Reasons To Do Thaumcraft

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by jjadned_, Jul 13, 2015.

1. jjadned_

jjadned_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:27 AM
    I love withery and I saw thaumcraft and I thought this looks cool. Looked into it and it looks really hard what do you get for spending hours getting vis and all. I saw items like the the shovel of earthmoving and don't get me wrong those look awesome but I just don't see anything more awesome... With witchery you have bark belts and all that kind of stuff and it's fun to use and it makes you op and I've watched later episodes of thaumcraft walk thoughs and there's not much after infused items that I can see. Can anyone into thaumcraft tell me what's what?

2. Drahznar

Drahznar New Member

Local Time:
    1:27 PM
    Thaumcraft is more like a fun modpack. Nothing really that makes you op or anything like that. But i like fun little helpfull items like wand of equal trade or portable hole.... For me there is nothing really useful or essential to get from thaumcraft, but you can have a bit fun with it

3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    you must not have seen the fortress armors then, they are OP

Zxirl likes this.
  4. Drahznar

Drahznar New Member

Local Time:
    Yeah, well i sure havent seen everything... im only talking about the stuff i did already and saw in some videos. Maybe there is some good stuff but i havent seen anything yet

5. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It adds some interestin things to use aswell. There are items that give you flight, grow crops faster, make unbreakable armor, OP tools, ...
    And if you consider the addons it has lot's of cross mod integration aswell.
    In all essence it's just a mod like all others in that it provides a way to get the things MC modded is all about: getting things done fast (and getting a lot), not die, ...

chugga_fan likes this.
  6. Drahznar

Drahznar New Member

Local Time:
    well for me it was always more like a fun mod... i never really finished it or anything, cause i didnt see any good items to get there. But thats just my opinion. I dont like the flight stuff from thaumcraft for example.. (at least the ones i saw)

7. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The harnass is bad indeed. In a modpack with other means of flight (angel ring, flügels) it's more of a starter flight. For me Hubris was the first pack that I ever used that thing but it did it's job and that's all that it was needed for. If Thaumic tinkerer is in the pack then the "robes of the stratosphere" are a very good alternative.

8. BerkanHD

BerkanHD Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    For me Thaumcraft is life :D I love all the detailed tools and armours or the cool Infusions with the Animations and of course the Addons! Thaumic Tinkerer for example makes you really OP! From super tools to "God" armour and enchanting what you want theres everytjing inside :D I guess its still a matter of what you like and what not.. The only downside of Thaumcraft in my opinion is the time you waste in the Research Table, because you want to do all the cool stuff...If Thaumic Tinkerer and Thaumic Tinkerer Kami are installed just do /iskamiunlocked...then you know what I mean :/

9. Drahznar

Drahznar New Member

Local Time:
    yeah i dont like wasting that much time on that research table, especially if you've already done most of thaumcraft on another modpack. But im still starting Thaumcraft now on SkyFactory2 just for fun

10. Terrails

Terrails Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    what about Awakened Ichorium Pickaxe ?
    That is soo useful because you can get into bedrock dimension and in there are soo many ores.

11. neonbacon

neonbacon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    or the Awakened Ichorium Axe that decimates any tree in a hit. xD
    Or the Awakened Ichorium Sword that gives you Extra hearts (Soul hearts)

12. Drahznar

Drahznar New Member

Local Time:
    As i already told, i wasnt that far into the mod

13. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    Also, as of recently, the difficulty of thaumcraft was lowered to easy meaning "NO STUPID MINIGAME!!!YAY!!" but in all seriousness, it is a great mod :D

14. Obikenobi42

Obikenobi42 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If your pack only has Thaumcraft, it is still a good mod. but if you have the adons, then it is a lot better. For most things you only do the work once, and get to use the results all over the mod and its addons

15. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The problem with base thaumcraft that it is almost balanced to a fault. Nothing is free and everything has pros but also some cons (such as with the harness and having to refuel, etc). Most of the base stuff in thaumcraft is done a lot easier/better using other mods but most of the addons add some pretty sweet stuff like the mentioned KAMI tools, witching gadgets weapons, forbidden magic enchants, thalamic tinkerer mob spawning, thalamic horizons self buffs and animal modifications, etc. If you are looking for cool/new stuff from thaumcraft, look to the add ons because base thaumcraft offers lots but is outdone in most packs with tons of other mods.

16. BerkanHD

Local Time:
    Waiiit @ManiaXAsguard the mini game is gone? Since when and on sf2 too??? I skipped thaumcraft and made ball of death just bcs iam too lazy for the mini game[DOUBLEPOST=1436995755][/DOUBLEPOST]@Drahznar mate if you need help tell me ;) except applied thaumagistics iam a pro at that. I will learn that fadt too i just need to do it once to understand :)

17. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    Yea.. As of a few days ago it was changed

18. BerkanHD

Local Time:
    Wow :/ exactly when i stopped dping thaumcraft-.- hahaha well at least now i know what to do and stay on the modpack :D thx for the great info btw ;)

19. Drahznar

Drahznar New Member

Local Time:
    which minigame are you talking about ? :D i dont get it

EDIT: okey i found out what u were talking about :p the researching was made easier... but can anyone explain to me what it is now? cant log on for the next 8 hours to minecraft, but i want to know how researching is done now without that minigame :p ?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  20. BerkanHD

Local Time:
    It shows the needed aspects and if you have them you just need to click the research to get it :D