Banned words

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Boom39, Oct 22, 2015.

1. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    8:51 AM
    it's not properly edited, gonna is the same thing as going to, wanna is want to, and onna is just what? their just trying to get proper grammar on the playing field there, nothing more

2. JacaRoe

JacaRoe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There's grammar censors? Cmon, you're kidding me. You're kidding, right? :confused:

3. Kutao217

Kutao217 New Member

Local Time:
    If by grammar censors you mean players then yes lol.
    Okay I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I believe that joining the MyM network and accepting the rules it means you have read the rules and understand that cursing in any shape or form is not okay. I understand that we all want to express ourselves via words but there are many words that can be used in exchange for the curse words. I don't want my own children cursing so why would I let others curse. We all have a large vocabulary and we should use it.

I do understand that everyone wants to use words they use everyday but why not just say your words out loud and leave the typed words in a respectable manner. :) Aanndd I'm done.

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  4. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    1:51 PM
    No it's true but only on one modpack for some reason, I'm pretty sure it's just part of a default list that we never bothered to disable, but it's been pointed out multiple times now and it still hasn't been removed :/

5. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:51 PM
    12+ is the official pg rating on minecraft

6. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:51 AM
    well i suppose you can nude skins.... although i wouldnt reccomend it.

7. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ??? why? i like my curent skin.
    im just telling the fact, minecraft is offical pg12+ this servers practice pg 5-8 somthing.
    and i dont have a need to type in profanity words like the ppl arguing for it in this poste.
    but why ppl have a need to type in profanity words is out of my understanding. lack of self control maybe?

8. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Only if you like long breaks from MyM servers ;)

Rebelborn likes this.
  9. pizzaluc

pizzaluc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  10. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:51 AM
    Honestly, I do not see any need of typing out any type of profanity out in chat. If you really must, keep it in messages...or other chats such as Skype. There's no need for the entire server to see anyone break out in cussing. You can shout at your screen for all anyone cares, just don't do it in chat.

I do agree that the chat filters should be updated so that we don't have the silly argument of "well it's not censored therefore I can say it all I want". But, this is why we have moderators, and even players pointing and correcting the words that do slip by.

And just to remind you or anyone else...this is just a game. People come on it to have fun, to relax, to escape reality. No one wants to come on only to end up having to see people arguing--this will only mar the fun they came on for. Keep it to yourself or keep it private. If a moderator points it out to you and gives you a warning just follow it even if you (as I remember being there and witnessed you say this) have no respect to the staff.

I will reiterate when you do /acceptrules on any of our servers you are bound to follow them...and as our first rule says 'ignorance is no excuse'.
    Also, I'll end with a quote from what JacaRoe said...