The ultimate debate! Android vs iOS

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by bobthepig2, Jul 23, 2015.

?

Your preferred phone OS

Poll closed Jul 30, 2015.
  1. Android

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. iOS

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Potato OS

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. bobthepig2

bobthepig2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:25 AM
    Post why you prefer one over another! Android vs iOS

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:25 PM
    iOS is just expensive and they never change anything, except that one time 5 years ago. Android is the future, it's a beat cheaper as well.

19e8 likes this.
  3. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:25 PM
  4. MrSquidward_

MrSquidward_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  5. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What about Windows :p

matijase likes this.
  6. MrSquidward_

Local Time:
  7. TMG_r3v3ng3

TMG_r3v3ng3 New Member

Local Time:
    with iOS your buying the name more than the software and with android you are buying customisation. Android is better - coming from someone currently using a mac with his iPhone right beside him

8. MrSquidward_

Local Time:
    But, in android if you download something from internet is mostly a virus, but in ios you can just install cydia and you can customize your iphone or whater ios thing with whatever thing you want.

9. hansi132

hansi132 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Lets take the new 2 phones from both companys. The Iphone 6 and the Samsung Galaxy s 6

The Iphone and the Samsung is acually equal in price at the moment tough the Sansung has an incredible hardware update.

For the os we got Ios and Android. Ios is clean easy to use for beginners, very stylish and really good. The down side is that you are stuck with some features you cannot change unless you jailbreak the phone.

Android more advanced to use, alot of new stuff to lern if you have tried out IOS before, and the plus is that you can customize a lot more and do more stuff with an android.

Conclusion: Ios/apple if you look for a good phone with good design, Android if you like to do more stuff with your phone than change background.

tonalom likes this.
  10. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Gotta go with Hansi here.

iOS is a lot simpler to use and everything works straight out of the box. There are lots of factors that limit what you can do but that helps to unify things. An example of this is the App Store. It is more or less the only place that you can download apps for iOS which means there are probably less apps than would be available elsewhere, but it allows the user to search the entire app database in one place. Especially for older people who aren't that good with technology it is a very good option. It's easy to use, offers lots of assistance and just works.

Android is a little more complex than iOS. It offers loads more customization and apps from all over the place too. However this brings the risk of viruses and such since some apps are not regulated like in the App Store. It is a lot easier to have it do what you want it to do, but only if the user knows what they're doing.

Nevertheless, I personally prefer Apple products. iCloud and cross device syncing is such a fantastic feature. I have a Mac, an iPhone and an iPad (I know, Apple Fanboy etc. ;)) and whatever I am working on on my laptop I can push over to my iPad to carry around. Calendar, music and so many other things sync automatically as soon as I walk in the room. I know that it's probably possible on Android but it requires lots of extra work, debugging, etc. Not saying Android is bad, because it is definitely very good but I just prefer iOS since it works with the rest of my devices. Most importantly though, one isn't better than the other. They are different and both have their ups and downs.

11. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    Dropbox. Tadah Andriod complete or even Google Cloud thing i forgot name of.

12. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Google Drive*

13. MrSquidward_

Local Time:
    Well jailbreaking it is not hard and you can customize it in infinite ways.[DOUBLEPOST=1437659648][/DOUBLEPOST]But in androind you probably will download something that is virus to your phone.

14. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    YOu can also download Anti-Virus.

15. MrSquidward_

Local Time:
    iOS dont need antivirus. :D

16. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    Actually they do. You can still get Virus's. From emails.. Messages ect... Just because its not from the Istore or whatever does not mean its free from Antivirus.

17. MrSquidward_

Local Time:
    But I mean you can get virus from downloaded apps in android.

18. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    So? YOu need to be careful what your downloading. Same with PC

19. FlareArrow

FlareArrow Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:25 AM
    You can get viruses from iOS apps, too. ESPECIALLY with apps downloaded from cydia or other sources once your device is jailbroken. Tearing down your own walls is going to make you more susceptible. The main difference is that android is designed to expect viruses and is able to resist and recover from them, iOS is meant to only download apps from the Apple store, which have all been pre-approved by Apple and are expected to not have viruses. This means that you're considerably more limited in terms of phone usability. As well, the primary android store, which has become the Google Play store, consists entirely of, you guessed it, safe, pre-approved apps. Android simply gives you the ability to expand your horizons with much less risk than iOS.

Also, programming in Swift is a pain. Somehow Apple put something out there that's more of a pain than Java.

20. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    7:25 AM
    LOL jailbreaking is illegal in the US and can get you jailed
    IOS has viruses, so do macs, anyone who thinks that they can't get one needs to realize that if it is connected to the internet if it's a high target it's going to have people attacking it for hacking, and don't get me started on that bug where sending certain symbols in a combination can turn off your phone .-.