Monster Reset & Changes

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by SirWill, May 12, 2014.

1. hotmaildotcom1

hotmaildotcom1 Member

Local Time:
    4:26 AM
    Alright. So I dont know where the warning was for the map reset, but I missed it entirely. Im upset but whatever. Can I please have a copy of the old server? I want to host it myself and just go get pictures of the biggest base that I have ever built that just got crushed after two weeks of construction and no warning for deletion. From a customers point of view this is just unacceptable. Im not trying to be bossy or make you guys hate me but seriously. People have money on this server, and even if there was warning given it was not posted anywhere convenient so that 90% of the player base missed it. I know its a game, but I have paid you guys for it, and I didnt even get a warning.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    11:26 AM
    There wasn't one... seriously, don't get me started bro, even I didn't get advanced warning of this because the higher-ups were too busy working on it to bother telling me, but rest assured i've already given them an earful about it and it won't happen like this again!

On the upside, we do plan to bring the other monster maps back online for a few days or so sometime soon so you will get your chance to take your pictures just as you say :)

3. Zphantom13

Zphantom13 New Member

Local Time:
    6:26 PM
    Why wasn't there any warning?

4. Doctorfoxwolf

Doctorfoxwolf Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    Likely to avoid mass panic/tantrums.

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    12:26 PM
    It is quite hard to find a perfect way and I would appreciate any ideas on how you would design a server reset.

Last time we announced it about a week before the reset and the result was that players stopped playing and bothered us with "When will the new server be online?" and even complained that they couldn't start right now. Another thing is that we had to force staff members to get on the server and keep supporting, which kinda did not work as only one did. Another thing is that we lost quite a few players that said, I don't want to wait and I have no fun playing until the reset is there, so lets look for another server.

So please let us know your ideas and maybe be find quite a good solution for the future. :)

6. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    6:26 AM
    i would say that we are going to update and if you stay you can keep like 1/2 of what's in your inventory so they don't have to do sooo much resetup and therefore they want to keep adding on :D and keep up their hardest to make things so they don't get depressed about the loss

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    we will never ever make such a reset. If we reset we reset everything!! Letting people keep some stuff or giving them an advantage makes the start unfair and unbalanced and is not newbie friendly, next to this, with the right items you save your self days of work and therefor you faster get your laggy machinery up again and running.

8. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    true but when you have a t5 or 4 donor it only takes like 10 days to reset it up anyways

9. Doctorfoxwolf

Doctorfoxwolf Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    True, but that's because they donated. It will take you 5 days to set up anyways.

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    baseless assumption..

11. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    except i live with bk and we already have a bigreactor setup...

12. Ipozi

Ipozi New Member

Local Time:
    And 3-4 others, I'm sure that helps the setup time

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    yhea it does quite a bit

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    • increased from 20 to 24 slots until the third server goes live

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    sirwilli or slind can you add ender drones and princesses steadfast ones and oblivion ones to the market so that people can get them because the end's been looted already

16. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Im not making any promises cause it's ultimately their decision, but my recommendation would be to put The End on a 6 hour reset timer... 20 minutes was way too short when we did it with M2 last time, but i think 6 hours should be reasonable... short enough to give everyone (regardless of timezone) a fair chance to loot bees, mine some mimi/pitchblend and of course slay the dragon and get its egg, but not so short that everyone gets sick of hearing the dragon kill noise every half hour!

17. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    You can now use /old or /plus for the old monster plus server on the monster servers to visit the old servers. That is temporary so don't wait too long.

And no items get not transfered you can only visit them and not play on them.

18. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    I'll make a separate announcement thread about it just to be sure that no one misses it.

I take it that /old is for M2 not M1?? Admittedly, I don't think anyone was still playing on M1 when it closed so I doubt access to that is needed but its not entirely clear from the way you worded your post which old monster you're referring to...
    Also, how temporary is temporary just so I know?

19. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    about 5 days

20. Ipozi

Ipozi New Member

Local Time:
    Will any of the old servers be available for download at some point?