Implemented Getting disconnected from server for java error.

Discussion in 'Horizons' started by Dalainia, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Dalainia

Dalainia New Member

Local Time:
    6:40 PM
    I keep getting Internal exception: java io.IOException bad compressed data format. It happens almost everytime I teleport, especially to farmworld. I have the latest version of 64bit java installed and have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the mine your mind launcher and horizons. After I get disconnected it takes several tries to get reconnected if i can at all. I've done some research and it seems like it would be something on the server end, but no one else seems to be having any problems. Any suggestions?

2. KeeperFX

KeeperFX New Member

Local Time:
    Just thought of something, run "inetcpl.cpl". Under connections tab>lan settings> make sure the proxy setting isn't checked. IF it is, well, run malwarebytes. Otherwise, ill keep brainstorming and cya tonight ;)

3. Dalainia

Dalainia New Member

Local Time:
    Not checked. Ran malwarebytes, all is good. Cya soon, lol[DOUBLEPOST=1398311565,1398300875][/DOUBLEPOST]Adding the log for those that are interested. Please help!
    Pastebin.com

4. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:40 PM
    You trying cleaning out your java cashe? or un-install java and install 64bit?

5. KeeperFX

KeeperFX New Member

Local Time:
    Yep tried that too. Even removed it via Revo Uninstaller, rebooted and installed fresh again. Vanilla MC has the same issue. Very strange. It just started 2 days ago.

6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:40 AM
    On all servers or only on our servers?

7. Dalainia

Dalainia New Member

Local Time:
    I've tried it on one other server and it had the same issue. Just can't figure it out

8. MrRoooo

Local Time:
    do you have a firewall?

9. KeeperFX

KeeperFX New Member

Local Time:
    Windows firewall, which we've added exceptions to. Never had to before. Router cant be the problem. We're connected to the same router and I've not issues.

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Then you maybe should contact the FTB support.

11. MrRoooo

Local Time:
    can you use normal 1.7.9 MineCraft?

12. Dalainia

Dalainia New Member

Local Time:
    I believe so, but I'll check in a couple hours when I get home from work. I'm pretty sure it's just a server issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1398388838,1398388721][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I've tried connecting to a non FTB server and got the same error message.

13. KeeperFX

KeeperFX New Member

Local Time:
    Nope, tried that last night. CubicWorlds Server, a pretty close to vanilla with only a handful of bukkit plugins for chest protections etc. Same thing happens there too. Hmm, Haven't tried a local game yet...

14. MrRoooo

Local Time:
    try 100% vanilla server[DOUBLEPOST=1398389917,1398389875][/DOUBLEPOST]did you back up your .minecraft folder and then delete it?

15. Dalainia

Dalainia New Member

Local Time:
    100% vanilla works and vanilla servers work, so it appears to just just be a mym issue.

16. MrRoooo

Local Time:
    so you are having this issue on other server and ours? hmmmmm. i would delete the folders and .minecraft folder.

17. Dalainia

Dalainia New Member

Local Time:
    No just mym server. I can also create a world using the mym launcher and it works fine too. But the horizons and lobby servers give me the java issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1398400432,1398398975][/DOUBLEPOST]Um, wow. The strangest thing fixed it. Apparently my wireless adapter which is about 3 feet from the router was causing the issue. I'll let Keeper explain cause he can do a better job! :cat:

18. KeeperFX

KeeperFX New Member

Local Time:
    Ok, so after much, much troubleshooting between the two of us, it came down to the wifi adapter. The linksys AE3000 n900 wifi adapter just isn't up to the job. Going back to the Rosewill n300 adapter with the huge 7" antenna seems to be working. Not that range has been an issue, as all our computers are in the same room along with the router & modem. My guess is the linksys adapter just couldnt handle the single impedance being so close to our dlink ac1200 router. Ethernet connection also seemed to remedy the situation.

So in short: hardware issue. I only hope this MAY help anyone else with similar issues. Consider this closed guys.

*Amendment: Also seems that the "javaorgvorbis" erros snuck in from time to time are an issue with with sound drivers. Conflicting from the nvidia soundcard and the onboard sound card. All in all....stupid.

Thanks to the staff for their speedy responses and suggestions.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  19. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Glad to hear that it is fixed.