Decided Against Admins need a revamp

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by mrmeep321, Jul 12, 2015.

?

Should admins get a revamp?

1. Yes

9.1%
  2. No

90.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrmeep321

mrmeep321 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:28 AM
    I want whoever is reading this to take some time and think about this. i have been griefed about 10 times in the last few months, and somehow in some way... the admins did not have the power to help me. instead, they just told me that i need to solve the problem. but however, i cant. they are trying to get me to do something i have no power to do whatsoever. so i am asking you, please allow them to do more. such as finding an item registry plugin, where you can register your items into a record so admins can get them back for you if a glitch occurs. and my main concern for this revamp is for griefing. get CoreProtect, it is one of the best grief inspection plugins i have ever seen CoreProtect - Bukkit
    It allows the users of it to simply search an area to find players who have placed/broken things that do not hang out near there much. it also allows rollback of a selection area without a restart.
    Pros of doing this:
    1. Nearly everyone will be happier since they dont have to heavily guard their base 24/7
    2. If you lose items to a glitch, not a problem anymore
    3. admins will have much more potential
    4. griefers and stealers will no longer be a problem
    5. Griefers and stealers will grief less knowing that admins can easily find them with a singe command
    6. It will save admins alot of time
    7. No more complaining about needing better admin conditions.

Cons of doing this:
    1. May take a bit to get the plugins and set them up.

Thats hard to beat. 7 vs 1. Please take time and consider what i am asking you. this isnt just for me. it is for the good of the entire mym network. all servers. all admins. all players. everyone.

Thanks,
    -mrmeep321

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    they have prism, the mods will find who has the items and return them, do /modreq at the site of the place, admins have this power, there are many plugins that do this, and the current system is already widely used, the refunds no matter what thing is a no, therefore thats not a pro, you can also claim your base you know? that might help a little bit?

3. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:28 AM
    We already use a plugin called prism. Prism is an easy-to-use command that registers everything broken, placed, inserted, removed, and even where people dies in a register. We can do one easy search and we get the register. So in my eyes "why would we need a new plugin when we already hae one of the best we can get?". Also if someone rejected your request to get helped after you got grief, please report it in the staff complaint section ;)

4. mynameisAK

mynameisAK Walking Modded-MC Wikipedia.

Local Time:
    10:28 AM
    You also did not mention that you had actually trusted the player on the claim... Which was what you said to me the thread would be about, a revamping of the system regarding Player to player issues.

Mania stated in game that he was not able to deal with the issue, I proceeded to go into more detail. They have the permissions and the "power" to do so, but they don't - you trusted the player to your claim, and because of this he has the rights to do anything to said claim, this is the reason that staff do not get involved with the issue at hand.

Mijikai and chugga_fan like this.
  5. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    that changes everything, this means that if you immediately untrust the player afterword and tell them they are no longer part of it that means they can take the items back, otherwise it's a P2P issue

6. mrmeep321

Local Time:
    Oh, yes. A bunch of the griefs were also from people who had bypassed the security plugin. Also, I had no idea we had prism

7. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    -.- and if they bypass the mods and admins will ban the player and give you your items back unless they got voided

8. mrmeep321

Local Time:
    Also, no matter how many times I set up a forum post such as this, nobody cares! Nobody understands what I mean! Because you have never had the problem of the admins rejecting your concerns on sight!

9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    because they don't i think i need to bring up a thread that should be locked ( @Moderator please lock it) where the admins didn't automatically reject it, reason? because it had reason, there are VERY few places where admins auto reject things, and that is only if you are being a *(&)&*

10. mrmeep321

Local Time:
    okay, i give up... i can see nobody cares about what i am trying to say and could care less about it. bye.

11. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    i think you need to read this thread then, (this is the thread you should move to the archive and lock moderator) The witch hunt, or how mym looses their donators | MineYourMind Community this thread was from nearly half a year ago when the last co-admin+ problem appared, they showed concern and resolved it peacefully in the end

12. mrmeep321

Local Time:
    i can see you are right, but it seems a bit wrong that it just so happens that i am in EVERY single one of those"Very few places"
    where moderators cannot do anything.

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    moderators have prism access, so idk what you are talking about

14. mrmeep321

Local Time:
    The reason on why i mention to add prism and never knew about it is because every request i have had that even involves getting items back due to a server problem or rollback of a dimension... have been ignored. dismissed. completely destroyed.

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    maybe you should have patience, .-. the moderators can't be instantly teleproting, their VOLUNTEERS, they have actual LIVES! you know that, right? they can't be online 24/7

mynameisAK likes this.
  16. mynameisAK

mynameisAK Walking Modded-MC Wikipedia.

Local Time:
    You understand that we don't care about your items right? Mym has a global policy regarding refunds - You don't get them.

What you are saying is that players bypassed your protections - How? You trusted him, metaphorically gave him the key to take your items.

chugga_fan likes this.
  17. mrmeep321

Local Time:
    I know that!!! when they say wait, im doing something... i wait, i wait for a long as it takes, just to see that i have been rejected. i have been an admin on multiple servers, i know what it feels like to have time consumed by helping people with their problems. it isnt because i am not waiting. even when they are online. they reject it. i have only been mde wait twice, all the rest, they look at the problem for 3 seconds and reject it.

18. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We sorry that you have ad this problem. But from what i have been reading here it seems to be a player to player issue. If you want to continue this conversation feel free to message me.

19. mrmeep321

Local Time:
    By Saying they bypassed... they bypassed. they were not added to the claim. they found a coding loophole and exploited it to their advantage.

20. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    if you said this, the devs would patch it and would find it out, -.-, if you didn't, you're not helping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.