100% PvE, you are not allowed to kill other players, loot corpses or take stuff that doesn't belong to you and is not world generated.
    • All other worlds including Nether, End and all the Worlds added from mods go with the following rules:
      • killing allowed
      • looting allowed
      • raiding* allowed
      • griefing* forbidden
    To sum it up, overworld is the save place, no PvP interaction at all. In all the other worlds you can kill players, loot their stuff, raid their stuff..

*Difference between Raiding and Griefing In this case raiding means to steal stuff, e.g. take items from a chest while it does not include taking machines (only its inventory contents). Griefing is breaking things, like destroying a building, terraforming the surroundings, planting huge trees next to it, pouring liquids..

Mijikai likes this.
  8. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    So what about ender expansions and witchery curses? Cause they never stop following someone till they get it removed.

9. dystrophe

Local Time:
    question can they take the whole chest if it's in another world or is that considered griefing?

10. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    5:36 AM
    I think spawn camping should be against the rules aswell, especially with portals

11. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:

12. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Is there not a way for the cursed player to remove the curse? Rite of Remove Curse - Witchery Mod for Minecraft
    Or Via poppets and such?

13. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    They can remove, but some curses are stronger then others, also if you fail to remove it the curse gets stronger, and yes there is a chance you will fail to remove. If you are end game witchery its not hard to do so. Also some curses are not just on players, its on a area, and no poppets won't save you because there is magic to destroy them from anywhere in the world.[DOUBLEPOST=1433168003][/DOUBLEPOST]And as far as I know with ender expansion the curses aren't removable. Have not experienced to much in the mod just yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1433168497][/DOUBLEPOST]And if your like me when I go for a taglock I don't go for just one taglock, I am coming for 10 or more.

14. MrSquidward_

MrSquidward_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    lol, @matijase town got griefed (where i live too) i think @Founder or @Administrator should change the access to Departed; i mean change the minimum time played to 3-6 days or something like that.

15. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    I am going to have to agree with sky on this. Because there is alot of griefing/ raiding going on currently in the server. and this is in overworld.

16. dystrophe

Local Time:
    yeah, we moved because of it, completely hidden base now was going to make a travel hub where everyone had access to everyone.. but thinking not to now..[DOUBLEPOST=1433184944][/DOUBLEPOST]mati- go ahead and close that tunnel it's no longer the way to our base (on the odd chance the thief is using it)[DOUBLEPOST=1433185038][/DOUBLEPOST]also I want to place the first bounty - the head of the thief on a silver plater (once we figure out who it is) - for a reward to be determined later[DOUBLEPOST=1433185332][/DOUBLEPOST](definatly hoping when mym inserts plugins that the grief protection one will be there (if not claim protection atleast the one where they can atleast tell who took something, like a chest or whatnot)

17. mynameisAK

mynameisAK Walking Modded-MC Wikipedia.

Local Time:
    8:36 PM
    Flugal Tiara, Max Leveled Tinkers Crossbow, Skeletal Bolts, Full Terrasteel Armour (Protection 4, Last Stand 2, Unbreaking 3 - all pieces).

To the person that finds the person and gives proof of them having done it.

18. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    I will gladly cast a few spells on the person. :)

19. MrSquidward_

MrSquidward_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Prrobably it was a group of persons who did it, because they took alot of stuff more than a normal players inventory or enderchest can support, @matijase base is the most affected i think

20. dystrophe

Local Time:
    sky, they swiped a few diamond dollies from us