Interesting 1.7.10 Modpacks for Servers | MyM

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Slind, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:41 PM
    Watch for the next two packs from FTB.

1. Infinity Hard Mode (release date is scheduled for later this fall)

2. Relentless (release eta "soon"- its in closed testing currently)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    BookerTheGeek likes this.
  2. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    @Slind

We spoke about GT packs a while back. I mentioned this pack to you. But the reasons why i wouldn't recommend it before have changed. Mainly because the GT5U mod which fixed most of my concerns about packs using GT5.

[1.7.10] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.1.17 [GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack] - Updated 10/31/2015 | Feed the Beast

Jason started using a special version of Greg Tech that has been completed more then Greg's GT5. The unoffical version has been authorized and approved by Greg. Blood Asp is now the developer of it.... and its really good.

GregTech 5 Unofficial - Official Feed The Beast Wiki

[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable. - GregTech - IC² Forum

I now recommend a server of this for the GT fans.

3. Kas_Boot

Kas_Boot Member

Local Time:
    Bee Happy [1.7.10][205 Quests][Unlisted] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees | Feed the Beast

Releashed at June 28

FTBlauncher

you have enter a pack code: BeeHappy

mixed but mostly bees and most based around bees!

74 mods (I could have totally miscounted them), but no extreme big mods

It is special beause it is totally basec around bees

That you can get everything from just some few bees you get at the beginning.

For people to learn messing around with bees even when they do not anything of bees.

alfiealfie likes this.
  4. metalim

metalim Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:41 PM
    Any update on Banished pack? I'm looking for a server.
    Was it too easy? Too hard?

5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    12:41 PM
    probably won't be given, not enough player support irrc and too much work

6. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I played Bee Happy and I guess it would technically work on a server here quite nicely. You start on a small Skyblock and you get some very good power options (Solar Panel Tier 5) right from the start, so you can get really fast into bees which produce all of the stuff.
    You have the choice between doing the hard way (Forestry) or the nice way (Gendustry), because you are given the (Industrial) Apiaries very fast. The modpack author really wants you to do everything with bees.
    You get a lot of machinery (TE and MFR) in the quests also. The pack includes some quests on Thaumcraft and Botania.

The downside is, that I don't think this pack attracts many people. It has also some grinding involved at the beginning.

As far as I know the author plans to do a new version V3, which is not a skymap. I think doing this on a normal map, where you can settle in certain Biomes would make the pack more interesting. I like the whole skyblock idea, but in this pack it feels kinda forced and unneccessary.

It is still worth a look though. Just wanted to give some feedback.

Asapps and Kas_Boot like this.
  7. Kas_Boot

Kas_Boot Member

Local Time:
    Dear sandstroem,
    Thx for you're opinion about the pack appreciate it!

Kas_Boot

8. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Name: Survival Stories
    Curse launcher

This pack has been developed by a whole team of developers. It is more of an exploring pack.

9. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:41 PM
    I'd like to see a server for this.

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    There is only one version, very few downloads and only one "dev" listed. On top no official way of reporting issues. What tells you that it is that good?

11. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Watching the lets play, ReNDoG and Iskall85, During Iskalls first video he explains how much work was done on it.

Saying that, if your looking to make another server, i would suggest Infitech 2, A lot has change in the pack and i can now recommend it.

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    doesn't it use gregtech worldgen and the original gregtech mod?

13. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There is a Let's Play done by Delgar, going over 20-something episodes, if you want to see more. Also HaighYorkie (british YouTuber) did a short spotlight on it.

The first version of the pack started of with Ex Nihilo, the usual stuff to get the machines, but it turned out that most players skipped the bees and got their resources by sieving, so the dev took Ex Nihilo out.
    The pack is meant for people interested in bee stuff and he really forces you to go that route. It is also a very light pack I think.

14. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Yes, it uses the world gen BUT it uses a new version of Gregtech a continuation, see my post about it.. a few posts back.

15. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Does the new version have normal ores (non tile ents).

16. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:41 AM
    xisuminati
    at launcher (permissions issues I know )
    mixed pack
    40 mods
    a lighweight pack for old and new players including new/reborn mods that ftb hasnt used in a while such as ganys mod quantum flux as well as some favorites like extra utils tinkers mfr and a few others

this pack can run on my old toaster witb 2 gigs so anyone can playd it on my new comp I get over 150fps best part no hqm..

17. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Yes, i asked Jason and he said Blood Asp has made some performance tweaks to them. He also tagged Blood, lets see if i can find out more.

[1.7.10] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.1.20 [GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack] - Updated 11/20/2015 | Page 414 | Feed the Beast[DOUBLEPOST=1448650364][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Can you show me a mod list? or a link to where i can download it at test it.[DOUBLEPOST=1448658569,1448650333][/DOUBLEPOST]@Slind

If your looking for a pack or packs to make a new server. The following packs i think would do well.

1. Infitech 2 (if performance is better in GT5U)
    2. Magic Farm 3 (This is the only pack with Mo Creatures) *would need to disable the better sleep mod
    3. TechnoFirma ([1.7.10] Technofirma - Terrafirmacraft Modpack | Feed the Beast
    4. Modsauce 2 (ATLauncher - Hermitcraft Modsauce 2

Out of all of them Modsauce 2 stands out to me because of its mod list. Not sure how stable it is, but it does have some really cool mods that are not in any other packs.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  18. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:41 AM
    Xisumavoid

19. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    I really dont see this pack as being popular.
    While it is a nice "light" pack, it also has Aether, which is not light.

If it had Decocraft, Immersive Engineering, Pams Harvest craft and maybe a few other staple mods, it might work. But again, i am not seeing this becoming a popular pack

20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    If they are still tile entities it doesn't matter, as the performance issue is caused by too many tile entities loaded. The impact is so extreme that you can't have a smooth running server with 5 players.