Taglocks

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Yolju, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Yolju

Yolju New Member

Local Time:
    4:16 PM
    Taglocks should stay banned. Why? Because of a very important reason.

Holding a Taglock Kit containing the taglocks of another player or creature will allow the witch (or warlock) to see through the eyes of that being, so long as they are not too far away (within 100 - 150 blocks).
    Although it's believed that there is no block limit to how far you can see through people.

Being a proud employee of the MineYourMind staff, I believe that we should restrict players from taglocking a Moderator/Administrator from becoming taglocked, so they may not be spied on:

*Knowing where you are
    *Where your base is
    *What you have in your inventory
    *What you are currently doing
    *What you have in your chests
    *Spying on your private messages only meant for either staff or individual players.

If we cannot stop players from taglocking staff, we have no choice but to ban it like it was once before.

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    1:16 AM
    @CAlonghair @MrRoooo take a look..

If we need to "ban" the taglock again, I would suggest to make it available for "trusted" players = 3 days ontime?

3. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:16 PM
    How does the witch (or warlock) to see through the eyes of that being? Is it a puppet? A Potion?

4. Yolju

Yolju New Member

Local Time:
    @MrRoooo

A crystal ball, that is made through a few witchery combinations a ritual.
    Could you actually go into the server's configuration and change the length of which people can spy on others? That way we wont have to ban taglocks, but decrease the range of the crystal ball's effect to around 10 blocks.

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    @Yolju let me know the id from the crystal ball if it isn't needed for something else
    @MrRoooo and you the id from horizons :)

6. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:16 PM
    1906 for Horizons.

Slind likes this.
  7. Yolju

Yolju New Member

Local Time:
    As stated in the Witchery mod website: Crystal Ball - Witchery Mod for Minecraft
    The only other things you can do with a crystal ball is predict peoples futures to be positive or negative (have never used that function before)

You can also apparently do this as well:
    "Holding a Bound Waystone will allow the witch to view the area around the waystone from an increasingly wide bird's eye perspective."
    -cited @ witchery mod for minecraft: Crystal Ball - Witchery Mod for Minecraft

It's beginning to seem more and more of just banning crystal balls instead of taglocks.

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    ok, than lets do so, could you tell me which id it has on bteam?

9. Yolju

Yolju New Member

Local Time:
    Crystal ball ID: 1720

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
  11. CAlonghair

CAlonghair Active Member

Local Time:
    crystal balls dont let u see inventory, and there is only a short range on them

12. Doctorfoxwolf

Doctorfoxwolf Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    While seeing futures in the crystal ball is technically true, doing it multiple times has a random, small chance of summoning baba yaga when you next log in. Baba yaga is a boss that throws random witchery brews at you and has 500 health, thus an epic bossfight. She also can drop her hat, which is like the witches hat only better or the same in all aspects, and can occasionally teleport the wearer out of harms way on it's own. From my knowledge using the crystal ball to look into the future is the only way to even have a chance to summon her, and is otherwise the chance is fraction of a percentage or nonexistent. So I ask to do something like disabling the taglock feature of it or something like that. I don't know how that stuff works.

13. bforce1

bforce1 New Member

Local Time:
    6:16 PM
    I do not think that taglocks should be banned :yuck:

14. CAlonghair

CAlonghair Active Member

Local Time:
    they are not anymore

15. bforce1

bforce1 New Member