1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote to leave/remove meteors

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by masterzan, Jun 30, 2015.

?

Would you like to keep falling meteors?

1. Yes, keep up the rain

72.7%
  2. No, sieve for it

27.3%
  1. masterzan

masterzan Active Member

Local Time:
    3:01 PM
    As many of you may know, there are meteors that land on any chunk loaded area of the moon. Because of the many added mods to the pack, being a player placed block is not enough to stop the meteors. After testing this for a while I realized only explosive proof blocks can withstand the meteors. This applies a large restriction on the amount of building materials on roofing and a small amount of lag due to items from blown up areas.

I propose this question, as a community, would you like to keep the meteors falling while it is still very viable to gain the meteoric iron from sieving moon stone?

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:01 AM
    Meteors should not be able to break through player made blocks. At least not from my expirience. I have had dozens land on my base, but not destruction. Could also be that the square you start in protects blocks, or just is a part from another world inserted with world edit.

3. masterzan

masterzan Active Member

Local Time:
    3:01 PM
    No, Galacticraft has only basic minecraft blocks protected from meteors. Blocks such as stone, wood, and normal glass are safe. Although when you try to build a bit nicer such as quite clear glass or even cobble, they will break. In the end being forced on the moon is restricting our building materials with meteors

4. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    hmmm it could be that protection prevents meteors from doing damage to the environment, and there has been some weird stuff where players don't get their places protected properly when they start. I don't know if you are afflitced but it could be a possibility. (also this can easily be fixed). I can check next time you are on.

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Unfortunately there is no config option and requests for one got denied.

Chetwynd likes this.
  6. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:01 PM
    As slind said. There is no way we can do this. But i have been looking into some forcefield mods to make it more interesting.

tonalom likes this.
  7. Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Member

Local Time:
    6:01 PM
    I hope that forcefield mod addition is coming along. I lost a diamond chopper, dirt, saplings and LOTS of wood in storage barrels when it took a direct hit. :(

8. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    i have never been hit by one in any part of the main base ever, so idk why people are complaining, and i sank over an hour into the modpack before getting distracted by other packs

9. Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Member

Local Time:
    I wasn't really complaining...just asking about a possible forcefield mod. AFTER you loose a DIAMOND chopper and supplies that you built up over days...Come talk to me ;)

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    again, i've lost literally NOTHING from the meteors, idk why people are saying it's so common to hit your base

11. Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Member

Local Time:
    Seems like some people are more blessed with them others.....I haven't had to search off my base for them. They have come to me.

12. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    they are a near hit, never actually hitting though