Vanilla Terrafirmacraft, Would you play it?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Lawmonark, Oct 19, 2015.

?

Would you play vanilla TFC?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2015.
  1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    83.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Potato

24 vote(s)
    35.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:45 PM
    Recently i stared playing TFC. I was looking for a "good" TFC server but couldn't find one.
    How many people here would be interested in TFC with friends. If you are not familiar with TFC, check out some Etho videos. This single mod has some features where trading and trading routes could be made because some animal are from one side of the map while some fruits and vegetables can only grow in others.
    It has a real map that is like earth. with a equator and temperature change/seasons...ect.
    I always wanted to play on a server of this pack where the community drove the progression.
    Lets say there was 5 nations, North, East, South, West, Central. Each nation has crops and animals "special to them because of their location. Then the Central would the trading nation. We could have 1 passive nation that never goes to war. While the other 3 can. There are so many possibles with this overhaul.

2. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    11:45 AM
    Terrafirmacraft its something i love but can't play since there is not a lot of good server this is mod where the creator did't go nuts with it takes a lot just to get basic materials its like real life i would surely play it

3. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Interesting timing... it would seem Etho just started season 2.
    I guess a lot are returning to this mod, also with 180k views.... i think a lot might want to find a server.

profrags and julio1237878 like this.
  4. Ksparlor

Ksparlor Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:45 PM
    Yes yes yes 100x yes I love the feel of terrafirmacraft
    Its a great pack for communities people build towns, inns,markets and ranches.
    I've played on quite a few vanilla Tfc servers and the one thing they all lacked was the polish of a well ran server and I know mym does a great job with plugins and running servers so I'd love to see this

also one server I played on had this addon and If this does come to pass I feel this would make a great replacement for the shop plugin
    [TFC 0.79.23] Merchants Addon for TFC - Addons & Applications - TerraFirmaCraft Forums[DOUBLEPOST=1445228976,1445228571][/DOUBLEPOST]Also would like to add the mod always reminded me of the old harvest moon games

5. Pein_Rikudo

Pein_Rikudo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would say the only problem would be the world border. I remember having to go over 10,000 blocks just to find a certain ore

6. Ksparlor

Local Time:
    that is very true I've played on worlds where I had to go 6k+ blocks just to find salt

7. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    As a matter of fact, MYM DID have a TFC server, it's called D.I.E, lol :p it wasn't popular for a variety of reasons, mainly because TFC actually...

cbrozak likes this.
  8. Ksparlor

Local Time:
    Where did you get your statistics.

I played D.I.E for a bit while it was up and I can say it wasn't because of Terrafirmacraft that I lost interest it was because the pack was to "hardcore" for me[DOUBLEPOST=1445250908,1445250860][/DOUBLEPOST]Also to be fair I'm a huge fan of the mod :3

9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    TFC added a huge ammount to it's "hardcore"ness, which is why it was in the pack

10. Ksparlor

Local Time:
    Yes I understand that, I've played on many vanilla Tfc servers where I got to endgame smelting and metal

You can't compare D.I.E to a vanilla Tfc server on a hardcore basis D.I.E had loads of tweaks and extra mods tailored to make your stay there hard and in some cases frustrating.

11. Pein_Rikudo

Pein_Rikudo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Another thing would be animal spawns. Once again with the world border, and if you get many new players to tfc, if you kill animals they will not respawn.

12. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Its wasnt TFC that caused players to quit... it was the dying.
    The pack was one of the hardest packs i ever played... and i enjoy packs like blood and bones.

Vanilla TFC is a totally differant game compared to that pack. While it was a good pack, most didnt like it.

cbrozak and Ksparlor like this.
  13. Win_J

Win_J Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    1:45 AM
    Would definitely agree to this as I've watched alot of TFC videos and it is such a fun experience.
    Also, I would suggest making a mini - modpack like the one Etho has in his season 2 for better experience (NEI, VoxelMap, Decocraft, etc.)
    I Found this in the facts part of the official TFC site:
    Can I put TFC in my modpack?

• TFC is licensed under GNU GPL v3. You can use Terrafirmacraft in your modpack, public or private. If possible, please link to the mod's website, so people know where it came from.
    • TFC is a mod for Minecraft. Therefore, all distributions must comply with Mojang's EULA. This includes restrictions put in place stating that you are not allowed to directly make money from distributing TFC. Server donations are fine in some situations, but must also comply with Mojang's statements regarding server monetisation.
    • We do not support the use of the Technic/Tekkit launcher. If you wish to use a Technic Pack, you are not allowed to advertise it on our forums, and any issues such as bugs and crashes that happen while using a Technic Pack will not receive support on these forums.
    Maybe, put the mini - modpack in the MYM launcher?

14. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    problem with a mini modpack is that we have to force people use the mym launcher to join the server

15. Ksparlor

Local Time:
    I don't think any big launchers have a copy of vanilla tfc anyways unless you add it from a code

16. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    But then people can just install the one mod and join servers but if mym has more mods it will still make people use our launcher to join. What just becomes a hassle for people.

I wouldn't mind having a mini mod pack with it but I think it would just lower the player count

17. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:45 PM
    I would play it. I've done the standard kitchen sink modpack route so many times that it's at a point where I get to endgame so fast that I lose interest.

TFC would be an entire learning experience for me and I could see myself spending lots of time learning how to do everything perfectly.

I say: YES! :D

julio1237878 likes this.
  18. dayglo123

dayglo123 Member

Local Time:
    I want to play it!

But i want a potato.

19. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    6:45 AM
    with the argument of forcing people to use the MyM launcher, we had to use it for things like mineyourgalaxy, hypoblovia and galactic science, also allot of people use the launcher to stay on the same update as the servers, and to make sure there are no issues.

So im all go for a custom terrafirmacraft modpack, its fun, its hard and most importantly its hard to find another server for it ;D

Demonica6666 likes this.
  20. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    alot of people come to GS from ftb launcher actually, then the MYM launcher update gets released and then they learn about it and then use it...