[Done] Should the ARK Server get a world reset ?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Bennyboy1695, Oct 28, 2015.

?

Would you like a world reset on ARK ?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2015.
  1. Yes, the world is rather crowded

59.3%
  2. I don't mind either way

7.4%
  3. No, i don't want a reset

11.1%
  4. POOP

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xXxNahanxXx

xXxNahanxXx Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:27 AM
    Understandable. Was just wondering how we'd kill a DodoRex for that amazing hat skin in 4 days from scratch. Or maybe there would be a way to get it after the event? Not sure if the Devs mentioned anything about it

2. Ralph_Anthony

Ralph_Anthony Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I am about to purchase this game with a playing partner and we both will be starting out new. She has at least done some research all I know about it it cool and has dinosaurs, so I am in.

3. xXxNahanxXx

Local Time:
    It's a very amazing game with a lot of exploration, and tons of things to do! I'll be playing after the restart though since all my dinos died of hunger in the month I was gone lol

4. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:27 AM
    LoL... they didn't die by hunger :p

5. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:27 AM
    You have no chance of killing the dodorex before or after the reset :p that thing is the most op creature added.

6. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:27 AM
    Nope i dont think so. u need to be end game to kill it. 4 day's is not enough. it has 666666,66 hp

7. Bennyboy1695

Local Time:
    It doesnt really matter how far you are either tbh, its more about how powerful your dinos are and how many your prepared to get killed by that thing :p I've been watching a bunch of youtubers attempt it and it killed all of their high level dinos without even barely getting hurt itself

Rebelborn likes this.
  8. xXxNahanxXx

Local Time:
    oh..... okay.... lol. True to the DodoRex. why does it have to have 666666.66 HP :/

9. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You can drown it, that's the easiest way to kill it ^^

Level 1 = 666k health
    Level 120 = 4million health

On Official server 102, we attempted it with two rex's
    One rex has 43k health, the other 30k.
    1500 damage, 1600 damage, Ascended saddle (80) armour, Mastercraft saddle (67 armour)
    It survived the whole night.. It got bloody, but no where near to "death"

Drowning it is currently the only way to kill it "efficiently", otherwise you can lure it to a mountain with a bird and make it fall off, they take fall damage too.

I just realised we're all discussing random ARK stuff on this thread, that isn't about the reset: MyM | Ark Survival Evolved | MineYourMind Community | Maybe we should move our discussions over here.. :p

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Demonica6666 and Rebelborn like this.
  10. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:27 AM
    One suggestion, if possible....increase the maturity rates for babies.

11. Bennyboy1695

Local Time:
    Already at 8x i think it is

12. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I bred several mammals early yesterday. The gestation is fine, but maturation is, well, very very long. With having already gathered a ton or berries and meat before birth, I was prepped and ready. It took most of the day for them to hit the 10% and become juveniles. 1 did not make it as I finally had to go to be many hours later. Even then, with 3 full feeders, my tiny cute saber and a puppy died. I fear they will all be dead when I log on today. I did manage to level my QueenRex up about 15 times though, haha. I checked out some other on YouTube and 25 to 30 rate increase seems to be the recommended. And most who play on the server do not play for the same long time lengths I do. :confused: I know a couple of them have bemoaned not being able to breed because of the time involved and losing pets when they log off. Could you do a poll about increasing it? You know how nuuby I am about making those. lol. Now time to go kill stuff and search for skelly dinos. Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1446207953][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I watched an entire troup of Pooping Evolved try to take down the Dodo. No luck. In fact, they ened up trying with about 6 or so super Rexes, all died but one that was ridden away desperately.[DOUBLEPOST=1446221951,1446207838][/DOUBLEPOST]Suggestion...If we reset, we need to have a blow out event. Before the reset, turn the world to only night, server spawn Dodorex. Everyone prep and bring some storage boxes with guns, ammo, beds, explosives. Bring all of your dinos. Then we all go ham on the dodo. Being sure to make the beds in a circle before and holding off on C4 til near the end. Expecting massive dino death and player death. An epic end to the old world. What do you say?

13. xXxNahanxXx

Local Time:
    So since it's friday, whens the restart? =D

14. Bossgrim

Bossgrim Active Member

Local Time:
    Demonica6666 likes this.
  15. Bennyboy1695

Local Time:
    Ark world has been reset! Time to start hunting, taming, and defeating the Dodorex!

16. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    I have contributed to this post by voting poop

Demonica6666 likes this.