Horizons MatterOverdrive exhausting the server

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Slind, Oct 19, 2015.

1. CaptainPrice_

CaptainPrice_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    Because of the MO blocks on the map. Doesn't that screw it up? Cause errors? Minecraft tries to display blocks that aren't actually there.. idk.

2. FlareArrow

FlareArrow Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:24 AM
    It may not need a map wipe, per say (not even entirely sure why I said that in the first place), but there may be the need for some player data to be wiped, and those seem to go hand in hand. The biggest problems I can see occurring from the loss of Matter Overdrive are with Android players. Now, fully disabling the mod leaves the problem that player data of these players may become corrupted. Even if we simply ban everything from the mod, we're left with the problem that they have an irreversible condition caused by said mod which relies on access to Android Stations and Matter Overdrive batteries. While this is less problematic than the first option, it still creates a decently large issue with these players, as they either need to lose their Android status, something I'm not entirely sure is a possibility, or they need to be allowed access to items that are being anything but nice to the server.

3. Blade7765

Blade7765 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    it would probably be fairly difficult to do but could you just delete bases that are causing lag that the owner of said base has been offline for over a month or so? could that possibly help?

4. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    When the server starts up for the first time after a mod is removed it will automatically scan through every map file and every player file and wipe the blocks/items from the missing mod, so nothing to worry about there.
    Again this doesn't appear to be an issue, I just tested it in single player by making a new world, then turned myself into an android, gave myself some of the upgrades in the android table, then closed the client, disabled the mod and the loaded back up again, and when I went back into the SP world my hunger bar was back to normal and any effects/abilities from the android upgrades were gone.

So long story short, we should be able to completely disable the mod server side without having to reset any maps/players, and all that will happen as far as players are concerned is any MO items/machines they currently have will vanish ;)

Also we have loads of backups for every server so if anything does go wrong we can easily revert to before it was removed and at worst a few players will have lost whatever progress was made between MO being removed and us deciding to rollback.

5. CaptainPrice_

CaptainPrice_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There were probably 15 people on last night and I asked everyone if they even used MO and not a single person said they did.. I really don't think it would be all that much of a loss to lose the mod. I only know of 1 person who does though - LauchMC.

Slind likes this.
  6. Blade7765

Blade7765 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    so, i'm an android. whats going to happen to me if the mod is wiped?

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    12:24 PM

8. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    I think at this point. We need a poll about removing it.

Blade7765 likes this.
  9. sejoran

sejoran Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    4:24 AM
    Im with the Captain here, i play mostly on Horizons and i didn't even know MO was a thing till i saw this. So honestly im among the group for just removing it.

As for this, this isnt quite true, are you talking about the normal overworld? or the realistic gen?, the normal overworld still has more than enough space, ive been over a good portion of it and there's not as many claims as you think there are. That is if we're talking about Horizons Daybreaker. True there are old claims there, where we haven't seen those people on but if you're looking for a spot there's huge tracks of prime unclaimed land.

The42ndDruid likes this.
  10. Emobard

Emobard Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    As someone who plays on this server, just fix the matter overdrive or remove it. I dont know anyone who uses matter overdrive to begin with. A map wipe would tick me off as I'm almost done building The Lexx as my base and its pretty awesome, i even made it so you enter and exit out the poop shoot.

Rebelborn likes this.
  11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    12:24 PM
    Has been updated today.