Testing Required New Chunk Loader System on Regrowth, Agrarian Skies 2 and Galactic Science

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Slind, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Ash00182

Ash00182 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:28 PM
    Seems my maths have failed me xD Thanks for the clarifications.

Bennyboy1695 likes this.
  2. theshadowpanther

theshadowpanther Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:28 PM
    Can't get tickets in Galactic Science spawn - the sign is there, but the spawn protection doesn't let me click on it.

0hsaka likes this.
  3. lryanle

lryanle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:28 PM
    Seems like it works in @Regrowth! Just 1 question... Can you add a 3x3 on the offline (gold block) chunkloader?

4. neronix17

neronix17 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:28 PM
    If 3 chunks are staying as the limit to offline loaders I doubt a 3x3 option is going to be added.

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    10:28 PM
    ugh, the island creation sign doesn't work either, what changed?

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    ok fixed.

7. theshadowpanther

theshadowpanther Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:28 PM
    Okay, I got the tickets, I placed down the block of iron, I get the GUI. Now, if I choose 1x1, 3x3, etc. - nothing happens. Gold block at least gives me feedback that 3x3 area is too much.

Edit: Galactic Science server, of course.
    Edit 2: waited for several minutes, after choosing the 3x3 option - ticket count doesn't change at all.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  8. Obikenobi42

Obikenobi42 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:28 PM
    How many tickets will we be getting per vote when that goes in?

9. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:28 PM
    The one thing I've noticed so far that I don't really care for is that cost for keeping your online chunk loader goes up the longer you keep a single chunk loaded. While this is fine for most things, on Regrowth, where only the chunk you're in is active at full speed, I like to keep most of my base in 1 chunk. This means that eventually it's cheaper to load everything around my base as well. And being near the ocean means that I'll start getting lots of squids spawning.
    Is there some sort of hard cap for how high the price will go?

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    The price is always the same as long as the machines and entities in the chunk are the same. If those change the price changes, too. Atm it is possible that it is cheaper to use 3x3 instead of 1x1 due to the way the upkeep is calculated. This will be changed before being deployed on all servers.

11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    nothing has been decided. My thoughts so far were enough for 12 chunks for around 3 hours a day. Hint: you can reduce the cost by using player detectors to turn them of.

12. busi

busi New Member

Local Time:
    Tickets are in form of database saved currency or Item?
    Can tickets be traded / sold?
    Ticket multiplier based on Donation Rank?
    Tickets on rank ups?
    Get some starting tickets when deployed to all servers based on ontime rank?

13. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    might i suggest that you can also use a normal tipe of fuel, but you cant use the same type for more than an hour at a time? and cooldown for each fuel is 3 hours, so you would have to setup some pretty elaborate systems in order to fuel it, possibly only have 1 active at a time at maximum?

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    double virtual :D items, wouldn't work due to duping potential
    not planned, but might be later on - but I don't see a need to be honest, the voting system is going to be changed to choose between claimblocks, chunk loader tickets and mym's
    nope, at the beginning chunkloading is cheap as the upkeep is determined of what you are loading. So when you are loading a base with a lot of machines it is expensive while loading just a few machines is cheap. This comes with the reduced chunk loading cost at the beginning, so votes can be used for other stuff.

This would require a custom tileEntity which would require a client side mod. This is not what we want, because we don't want to force anyone to use our launcher.

15. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    i see, thats a fair point on all accounts, and it's nice you dont want to force people into only your launcher, but im fairly certain most of us use it anyway to keep up to date with your servers

16. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    not entirely right. you should be able to use a e.g. trapped chest for the plugin. Make that your chunkloader and just place the fuel inside.
    Nobody is using trapped chests anyway.
    There are lots of market plugins where you actually have to setup ur market with chests, same code could be used here.
    If you want to implement it. ;-)

17. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    i agree with knoxz, that chunkloader system would probably work, trapped chests just give off redstone when opened, so not useful for anything exept traps like "oh you put your hand in my chest, have some TNT!"

18. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I use trapped chests. They turn on my sorting dump chest extraction.

Also they are a good way to place chests side by side.

Please don't assume nobody uses them.

P.S.
    The reason I use trapped chests is that they emit the redstone signal is that way my extration pipe is not always running. Saving on server recourses and all.

profrags likes this.
  19. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    you could just use iron chests and a lever for those things :D, their functionality is not as great as one might think

20. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The point was for people not to assume that something is not used just because they don't use it.