Implemented Endgame Titles

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by newabcd, Aug 9, 2015.

?

Would you like endgame titles

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    87.3%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    2:30 AM
    i say yea to that, but it needs to be easily replaceable, but very endgame. like 4 advanced alchemical constructs (crafted from 4 standard alchemical constructs, 4 void metal, and a primordial pearl. this allows it to be an endgame title, without deleting a possible very rare and precious material. (the primordial pearl)

2. Regemin

Regemin New Member

Local Time:
    7:30 AM
    I wish I knew half the words you just said. But I do like how it can be easily replaceable but still be endgame. Let's say blood magic maybe one of the last orbs.

3. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    basically, the primordial pearl is a very special item. found by unlocking a gate, entering a VERY hostil dimension, and defeating the boss there. i make this sound easy. but its NOT. when u beat the dungeon u get the pearl. this is used to craft the "alchemy blocks" mentioned before, without destroying the pearl. now do u understand?

4. Regemin

Regemin New Member

Local Time:
    Yh, Thanks ;)

5. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    np, and i understand ur confusion, it takes alot of work to get to me level in thaumcraft. remember how i said hostile? this dimension 1 basically a big series of dungeons, each gate leads to its own dungeon. the dungeons dont like "cheaters" no flight, no mercy, if u try to break out, starry void blocks apear under them, blocking exit. these blocks are like cactus on steroids. it wrecks a guy in full diiamond armor in about 3 secs. no chance, no grave, also, you are not alone there. cracks in the walls spew "crabs" which chase after you, while not a threat alone, they are great threat in numbers. also, guardians walk the halls. dealing damage from a distance, if they see you, you cannot escape, great pathing AI allows them to chase you for miles. as well as a small wither effect, they also warp you. warp is basically insanity. a little warp is no prob, alot of warp is very bad. there is literally a sanity checker to check on warp lol

6. newabcd

newabcd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I know what you mean and the titles haven't been decided I just gave some examples. About thaumaturge it just doesn't sound like your endgame you could craft a thauminomicon and become a thaumuturge whereas to become "eldritch you'd have to get an arcane eye or void metal or something.

7. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    and im just saying whiel thaumaturge may be too early game, eldrtich is an insult. we destroy the eldritch. they are evil. maybe "Void Thaumuturge" is better, as it states the ability to manipulate the voidic energies, whilst staying true to the mod.

8. newabcd

Local Time:
    that sounds a lot better

9. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    glad to help. i look forward to being able to claim the title i already own XD.

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    8:30 AM
    If we want to implement this we would need a thought through list of achievements. Maybe we can start with this layout until we got 20 something..

Mod:
    Item(s) to turn in:
    Title:

11. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    mod: thaumcraft
    items (s): iron capped wooden wand, Thaumonomicon,
    Title: Thaumaturge[DOUBLEPOST=1439203558][/DOUBLEPOST]Mod: Thaumcraft
    Item (s): 4 advanced alchemical constructs
    Title: Void Thaumaturge[DOUBLEPOST=1439203759][/DOUBLEPOST]shall i go on?

12. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    what about titles that just triggered on certain achievement gains? Might be easier to look into custom made achievements rather than turning in items, though im not sure. Would these over ride ontime ranks and replace them/have their own category in the /shop to be able to change back and forth from?

Just trying to cover all the bases of information ^_^

chugga_fan likes this.
  13. newabcd

Local Time:
    custom made achievments would be better. They wont override ontime ranks I don't think and you will be able to change whenever u want on /shop

14. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    if they dont take up the ontime rank title where would they be shown? Chat would be way to sloppy to show all the ranks of people...

Imortal Master Botanist playersuchandsuch: message goes here

would be the format I vision happening then. lol

chugga_fan likes this.
  15. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    8:30 AM
    We should keep them short.

16. newabcd

Local Time:
    there will only be 1 title which u can select

17. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    instead of titles maybe something such as the mod's abbreviation, for example if you turn in a 64x nether star gen you would gain the title ExU, for thaumcraft TC, for draconic expansion it could be something like DrE, etcetera

18. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    wouldnt a nether star generator (x64) make more sense? more work needed. either way, i cant wait to claim titles lol. also for botania, how about a dice of fate?

19. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    I said that[DOUBLEPOST=1439242097][/DOUBLEPOST]then gen not the dice, but I did think that

20. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    ohh i misred lol "then gen not the dice" what this mean? i dont understand lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.